Atomic Emu, Pet Conjurer - Callagadra Facetank Edition

Petwalker did SR90 while I had trouble taking a fully geared Skeleton pet build to even SR80.
So yes, I would say Skeletons are worse than even a budget pet conjurer atm.

2 Likes

Heh, true, conjurer is a lot safer.

2 Likes

Hello again Maya. Can I respec skills, attributes and devotions after I hit lvl 94 right away? or do I need to farm gears and items for the end game build first? (like the one that you mention on the Fluffy Squishy build guide) thanks.

1 Like

Ideally, farm the gears first since the devotion setup used here is extremely defensive, which might leave you doing low DPS if you switch to it without the endgame items.

1 Like

That makes sense. Any advice on farming location or specific MI boss for legendary set, or I just need to do SR and Crucible on Ultimate until I get all the items. Thanks again Maya.

1 Like

The set items are unfortunately random drops. So it is pretty much farming SR/Cruci and praying to the gods of luck.

(You can however craft Mythical Beastcaller if you have the helmet blueprint and you can use a variation of this build with full M.Beastcaller while farming Bysmiel’s Trinkets)

1 Like

I see…time to do the SR & Cucible run until I get all the items :rofl: thanks you Maya :blush:

1 Like

Glad to be of help :blush:

Also, this should more or less work if you end up having a hard time getting Bysmiel’s Trinkets set - Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

Got it. Thank you :crate: :faction_bysmiel:

1 Like

Nah, this is who you need to pray to. :smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi Maya,

Would you make any significant changes for HC?
Cause I’m about to try this in HC

The only change needed for HC would be to not try going so deep into SR :yum:

1 Like

Hey Maya!

Any tips for items to farm/build in the early game for levelling?
Including components and augments!

No specific items needed. Same goes for augments and components.
The “How to Level” section is meant to work with random stuff you find while getting to level 100, so that you don’t need to spend time farming low level items. Also because I wanted to make generic leveling guides for pets rather than build specific ones.

Relics are pretty much the only exception since those don’t drop and need to be crafted. But even Hysteria will serve you well until the end of Ultimate story/campaign mode.

Generally just grab anything that gives pet bonuses and player resistances. Also be mindful of items that convert pet damage, since you will need proper resistance reduction (RR) for the damage type.

In the “how to level” section for example, the skill and devotion setup given is for Elemental/Physical pets. Something like Vitality, Chaos or Aether pets would need some changes, like for example manticore devotion for the universal RR.

If you are looking for something to work towards once you hit level 100, but before farming the endgame items - Petwalker - Walking Simulator Budget Pet Conjurer

If you want the full guide (in case) - The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

For those who really hate Greens and farming for affixes -

Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (Greenless Setup)

Callagadra fully facetanked in around 8 minutes, no potions/consumables used except Elixir of Spirit.

Crate took around 3 minutes, but no potions/consumables used at all.

SR 140 done -

bonus pic

Haha! I repeat comeback to Agarrad for 10 hour, and feel no hope to get the shield :smiley:

you can go for the Mythical Maw of the Damned instead if you wish. As you can see from the op, it is a viable replacement to the green shield.

Thank you, Maya, a good green shield is really hard to find lol, and welcome back!

1 Like

Facetanking not recommended anymore (try to avoid sunder), but around 6 min lazy cally kill in 1.2 :3
Pets do die a bit more now though.