B27 Hotfix 1

v0.3.5.6 (b27 Hotfix 1)

Some significant changes to enemy balance on veteran and to a lesser extent for normal. The result is that early game shouldn’t feel too much different but difficulty should ramp up more at higher levels.

[Animation]

• Fixed a bug where female player characters equipped with a ranged weapon and offhand, for all classes, would lose sight graphically of the offhand after casting a spell.

[Tech]

• Fixed Percent Damage Converted To Health being included in DPS calculations
  • Calculated skill damage on tooltips now includes chance based damage modifiers
  • Fixed calculated retaliation damage on skill tooltips using incorrect damage modifiers
  • Fixed pet attributes on tooltips from pets spawned from items not being updated correctly
  • Fixed missing +Shaman skills count on second char stats tab.

[Game]

• Enemy physical damage range slightly increased on all difficulties
  • Enemy damage increased on veteran
  • Health potions adjusted. Now 25% of max life healed instantly with 50% of max life returned over a short duration.
  • Reduced the amount of projectiles fired by Zantarin the Immortal’s basic attack and increased the delay between Revenant summons

[Itemization]

• Fixed the missing granted skill on Soulthief
  • Increased % Conversion on two-handed weapon Prefixes and Epics
  • MI Weapon base damage updated to be 30% magic and 70% physical. Base Conversion on MI Weapons reduced to compensate for this change (no impact on affixes rolled on MI Weapons, or attached Components). Net result is that MI weapons do more magic damage than before.
  • Added a new Epic level 50 mace to support Coldburn melee builds
  • Epics: reduced % Conversion on one-handed Epic weapons to 15% from 20%, to match Rare Prefixes
  • Epics: increased % Damage Converted to Health on select Epics: Boneshard Lacerator, Chains of Anguish, Doomsaw of Gluttony, Gorefeast, Scythe of Tenebris, Thirsting Maw, Warp Shard
  • Epic - Frigid Barrel of the Relentless North: base damage updated to deal significant coldburn damage instead of physical. Conversion from Physical to Cold removed
  • Epic - Hellmaw Shotgun: added base Fire damage, but reduced % Conversion
  • Epic - Stormcaller’s Spellblade: replaced % Energy Absorbed with % Electrocute damage, reduced % Lightning damage
  • Prefix - Vampiric: increased % Damage Converted to Health, but made it a chance effect
  • Rare Prefix - Bloodthirsty: increased % Damage Converted to Health, but made it a chance effect
  • Rare Suffix - Arcane Lore: replaced Requirement reduction with Elemental Resist
  • Component - Haunted Steel: increased % Damage Converted to Health to 8%, but reduced % Vitality damage and removed % Energy
  • Component - Hollowed Fang: increased % Vitality Damage to 25%, but reduced % Damage Converted to Health to 4%
  • Relic - Conflagration: increased the energy cost of the skill to more closely match the output-to-energy cost ratio of Aether Ray. Conflagration is still more efficient energy-wise.

[Class & Skills]

• Fixed an issue with Conversion on buff skills not being properly applied. (Ex. Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Stormcaller’s Pact)

Soldier

• Military Conditioning: reverted the addition of flat Physical damage
  • Cadence: reduced % Weapon damage and flat Physical damage scaling with rank
  • Fighting Spirit: reworked with shorter duration / cooldown and more scaling of bonuses. % Physical damage replaced with % Total damage.
  • Menhir’s Will: % Health restored starts lower but scales up faster in early ranks to same cap
  • Cadence: No longer costs extra mana when a hit that does not result in a charge occurs.

Demolitionist

• Fixed an issue with Ulzuin’s Chosen not affecting Grenado
  • Mortar Trap: added a summon limit. The lack of a summon limit was actually unintended as its damage was not balanced around having multiple of them out at the same time, but an increase to the summon limit was added at Ultimate Ranks as a bonus for focusing on such a playstyle.
  • Heavy Ordnance: reduced stun duration to 1s from 1.5s
  • Skyfire Grenado: increased Conversion to 50%

Occultist

• Solael’s Witchfire: added Conversion to Chaos, scaling to 15% at rank 12
  • Sigil of Consumption: % Damage Converted to Health now scales from 15% to 30%, scaling up to 33% at ultimate ranks, as opposed to the prior flat 25%
  • Destruction: changes reverted, % Vitality damage removed and fire damage restored. I had somehow gotten the notion that people found the fire damage pointless but, based on the reaction to it’s removal, I’m glad to see it was serving its purpose and it has been restored.

Nightblade

• Blade Spirit: slightly reduced starting damage and damage scaling with rank

Arcanist

• Removed the Critical Damage bonus from Aether Ray. It was moved to Disintegration, but never properly removed from the base skill.
  • Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange: reduced Conversion scaling with rank to 25% at rank 12, scaling up to 30% at ultimate rank.
  • Maiven’s Sphere of Protection: Conversion to Physical now starts at 30% and scales down to 15% by rank 12, to 10% by max ultimate rank
  • Manifestation: now also grants 10/20/30% Conversion to Elemental for Pets

Shaman

• Devouring Swarm: % Damage Converted to Health now scales with rank, reduced energy cost
  • Devouring Swarm: can now be cast repeatedly by holding down the appropriate button or key.
  • The Briarthorn now correctly casts Emboldening Roar. Added an FX to the skill and its buff.
  • Savagery: slightly reduced % Weapon damage
  • Storm Touched: reduced % Attack Speed, % Lightning and Electrocute damage scaling with rank
  • Squall: now deals Electrocute damage instead of Lightning damage
  • Maelstrom: shifted more of the Lightning damage to Electrocute damage. Reduced number of targets hit with rank.
  • Torrent: slightly reduced the jump range of Torrent’s Chain Lightning. Starting max damage and damage scaling with rank slightly reduced.
  • Primal Spirit: increased damage and health scaling with rank
  • Stormcaller’s Pact: reduced Conversion to Lightning to 15% and removed flat Lightning damage
  • Wendigo Totem: slightly reduced healing with rank
  • Feral Hunger: % Weapon damage and % Damage Converted to Health start lower, but scale up quickly back to the original values within the first few ranks of the skill
  • Primal Strike: no longer incorrectly charges double mana cost.
  • Torrent: now correctly shows number of targets hit on the tooltip for the next skill level.

Attachment: Chillsteel Redeemer.jpg

My conjurer is a bit sad to see the +% Vitality damage go away from Destruction, but overall the patch looks good.

Thanks!

Just in time for me to pack up my computer… >_>

Edit:

>Devouring Swarm not nerfed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Only can try out when reach home later…
Thanks for the hotfix.

Shhhh leave it alone :stuck_out_tongue:

10x for the update!

If anyone mentioned it being OP before, we missed it but thanks, we’ll take a look at it for the next patch. :smiley:

What was the rationale behind the removal of flat lightning damage from Stormcaller’s Pact? That skill has lost so much appeal to me now.

Damn, so many changes on a single hotfix…

Not really pleased with some, but will work around it :slight_smile:

Maiven’s sphere’s conversion is scaling to 20% at rank 12.

A Conjurer that uses Sigil for Vitality damage instead of totems, is not a true Conjurer :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t like the changes to vampiric and bloodthirsty. I generally dislike the idea of something sustaining to be chance based. I prefer a little lower but steady.

And I found something strange in Maiven’s Sphere already: Conversion to Physical starts at 20% and stays that way to rank 13. Only things changing are energy cost, damage absorbtion and -% total damage. Is that a tooltip-bug or did someone miss a memo?

is it really a hotfix when it adds new items and makes balance changes and released after a week from previous patch?

lol, I lost around 1400 DPS on my Warder… I guess the Shaman was indeed imbalanced.

I’m feeling a bit sad and happy here :slight_smile: :frowning:

Holy moly, that was a bit harsh to Shaman.
Wind devil is now much harder to use for a PS build and Stormcaller’s pact is now A LOT less attractive. The conversion I kind of see, but I really liked the flat damage on it. Powerful, but you’d expect something like that from a “ultimate” abillity.
I probably wouldn’t go 50 into shaman now with my PS Character.
Seems I have to remake him now. D:

Also:
>No nerfs to CoF
Still being the single best support skill in the game, like a baws. :cool:

Yeah, the one nerf that i’m annoyed about is Stormcaller’s Pact. It was a huge pull for 50 points of investment. Now I don’t really care about it.

My thought exactly… The only reason I went to 50/50 for the Shaman was because of the strong buff from Stormcaller’s, skipping Squad Tactics for the Total Damage bonus just for it, but now, I feel like I wasted a lot of points for a mediocre skill… Oh well… shit happens. :undecided:

You had to listen to that whinny b… Grohuf, didn’t you…

Meanwhile, Olexra’s Trash Freeze is kept as a garbage skill that handfew of 10 or so players uses… meh.

Maybe, but the flat damage was indeed unnecessary.

Sad to hear about the storm pact nerf as that was literally the only reason I ever went into shaman tree. Goodbye lightning & cold phantasmal blades.