Attak Seru, Blind Sage, Ultos, Ulzuin and Leviathan comparison

to quote myself from else where. the extra 300 oa and 19% crit damage from the spear path are not enough to out weigh the strength of a converted seru proc… that particular seru path even is forced to take trash devotion like nighttalon just to fill requirements

I actually do think the addition of total speed or movement to seru or sage or even both if it was smaller amount would be a nice change. When going that deep into green/purple movement speed does suffer, so it would be a nice bone to toss in for QoL.

I also would say wait for 1.7 as there already were some potential minor changes slated for some of the purple devotions before this thread came into being. (Plz Don’t kill me Zantai :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

So what if that one build is better with seru? The devotion powers have very different proc methods, one has a much lower activation chance than the other, one benefits far more greatly from conversion than the other, one is more costly to access, they provide different access to different parts of constellation map. There are positive and negative to all.

I don’t think improving purple pathing would upset balance.

Thread was intended to compare the different devotions; I provided examples of it working well in several different builds with similar results to other supposedly superior paths (I have more if that is really needed)

There are much more examples of strong builds with Ultos/Ulzuin. Cold builds don’t take Leviathan much because of lacking stats with purple path. Seru has very bad nodes and works well only with conversion and/or CDR, while others T3 work well by itself
Giving example with my build is poor move since it’s Iskandra and Sorc that do the job. I chose Seru path only to make smth decent with it finally

I too find the truth hilarious when the top physical retal build uses five purple devotions (Anvil, Targo, Assassin Blade, Messenger of War and Vire).

Essential devotions for elemental builds, indeed.

1 Like

Because missing the entire point is hilarious. And by all means, dump OA in purple devotions, those physical retal builds need it and it’s not an unwanted side effect of trying to help elemental devotions.

1 Like

Owl is a fine candidate, for example. Or add OA to Seru itself

1 Like

Because then that’s buffing pierce builds that love Harpy, Scythe, and Wolverine for more cunning dump because it gives DA. Not to mention phys retal builds using Wolverine, and Throne for CC res.

But again, by all means, put more OA in purple devotions. At this point i don’t really care if it ends up making some builds overpowered by accident. I’m just gonna sit and enjoy the show.

Oh, irony.

Looks like completely normal devotion path for elemental purple.
thonking

Better suggest some solution than scream about OP retal and 20% bleed res. That would be much more helpful for the thread and the game

There is indeed some fundamental disparity in OA distribution.

For instance, many acid builds cannot stack too much crit and don’t need crit for proc activations either, yet green path is flooded with OA. At the same time OA is essential to pierce and phys gameplay while purple path has very low amounts of it.

On most builds you can compansate lack of OA with gear, augments and mastery bonuses. But when you can’t and you start giving away big chunks of power to meet the OA mark, it’s very frustraiting.

Very few ele builds with high crit values and crit triggers like Ultos and Blizzard can afford to go for Seru.

Seru -> Being as your second suggestion is to rebalance the nodes of the constellation, why is your first suggestion to rebalance the route leading up to the constellation? If a Seru path is lacking a core stat, put it in the constellation itself so as not to upset the balance of builds whose devotion paths intersect with Seru’s.

4 Likes

The path and the Seru nodes are lacking of stats. Here we suggest different ways to improve the situation. In the end, only Zantai decides what way to choose, so better to have some variety
P.S. nice gif :smiley:

ah, those famous-never-ever-seen pierce builds that take them …

1 Like

Trying to keep on topic - Lightning <-> Aether is going to take Spear + Aeon regardless, so the Elemental Green + Purple devotions are either going to be full Elemental, or something like Pyran’s where the conversion is already baked into the set. If you want to convert Elemental to Cold or Fire, there are some conversion options available, but some of them are very unsynergistic:

Mythical Band of the Eternal Pyre can be used for full Fire Seekers, but look at the skill bonuses: Elemental Awakening (lol, Fire Nightblade), Explosive Strike, and Storm Touched. Fire Strike and Savagery are mutually exclusive, so there’s no way to make good use of the skills unless you like Fire Nightblade. Cold to Fire has no options for melee. So if you want to make fully Fire Seekers without resorting to Iksandra’s or Pyran’s, the only option you have is something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9LlKQ2 (lol at the Weapon Damage, so it’s probably trash, I just wanted to see if it was possible to make a melee build with Elemental to Fire conversion).

Elemental to Cold has a few more options, and Aether to Cold is implicit in Star Pact and Chillheart converts both Lightning and Fire to Cold. However, Lightning to Cold also has Ultos, and I think that between Cold Ultos, Leviathan, Cold Seekers, and Cold Attak Seru, the reasonable choice for devotion set-ups would be between Ultos + Leviathan, Ultos + Seekers, or the Purple + Green path.

All in all, my hunch is that the Attak Seru set-up only works with a few sets where the stats are already implicit in the set, and to open up possibilities for non-set builds, a few buffs in general stats would be really useful.

2 Likes

What about making some changes to purple devos and nerfing the hell out of retal builds - it is kind of needed a lot.

Oh, really, retal has 1 broken and 1 okay build, let’s NERF 'EM ALL

When I search retal builds in the forum search I see many of them with deep SR claims. So… they kind of need it.