B14 Change Log (v0.2.0.6 Update)

I was playing with my super tank Witchblade at level 25 with awesome gear. Kinda cheating but I don’t have time right now to level a completely new character and still get to see those monsters in action.

Oh! It’s time to make a new character! Thank you Crate!

My B13 character found 1 exalted chest while doing a quick Hallowed Hill run.

yeah the fire zombie soldiers are awesome, pretty hard hitting too if you let them.

Just wanted to report that my Burrwich Village / Outskirts crash on riftgating problem appears to be history. Much appreciated devs. Also thanks for adjusting the damage of some of the enemies. I actually found myself having to be a lot more cautious around a hero monster on my nightblade then usual. Felt a lot more balanced this time. Absolutely LOVING the NB btw.

so far level 10 on my pure soldier. Not one crash! It’s so much better playing knowing it won’t crash after using riftgate a number of times =DDDD

I also found this new type of chest… called Glorious Stash. it looked like a Heroic chest but was golden instead. not sure if maybe this was an area specific chest or not lol. didn’t get anything special though. loving B14

Edit: Also noticed my client says 2.0.5 but only showing info up to 2.0.4? What did 2.0.5 include? lol

We’re going to release them whenever they’re ready and don’t want to delay one for the other if they’re not ready at the same time. So, Act2 may come with MP or it may roll out before MP is ready.

Tech tasks like Multiplayer are tricky because, when we encounter problems, sometimes it is tough to predict whether they will take a couple days or a couple weeks to resolve. If you asked me in Sept, I’d have said MP would have been released by now. That said, we recently solved the biggest (at least I hope its the biggest) hurdle that we needed to overcome, so things should move a little faster now. :slight_smile:

Warden is much faster now! Especially with his range attack skill, the stomping could be a bit faster.

I have played 30 hours of high-damage, low resist, ~ 2.5 life melee chars in B13. Not a single death. Now, after B14, I ran into Abner on the way to the warden and died twice, the 2nd time even without being hit by anything melee, just standing on some stairs. Was some ranged/elemental attack buffed massively, or did I just never encounter that in the 30 hours running warden before?

edit: going back to pick up my corpse: He seems to cast a pretty fast, greenish/transparent cloud that hits me for about 1.6k damage.

^ looks like your gonna need to invest in some resist? lol

very cool, can’t wait for more. I took a little break from grim dawn, this is a great escuse to hop back on.

I assume he was very big when he cast the cloud? Fixed this for B15 so that only his physical damage increases when he grows, rather than the acid damage he dealt to you at range.

yep, he was in the bigger form.

Fixes are always great, but we’re all really waiting for content. Can you offer us any more specifics about timelines?

Like any idea what “soon” means in the above? Will we be seeing specifics about Act 2’s content in days, weeks, or months?

Same question for Act 2’s release date: Do you expect we’ll see that in days, weeks, or months?

The next Grim Misadventure, which should appear on the 11th, will contain more information about Act2 content.

We won’t give a specific date for Act2 release until we’re absolutely sure we know when it is going to happen. We’re currently aiming for mid-December but we’ll have a better idea as we get to the end of November.

We’re hoping to have all the content assembled in-game by the end of the month and then will be doing some preliminary testing to try to make sure there are no serious problems with the quests. Releasing new content is a little more tricky now that alpha is out since we don’t want to end up breaking everyone’s characters with quests bugs and what not. The quests in Act2 are more technically complex than most of those in Act1 as they can often be completed in different ways and have different outcomes, so they’ll need more rigorous testing.

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us, and I’m glad that you are sticking to not giving any timeline for the beta. Take your time and I hope that things will go smoothly when it comes to Act 2 and multiplayer.

I’m also glad to hear that we’ll get some more interesting quests in the future. I think the only quest in the Alpha that makes an actual difference is the Cultist quest in that you either get immediate access to DS with some exp or you get a lot of exp while having to farm for the key drop in order to gain access.

Good luck!

Aha, this indeed sounds very interesting and will add some more RPG flavor to Grim Dawn, I can’t wait ! :slight_smile: I personally hope there will be more exploring than in act 1…I also noticed a couple of broken/blocked bridges/paths in and around Burrwich, I wonder if those will get unlocked in the final game…

On a side note (might sound totally out of topic here), I’m wondering if you will release a Grim Misadventure (or an update) that will go over some “numbers”: how many copies have you sold so far, are the sales higher than what you were expecting, will the money that you guys made out with the sales allow you to hire more people, etc…
Now that a lot of backers have access to the alpha and are probably posting videos and streams here and there, chances are the word to mouth is starting to have an effect. And I love when indie developers talk about numbers (I still remember Frictional Games saying right after the release of Amnesia “will, it’s not selling that well” and some months latter “finally it sold better than expected!”).

Please read this…Grim Misadventure #30: Beyond Burrwitch

Just came here to say that Grim Dawn has actually been on Early Access for almost 2 weeks. I bought it and have been enjoying it thoroughly.

Odd, I don’t see it on Steam Early Access.