B14 Change Log (v0.2.0.6 Update)

Me either.

achmetha, did you buy it on Steam or from the Humble Store and just activate it on Steam?

I thought something was odd with the controls :rolleyes:

And when wild Zombie Fire Soldier appeared, I knew something was up :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to MP mostly, but all updates are exciting!

Thanks, Crate!

Thank you for the update. Congrats on the Steam Release.

Yess! The new control scheme with the mouse greatly improves tense boss fights where control over your movements matters a lot. Also the improved loot drops is great.

[/li]
I stumbled across one, did not open it right away and when I later returned it was gone - never opened it… seems like you have one shot at opening it… will it spawn again later / someplace else ?

Thank you for classic moving scheme being made available, I know alot of people preferred the new more easy on the click system, but classic mode just makes sense to me. :slight_smile:

Very sorry to hear about that loss… that’s really frustrating. :o

But at the same time, I mean, common man, you trusted your gear to some guy who openly calls himself a smuggler? :wink:

Omg, new feature - there is a % chance your loot will get stolen when you try to transfer it but paying more money can help ensure safe deliver… I’m certain everyone will love it!

Level cap will be raised when we release Act2.

Good patch (love the option to use the mouse old style!) and great news about what we might expect in December, thanks guys!

i love it already!!! This is like a RL simulator! Where some asshole is always looking for ways to gouge you… evil medierra you are i diabolical genius. :smiley:

It seems you fell into our “this will probably never happen” scenario of someone seeing a one-shot chest but not opening it. Which raises the question - why would you not open it right away? :stuck_out_tongue:

Curse you, Crate. Now I have to wait a few days because I have an essay to write. The desire to play will be the death of me. :mad:

That would actually might be rather interesting if you also added a “Smuggler’s Den” sort of basement or cave setting somewhere in each of the hub areas. You could follow the smuggler through a series of deviously trapped and brigand filled paths and uncover a whole network of the thieving bastards who are stockpiling loot in hopes that they’ll get a chance to profit from it “once the war is over”. After a pitched battle you finally recover your stolen goods and even lay claim to treasures lost by other even less fortunate souls (by which I mean they’re dead). Or you could spare them in exchange for a hefty sum. 'Cause I sure wanted to gut that SOB after losing my stuff lol.

Sweet! :smiley: Off to explore…

Really? Because that Ascended reanimator - can’t remember his name, the standard mini-boss just before the Warden - his deathsplosion just broke his own loot orb in my B14 game.

Then main reason for not opening them when you see them is character level effects chance for a good epic drop.

I don’t want to waste the chance on a handful of double affix yellows if I find one under leveled to get a blue drop out of it.

So now I will have to steer clear of the places where i know they are until I am leveled up enough to use them to their best potential.

I was kinda busy fighting off a large group and then pressed on, as I knew I was moving into a dead end, so would have to come back the same way. Won’t happen again :wink:

This should fix some of the launch errors and includes a few other changes. I also added it to the first post.

v0.2.0.6 (b14)

Tech:

• Fixed a bug where components could be applied to the wrong weapon when applying them while dual wielding.
  • Fixed a bug where notes would be unreadable at low resolutions.
  • Fixed a Windows XP incompatibility issue.

Game:

• Cleaned up character stats UI display.
  • Slightly increased the period quest reward notifications remain on screen.
  • Increased enemy base phyiscal damage, primarily at higher levels
  • Soldier: Increased %weapon but decreased physical damage on Forcewave to provide better long-term scaling while reducing the power of maxing it out early.
  • Fixed the Warden’s aether trap skill
  • Added new lore items: Creed’s journal entries 3 and 4, and Alister’s Diary. More to come…

Nice job guys! Thank you!

This should make his fight much better :slight_smile:

Awesome! I love collecting the lore notes and reading about the events which transpired in Cairn, sadly I can’t say I love those notes taking up precious inventory space. Is there any plans to implement a codex system (a la Dragon Age or Mass Effect) into the game so a collected page unlocks an entry rather than taking up a valuable inventory slot? Also once an entry is unlocked could it stop these notes from reappearing in the game?