Awesome Crucible

Bosses seem way too weak.

I want to see what build you are using if you think the bosses are “way” too weak. At one point i got sandwiched between an iron maiden and one other nemesis and dropped from 14k to 2k several times, barely got out with my ass intact.

Having a looot of fun with my blademaster making my way through challenger, gambling and enabling the extra spawn point makes things actually dicey at times. Farming the final 20 waves or whatever seems like a pretty good way to farm up Nemesis shoulders

Kythis probably isn’t referring to Nemesis, but the other bosses. A lot of the games bosses are hilariously n00b even wearing poop gear they have 0 chance of killing you. You see two bosses spawn omg and oh wait it’s just two fucking wasps :rolleyes: Would be cool if the lesser bosses actually posed a threat both here and in the main game. Though on the 2nd difficulty some of the Nemesis seems really really squishy vs my blademaster I must’ve dropped fabius in <1 second with a few crits lol, meanwhile Benn`Jarr the colossal noob still seems fairly tanky? =x

Some questions :

• If we die, the loot are worse, right ?
  • about the tower or buff we can add :
    • is there a description somewhere ?
    • when we install something, it’s only for the current game or for the character ?
    • can we change it after we set one ?

-Yes
-There is a description, check the game guide on Crate’s website
-See above
-Only for the current session afaik
-Nope, it says so in game

There’s one here
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/settings/crucible.php

What is the extra spawn point and how do you enable it? I am on challenger difficulty. Most difficult encounter by now was Loxemere and then 2x Valdaran.

Yeah I was slaughtering everything until the last wave which consisted in fighting Moosielauke and Iron Maiden at the same time. :eek:

Moosilauke can be a real pain depending on the arena, I think his ice crystal spawning ability should be toned down a bit in this mode.

I just think it’s too forgiving in multiplayer. When you die, you come back immediately in the next wave. It would be better if the dead needs to wait longer before they can fight again.

Take care of the defenses. Our tower started to attack us instead of the enemies. De had the ice tower full upgraded and we had to play in the right part of the map. We finally died.

There was another bug. The main door was opened during the combate, but there was an invisible wall. At the end, he told me game wad finished, but the invisible wall was still there. I tried to go back and get into but it was impossible. It is not the same bug we hace ingame with some doors.

Greetings

As far as I can tell, there’s literally no reason to build the damage towers anyway. They’re complete rubbish compared to Vanguard and the other buff one.

[e] An important side-note for anyone wondering: Tributes persist through difficulties so you could farm them in an easier mode to get a decent head-start in the next one.

Well after completing it on Aspirant here’s what I think:

Given that this was what I imagine to be the “Normal” version of the run (at least given by my extremely overcapped resists) I didn’t expect it to be that hard. Ramps up at waves 130+ though so I’m a bit hesitant to try out the next difficulty just yet.

While I did not die I am not a huge fan of not being able to re-enter if you do. I think this is fine for hardcore where you play that mode knowing you have one shot at everything but for softcore

With regards to towers I personally never saw much use in them. The problem is that I’m melee and want to engage the enemies as quickly as possible to maximize my score multiplier.

Sitting on a tower would be fine but Grim Dawn has no concept of line of sight. Blocking an enemies path with a tree or boulder means nothing because they see through the object, they just can’t shoot or move through it. This makes the offensive/defensive towers much more situational.

With this in mind my strategy going forward would be to rely more on the passive buffs you get and keep towers as a final “oh shit” button, at best using the fire/lightning towers since they don’t require me being in them. I haven’t tried a ranged class yet but imagine you would get more mileage since you can stand in a tower’s bubble and shoot people.

Overall I think it’s fun diversion from the normal gameplay but very, very long for what you ultimately get out of it. On Aspirant at least I didn’t find the rewards particularly worth it but I’m hoping that improves on the harder difficulties.

The ice one is very usefull. It can freeze packs of enemies meanwhile you are fighting in the other part. In addition, as a summoner, I don’t know if the tower witch empowers you is usefull. If it empowers my minions, in that case it’s usefull. The other one can heal, so it’s usefull always.

Greetings

PD: Again the game finish before I give up. We need to review that!

PD: Vanguard affects minions too.

Last night I quit after an hour of struggling :frowning:

If we die or for that matter if we quit after some waves, loots are terrible. I can get much better loot just killing random monster on main campaign.

I did the first difficulty with my Commando using 1h + shield using Cadence. Have around 44k dps and around 13k hp. OA and DA around 1750-1800. And each time either at wave 140 orso, thatr guy … of the immortal, just one shots me. My hp goes from full 13k to 0 within a second. i spend all my points to restart from a save point and i keep getting killed only by that guy. ;(

Zantai’s alter ego can be pretty ruthless apparently :rolleyes:

I forget the exact dialogue options, but speak to Lokkthar and you can say something like I think you can do better. Can also ask him to raise the stakes to start from wave XX and add the spawn point too. The extra spawn point makes it a lot more hectic. I was to tired last night mindlessly grinding this shit, but I think you had to get so far into it before the dialogue option would open up? May be wrong though, but I don’t recall seeing it off the bat

Made it to 130ish on challenger with the extra spawn point, but then Iron Maiden assblasted me :frowning:

I know there’s a evil Medierra but never knew about a evil Zantai :rolleyes:

Anyway in the waves below 135 orso he did’nt give to much trouble. I wonder how the other difficulties are.:eek:
I’m in full markovian set btw and Fabius, Anasteria etc. wasn’t something I could’nt handle.

Where are the Lokkar lore quotes. I haven’t seen them yet in Aspirant though.