B14 Change Log (v0.2.0.6 Update)

Build 14 includes various fixes, balancing adjustments and the addition of a “classic” targeting scheme (can be disabled in game options) with target-lock that may be desirable for players who don’t like Grim Dawn’s auto-targeting, especially when playing ranged builds.

This is a somewhat light build since the majority of the team is focused on finishing the Act2 content, crafting and multiplayer, all of which have progressed significantly in the past month. We should be ready to share more about what’s included in Act2 soon.

Also, this may not be terribly exciting for people who are already playing but Grim Dawn will be appearing on Steam Early Access tomorrow, Nov 5th around 12pm! It is exciting for us though to finally see Grim Dawn appearing in an online store - makes things seem more real somehow… The Steam version will be a slight step down from Pioneer and not include all the extra perks available to those who purchased through our website. Please help us spread the word if you have any friends who might be interested in Grim Dawn but didn’t want to purchase through our website.

v0.2.0.0 (b14)

Tech:

• Default mouse control scheme changed to lock onto targets when attacking and moving.
  • Previous click and hold mouse control scheme is now available as an option (“Classic Targeting” = off).
  • Fixed a bug where attempting to move to the player location would result in strange movement.
  • Fixed a bug where characters with no specific death behavior would remain visible.
  • Fixed a bug where death effects were sometimes not played.
  • Fixed a bug where corpses would not dissolve when offscreen.
  • Fixed a bug where some buff effects would show a partial cooldown on their status icons.

Game:

• Loot drop rates have been adjusted to even out the distribution of powerful items. The intent is to have rare items dropping more consistently without creating all-or-nothing situations that leave some players feeling satisfied and others wishing for better drop rates.
  • 5 one-shot chests have been added to the world to encourage exploration.
  • Fixed an issue where Direni would stand idle for several seconds before attacking when players chose the hostile resolution.
  • Fixed an issue where Direni would transition to combat without preserving his original facing.
  • Fixed an issue with Poison and Bleed Duration Reduction attributes being incorrectly added to displayed resistance values or reseting the respective resistance to 0 (based on which item was equipped first).
  • Loot orbs can no longer be broken by monsters.
  • Occultist: Added -%physical damage to Curse of Frailty and -DA to Vulnerability.
  • Zombie Fire Soldiers - they exist…
  • Zombies should occasionally spawn in more fire / poison oriented packs
  • Reduced skill reclamation cost
  • Reduced time before animation interrupt is allowed on gun attacks to improve kiting responsiveness
  • Balancing adjustment to various enemies
  • Minor increase to breakable object (barrels, crates, etc) drop rates

v0.2.0.1 (b14)

Tech:

• Fixed a bug where some resource types were not unloaded correctly when no longer used.
  • Fixed a memory leak when loading navigation data.
  • New crash reporter.

v0.2.0.3 (b14)

Tech:

• Fixed a bug where proxies would always spawn the maximum number of monsters in their range.
  • Fixed an exploit involving item granted skills which allowed the skill cooldowns to be bypassed.

Game:

• Occultist: Small increase to top levels of Solael’s Witchfire damage
  • Demolition: Small increase to top levels of Firestrike
  • Nightblade: Pneumatic Burst pierce decreased to account for the increase in pierce bonus from Cunning.
  • Soldier: Reduced physical damage of Forcewave.
  • Reworked a buff on Viloth that wasn’t well telegraphed but giving him a significant boost in damage.
  • Armor physical damage absorption decreased for both players and enemies.
  • Enemy physical damage has been scaled down to compensate.
  • More health potions will drop in the first few levels to allow players to build a small stock at a time when the price of buying them is still prohibitive.
  • Probability to hit and OA / DA formulas, along with enemy attribute, OA and DA values have been adjusted again to smooth out some scaling issues.
  • The amount of OA/DA dervived from 1 point of Cun/Phy has been lowered from 0.66 to 0.5. This affects enemies as well as players, so it won’t mean a reduction in player effectiveness. It will increase the value of OA/DA gains from skills and gear.
  • Most importantly, we are pleased to announce what is perhaps the crowning feature in Grim Dawn: player long johns! You will now start with pants that you can remove to expose totally styling long johns. In all seriousness though, the main purpose of this was to provide starting leg armor to help reduce the early armor to damage curve.

v0.2.0.4 (b14)
Game:

• Bumped up loot drop rate across all enemies
  • Increased champion pool spawn rate to compensate for previous fix
  • Increased base physical damage to bring it back up a little from the previous reduction and added small chance for “extra hard” hits to make damage a little more dynamic.

v0.2.0.6 (b14)

Tech:

• Fixed a bug where components could be applied to the wrong weapon when applying them while dual wielding.
  • Fixed a bug where notes would be unreadable at low resolutions.
  • Fixed a windows xp incompatability issue.

Game:

• Cleaned up characater stats UI display.
  • Slightly increased the period quest reward notifications remain on screen.
  • Increased enemy base phyiscal damage, primarily at higher levels
  • Soldier: Increased %weapon but decreased physical damage on Forcewave to provide better long-term scaling while reducing the power of maxing it out early.
  • Fixed the Warden’s aether trap skill
  • Added new lore items: Creed’s journal entries 3 and 4, and Alister’s Diary. More to come…

Sweet! Can’t wait to test it out! :slight_smile:

Best. Day. Ever.

Especially if this stops the Burrwich Village / Outskirts crashing on riftgating. I was getting quite frustrated having to rediscover areas of the map I had already been to several times (I have OCD about exploring every nook and cranny).

Now if we can just figure out how to keep the smuggler from filching the stuff in my character stashes…

I had exited the game directly after clearing the DS rather then returning to town first. When I loaded back in, three-quarters of my character’s stash (not the shared stash just the character) was gone. I lost over 60+ scrap and crystals and many common and rare components that were in various stages of completion. Needless to say I was most disheartened and swore vengeance upon the smuggler. Keep an eye on my things indeed. :furious:

On a side note, any word on when we’re getting a level cap raise? I’ve been going back to TQ:IT lately to keep my fix going.

Still downloading…

It`s really cool that GD is gonna be on the Steam Early Access! The more exposure to the game the better and Steam is a good platform for that!

Is DS part of those first few levels? I got a lot in there now. Only one run though but the difference between what I usually have gotten seems to big for pure RNG.

They are called Exalted Chests, right? Two chests, two epics :slight_smile: Great update!

with respect, its a bit early to be putting it on steam. Its not really in a condition where it can take advantage of that brief extra market exposure

The earlier the better, tons of people only want to buy from Steam now. And GD is very polished for an alpha indie game, it wont generate bad press.

Also in time to participate in the Autumn/Winter sales. Any chance we’ll be seeing some discounts on the upgrade options? :slight_smile:

Why do think it’s not ready for Steam Early Access? It has a ton of content for an alpha, it’s extremely fun, the latest build is highly stable and about the only real thing it’s lacking is multiplayer.

Does that mean that Act 2 will come with multiplayer? :smiley:

OMG I CAN’T WAIT FOR ACT 2 / MULTIPLAYER!!! I’M GONNA LOSE MY MIND I’M SO FREAKING STOKED, I’M FLABBERGASTED, I’M LITERATELY GOING INSANEEEEE!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steam is cluttered with so many garbage early access games right now, Grim Dawn is so far ahead in terms of quality. Quiet a bit of content as well for this stage in development too!

Plus if they sell more copies, Crate could possibly hire some new peeps which could hasten the development!

Woot! I hope you sell a bajillion copies on Early Access (then a bajillion more when fully released). I’ll spread the word once I see it actually appear on Steam, I’m assuming that will be 1 PM EDT, so in about an hour.

Woo hoo! Can’t wait to test!

good to know we’re getting closer to act 2, really impatient to test it :wink:

and for the exalted chests (nice idea too) : do they appear randomly ? can you access it with a character created before b14 ?

thank you !

can we get this update now? I wasn’t sure lol

Edit: seems people saying they updated? mine won’t show an update. Not sure where to find it ^^;

Edit2: disregard lool steam just started updating it now. WOOHOO gonna make a new char for b14 :slight_smile: … bye bye my awesome 469 DPS blademaster ;_;

Awesome update and I’m glad to hear about the progression of Act 2.

I can’t wait for the next GD Misadventures.

Edit: Also noticed a few changes to item skill affixes :slight_smile:

Edit 2:

Just saw a few of the fire soldiers and they look sick with their fire breathing attack! Awesome work!

With the success to be from steam, I hope you guys gain more income and support to hire more staff which in turn will help out with more content and bug crushing!

It’s a win win for developers and players :stuck_out_tongue:

You say that now. Just wait until 3 of them hit you with that fire breath at once. lol