Attak Seru, Blind Sage, Ultos, Ulzuin and Leviathan comparison

The path and the Seru nodes are lacking of stats. Here we suggest different ways to improve the situation. In the end, only Zantai decides what way to choose, so better to have some variety
P.S. nice gif :smiley:

ah, those famous-never-ever-seen pierce builds that take them …

1 Like

Trying to keep on topic - Lightning <-> Aether is going to take Spear + Aeon regardless, so the Elemental Green + Purple devotions are either going to be full Elemental, or something like Pyran’s where the conversion is already baked into the set. If you want to convert Elemental to Cold or Fire, there are some conversion options available, but some of them are very unsynergistic:

Mythical Band of the Eternal Pyre can be used for full Fire Seekers, but look at the skill bonuses: Elemental Awakening (lol, Fire Nightblade), Explosive Strike, and Storm Touched. Fire Strike and Savagery are mutually exclusive, so there’s no way to make good use of the skills unless you like Fire Nightblade. Cold to Fire has no options for melee. So if you want to make fully Fire Seekers without resorting to Iksandra’s or Pyran’s, the only option you have is something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9LlKQ2 (lol at the Weapon Damage, so it’s probably trash, I just wanted to see if it was possible to make a melee build with Elemental to Fire conversion).

Elemental to Cold has a few more options, and Aether to Cold is implicit in Star Pact and Chillheart converts both Lightning and Fire to Cold. However, Lightning to Cold also has Ultos, and I think that between Cold Ultos, Leviathan, Cold Seekers, and Cold Attak Seru, the reasonable choice for devotion set-ups would be between Ultos + Leviathan, Ultos + Seekers, or the Purple + Green path.

All in all, my hunch is that the Attak Seru set-up only works with a few sets where the stats are already implicit in the set, and to open up possibilities for non-set builds, a few buffs in general stats would be really useful.

2 Likes

What about making some changes to purple devos and nerfing the hell out of retal builds - it is kind of needed a lot.

Oh, really, retal has 1 broken and 1 okay build, let’s NERF 'EM ALL

When I search retal builds in the forum search I see many of them with deep SR claims. So… they kind of need it.

Nice claim of nerfing ALL builds with only 1-2 really outperfrorming.
But ok, this is not a retal thread.

I imagine most of those deep SR Retaliation builds comparatively are slow Crucible clearers or campaign farmers to builds made specifically for those modes. Some builds or archetypes shine in one specific section of the game.

Now if a build is clearing all corners of the game in record setting times though, then that is certainly worth examining.

1 Like

I guess improving the purple devotions affects too many other classes, so the only option is rebalancing the devotions itself. For example, lowering purple requirements of Sage to maybe 8 purple and 20 greens might be possible and in addition adding some speed plus improving it’s skill disruption resist and nerfing some of the damage could be done.
And for Seru, changing it’s requirements will unbalance everything so decreasing it’s aoe and adding some phys resist to it while increasing the health bonus(aether builds lacks hp too unless you choose soldier as secondary), and adding movement speed to owl and giving more OA to toad can solve problems and save elemental/aether builds to get wolwerine(just 40+.%4 DA and the rest is useless for a five point devotion.)
These are just my opinions. My aim is not to make OP these devotions, just compensate the other stats for the builds which uses them.

I choosed Owl and Toad because they are not popular but they give nice points to route to take Seru or Sage

I think the real problem here is Seru. Sage is pretty good in both multielemental builds and monoelemental ones with conversions.

Seru has an excessive requirement of purple points to be really worth it, in my personal experience. I would personally remove the crit damage bonus on the proc and boost both its aether and elemental numbers.

Toad can afford to have lackluster stats since it gives +2 affinity beyond the point investment. It will be taken simply because it gets you to other stuff more efficiently.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRreQrZ Now just look at this theorycrafted build of mine. How do I put it to action with those stats? It uses Sage, and of course I took toad etc. This build has the best two proc that gives OA among all and yes it’s look alright with procs but when they’re on CD you can’t even hit… The rest of the procs gives Movement speed so he can only walk at max speed, low phys resist, without SR set, it doesn’t have capped CC resists or more than 11k health so how do you justify that? I know it’s kinda an absurd build but just check it.

I don’t think devotions are to blame for a lack of gear support for a concept. As the weapon clearly favors the inclusion of occultist how about we take a look at a witchblade variant that has more phys res and OA… and attack speed and flat damage? Without gear it’s elemental damage and you’re giving up your exclusive to have just one noteworthy source of RR for tactician.

1 Like

There is also technically no gear for Elemental 2h melee Battle Mage, 2h melee elemental warlock, 2h melee sorcerer. There is even no gear for witchblade either, just occultist and soldier classes provides more stats that’s all and the whole build is depending on conversion and actually there is no 2h melee scion of arcane force build in the forum either so we do not know how powerful it is. You just put together to pieces and make a builds. The game is all about this, you can use variations of items in order to reach different aims. Having a gear for a build means for example like having blood knight set; that gear provides a lot of options vitality+ bleeding builds. You can find fill other slots with which suits your set-up. You can’t say, this can’t be done in this game. But you can say, the build has limits. Every build has limits, some will be weaker of course. Some lack phys resist, some lack health, some lack dps, some lack RR, some lack mobility etc. But they kinda work with those vulnerabilities, why? Because you can compensate those with devotions and a few component+gear retouch if you accept the Equivalent Exchange. But the Sage and Seru path doesn’t give you the freedom. Mostly everyone who takes those devotions mandatorily takes the same route. I just meant this. I’m not trying to cover-up my theorycrafted build’s deficiencies by blaming the Seru or Sage, the build has already have more than one deficiencies. I just gaved an example.

One thing not mentioned is that Blind Sage is inherently biased towards fire. Taking the fire focused node is required to get the proc.

So I propose instead that one of the optional nodes gives +% elemental damage and the other +% elemental DoT damage and duration. The node below the sage’s neck can give something else, like total speed, phy res, etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.