B17 - Hotfix v0.2.3.4 (Changelog)

v0.2.3.4 (b17 - Hotfix)

Art:

• New Nightblade “Lethal Gambit” skill animation
  • New Nightblade “Blade Barrier” skill animation
  • Vulture now have a new “Vomit” skill and animation.

Tech:

• Fixed a pathing bug where opening doors which made them impassible.
  • Fixed a bug where doors could sometimes be used at too large a range.
  • Fixed a locale bug when using localization string recapitalization.
  • Fixed a bug where skills could experience an excessive delay when firing.
  • Weapon based attack skills (Lethal Gambit/etc) now use the default weapon attack when cooling down.
  • Fixed a bug where RMB assigned skills could be re-fired when performing other actions.
  • Fixed a bug where objects with attached fx would disappear on the edges of the player view frustum.
  • Fixed a bug where ranged weapon hits were causing weak physics behavior.
    [li]Added dutch font set (fonts=NL).[/li]Removed “item comparison” option (now always shown).
  • Added “auto item tooltips” option. Enables automatically showing item tooltips for in world items.
  • Removed show loot/filter broken keybind.
  • Added show item tooltips keybind.
  • NPC Dialog sounds now use the dialog volume level rather than soundfx volume.
  • Friendly pets are no longer targetable when not using the target pet keybind.
  • Fixed a bug where npc merchants could generate the same items.
  • Fixed a bug where destructibles would drop unseeded items.
  • Fixed an issue with one-shot chests that would cause them not to drop a guaranteed Epic (this issue was new in the 30+ level range)

Game:

• Updated epic item loot tables. The level range scaled poorly into the 40’s, resulting in level 20 epics dropping from level 45 monsters.
  • Updated spirit requirements on rings and necklaces, reducing them by 20-30%, particularly at higher levels.
  • Percent Physique, Cunning, Spirit, Offensive Ability and Defensive Ability bonuses on gear have been reduced.
  • Absolute Offensive Ability and Defensive Ability on gear has been rebalanced. This primarily affects equipment of level 25 and above.
  • Removed Offensive Ability affixes from Shield loot tables. With the exception of some uniques, shields will no longer generate Offensive Ability in their stats. This change is Not retroactive and only affects drops in B17 and beyond.
  • Soldier: Increased %physical dmg on Decorated Soldier, while reducing %total damage on Squad Tactics.
  • Demolitionist: Fixed an issue with Flashbang’s Searing Light not working. The fumble component of the skill was rebalanced now that it actually works.
  • Occultist: Hellhound’s Hellfire Aura is now a radius buff with +%fire, +%burn and fire retaliation.
  • Experience formula that determines how much experience is gained from killing enemies has been adjusted to slow down leveling. Based on the results, further adjustment may be required. This change shouldn’t affect current character levels.
  • Fixed an imbalance in the Regenerator hero archetype which caused it to regenerate too fast for most builds to handle.
  • Fixed an issue with the Sunken Reliquary where the boss room was inaccessible.
  • Fixed an issue with the Magistrate’s Censor skill Fear not working and updates the skill’s stats/name

first! awesome update.

Coolyoolio :slight_smile:

:cry:

people are probably leveling too fast because they have over powered gear

“Enemies in the 20+ range got a slight health and basic physical damage boost.”

YESS MONSTA BUFF! Just what I wanted =D

“Fixed a bug where npc merchants could generate the same items.”

Finally! :slight_smile: I hated when I would be out for 20 min return to town and merchants had same items for sale still I was always like this can’t be right lol.

“Fixed an issue with the Sunken Reliquary where the boss room was inaccessible.”

Awesome! Time to go hunt this guy down in my farm routes now!

Thanks very much for this awesome update team!

The XP curve was shifted too much with Act II’s release. It will likely require more tuning in the near future.

no it seriously was to fast. I want to try out this new levelling speed but I think I will hold off. I do plan to make a brand new build, no more blademaster. something else :slight_smile:

Exactly why I plan to hold off. Incase its changed to make it even slower lol. I want a good grind to lv35 :slight_smile:

+1 vomiting vultures

I’d agree the leveling was to fast I ended up going from 25-35 before I had half of the Act II quests completed

Hmm, some nice changes in here, kinda sad bout the nerfs cos i never like seeing my numbers go down, but I can understand that they are needed, overall a really nice patch, even if it left me a little sad :slight_smile:

My nightblade plays so much smoother now, love it! :slight_smile:

Reminds me of the vomiting Halosian/Skeksis on Farscape :slight_smile:

Removed a couple bullet points that apparently didn’t quite make this build. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok XP was a bit fast I’ll give you that. hope you guys didnt overdo it :slight_smile:

Well there is time to fix that too.

Good luck with that gaem maeking doods

I kinda hope they did haha. Until later levels were released ofcourse ^^

I have the feeling that it has become noticeably more difficult. Devs should keep in mind that not every player is willing to grind for the perfect equip, thus the difficulty should be adjusted to allow a convenient experience for average players.

XP curve was good for me though, I like to have a fluent progression. I think the rhythm of level ups was quite motivating in the initial B17 release.

Changes ain’t fatal and can be slightned by completion bonuses of materials, so everything’s ok, but few items were brought to the ground like Warp Shard too heavily. Now mine (in my collection) has +1% stats =) Oh wait got a better one - right away. No questions - it’s okay now. =)

Unseeded from destructibles, so if I got them from chests or bosses/heroes that would not be fixed ?

I like the update to the epic drop levels :smiley:

More difficult from B16 to B17 ? Didn’t really notice much there.

You also don’t need to grind for anything just yet, my self-found chars don’t have much difficulty either.

I dont think the game is very difficult at all atm, most self found builds I have done can walk through the game without to much difficulty, I think it will/should stay this way because we have to remember we are only on the first difficulty atm