Attak Seru, Blind Sage, Ultos, Ulzuin and Leviathan comparison

Comparing elemental T3 devotions step by step, we might see that Sage and Seru are underperforming comparing to others

Ultos:

1. RR
  2. 434 lightning + 510 electrocute
  3. 20% Weapon damage
  4. 10 targets
  5. Very convenient requirements

Ulzuin:

1. Massive AoE
  2. 265 fire + 376 burn damage for 1 projective (not sure, correct me if I’m wrong)
  3. Not to mention good stats like %OA, chaos res, movespeed and crit damage.
  4. Good requirements since green devotions were buffed

Leviathan:

1. Good Aoe
  2. 420 cold + 340 frostburn
  3. Decent defensive stats (5% HP + 4% phys res)
  4. Requirements are not that good since purple path needs buff

All this procs have decent amount of damage and useful stats, but lets have a look at Seru and Sage
Seru:

1. Proc is only good if you have elem->aether or aether->elem conversion, but having additional crit damage is fine compensation. Though, there is no OA with purple path to utilize crit damage.
    Suggestion: some OA on purple devotions or little damage buff for proc
  2. Very tough requirements, higher then most of T3.
  3. Bad stats - only 3% DA, no HP, no phys res, no % to elemental DoTs. Bleed and Pierce res are kind a useless.
    Suggestion: little rebalance of nodes (armor/HP/phys res/healing effects)

Sage:

1. Decent damage, but the radius is bad
  2. Requirements are better then Seru since green devotions have better stats then purple
  3. Skill disruption res is kind a useles. 30% isn’t enough for comfortable gameplay. Build that need disruption res might take Harmony Pants.
    Suggestion: replace disruption res with smth more useful (like 5% total speed)

Edit (thanks @tqFan): Seru and Sage have the lowest recharge rates also

To whom? Removing this would screw over builds that i have that use this devotion. Saying a stat in a devotion is useless means nothing without evidence.

2 Likes

Pierce and Bleed are very common res that might be found on lots of items/affixes/suffixes. If you have a look at others T3, it has aether/chaos/vitality or smth else. And you take words out of context, I said about Seru stats in general

50 + 3% DA. I know that you meant only this particular node but not mentioning others is this context is weird.

1 Like

Still not enough for T3, unfortunately (solemn watcher has 4%) :frowning_face:

That can literally be applied to every resistance in the game. That doesn’t stop some builds from struggling with specific resistances and i have builds as evidence that removing the bleed and pierce res for something else in Attak Seru would screw them over.

The problem with putting a bunch of OA on purple devotions and why i believe the devs haven’t done so is that it’s a blanket buff to a bunch of physical and pierce builds that aren’t struggling with OA. Then they can reach insane amounts of OA.

You are suggesting a bunch of changes without the foresight of the possible consequences it can have in the future.

Shows builds that are actually struggling with Elemental Seeker or Attak Seru. That’s what the devs want.

1 Like

Physical builds aren’t in a good place now except retal.
Problem with pierce builds might solves by reducing OA a bit on some dedicated items

And again, pierce and bleed are much easier to find + it’s not very dangerous types of damage for character

It’s obvious that Seru and Sage are weaker then others T3 by comparing step by step. That’s why there are so few builds with it. Because it performs worse then classical elemental maps

Still not evidence of anything.

And i can also do the same and prove aether resistance is everywhere and say specific devotion nodes are useless because aether res is easy to find. Still doesn’t mean jack because doing that will screw builds that struggle with aether res.

Still no builds from you that are going to be #deadbuilds without 20% bleed res

Nvm, you consider this res useful, I don’t. Let’s see, what different people will say.
What’s your opinion on others points?

How is it convenient, when you have to go for at least two chaos devotions to get Ultos, for no logical reason, since chaos devotions have literally zero lightning damage support? That req should’ve been order or something else.

Unless you’re accounting the weird spear devotion, that for some yet another bizarre reason, has chaos requirement, which is also totally anti-lore, given who Empyrion was, but given the amount of immersion breaking stuff going in this game right now, it’s not really surprising those devotions have totally out of place requirements.

You forgot to write that Seru and Sage have the lowest recharge rates.You should take into account in the comparison.

2 Likes

It’s convenient since you have lots of stats like OA, DA, ADCtH, armor ext. with Ultos path

Thanks!
/10char

And which devotions does physical retal use? Purple.

Stay on topic please. It’s not only about retal

My post was on topic because your suggestion to dump a bunch of OA in purple devotions will boost the thing physical retal struggle the most with and that’s OA. It’s a blanket buff to a bunch of builds.

->

/10char

6 chaos is very common for lightning. All heavy %WD chars, e.g. melee/ranged primal strike use ghoul, which is already 3 chaos. Lightning casters tend to use bat a lot due to the vit->lightning conversion belt, which is 2 chaos. Also the other Tier 3 lightning devotion, spear requires 7 Chaos. Chaos is VERY common for lightning builds.

Why wouldn’t you account for it and how is that any weirder than any other tier 3?

1 Like

But can you not take Spider, Hawk and Raven situation to boost the OA? Or do you limit possible maps to only cookie cutter setups with Frog and Quill? I don’t get it.

Why this sounds like a drawback? :rofl:

I think we need a test char with 0% damage bonuses, reasonable OA and attack speed that attempts to kill dummies with various devotion procs only. For example Elemental Seeker sounds strong to me on paper with its 1.2s recharge and 100% on attack, crit damage and 555 elemental but I haven’t played with it too much.