B27 Hotfix 1

R.I.P. Storm Pact. What’s the rational with the substantial (35-50%) nerf? Why release it the way it was if you were incorrect by THAT much?

A true Conjurer uses both ;).

Actually grohuf wasn’t the only 1 to complain. Military conditioning was OP as fuck

Agreed. /10char

Oof. My Druid felt a little OP, but this knocked off like ~500 DPS for Primal Strike build. Not sure what the point of Stormcaller’s Pact is now…

After further testing it, I can say that Stormcaller’s Pact is very underwhelming now…

Maybe if you make it add a % Lightning Damage bonus to it together with the other bonuses, then the skill will be worth the investment.

Was hoping to see some crash issues addressed but still happy any time fixes go through. Keep up the good work as we’re all looking forward to what’s to come!

I fully expected MC to have the damage removed.

I did not, however, expect Stormcaller’s to be “fixed” with the nerfhammer.

Conversion changes also had me running to check on my DW Saboteur, thankfully, Solar Edge seems to have kept its up to 25% conversion.

The rest of the changes, I don’t really have an opinion on yet.

“Fixed” is putting it lightly, it got pretty well squashed. Seems like a bit much after only a week if the original skill was presumably play-tested before release. The conversion nerf especially seems odd considering 2H builds have a lot harder time getting conversion over DW.

Hmm… well with my level 48 Druid pre-hotfix I was getting up to about 21k dps with max Savagery stacks. Now I’m getting a little over 14k with the same gear (at a quick glance probably due to the 5% attack speed loss from Storm Touched and the flat damage loss from Storm Pact). I suppose these changes were necessary, as it was way too easy to get high damage before (still kind of is with this setup), so I can definitely see why Crate decided to bring some of these skills back down to Earth.

However, with the loss of flat damage on Storm Pact, I would like to see another offensive stat added to it that makes it more worthy of the mastery investment. I’m thinking either attack/total speed and/or %OA.

For Savagery, Primal Bond is a no brainer now unless you went full spirit, if you did I’m very sorry. I was hoping Storm Pact would become the model (it was the most interesting one to me) for level 50 skills and they would nerf some other aspect of the Savagery build but I guess they’ll just nerf both.

Wow… I was literally one level away from trying out storm pack with my dual pistol savagery druid build. guess primal bond it is! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not 100% true. Stormcaller’s grants a 50% Crit damage bonus and 33% chance of 302% Lightning damage at 12/12, which helps a lot if you’re aphysical/lightning damage dealer and Primal Bond is good is you’re geared mostly for physical and Bleed damage.

The issue is that the skill has lost a lot of it’s buffs for melee oriented builds… I know, because I’ve switched to Primal and barely noticed any drastic changes to my melee/lightning Warder (in fact, I got a slight reduction in DPS by going from Stormcaller’s to Primal).

Now I’m somewhat unsure if Stormcaller was indeed TOO good to remain how it was prior the hotfix, or if it’s now on par with Primal Bond…

I think is quite a drastic change IMHO would suit better to have 50% healed instantly with remaining 50% as a HoT.

For Shaman still very disappointed the totems still have a small range in which they can be placed. The range in which you can place the totems should be doubled.

What averages to be 100% lightning damage isn’t that helpful unless you’re spirit/lightning based which I said before. The crit is nice but it only makes up the damage loss due to conversion. My pure cunning Savagery had a 1000 dps increase going from post-nerf Storm Pact to Primal Bond, post-nerf Storm Pact is a slight paper dps loss by applying the buff which is kind of funny.

Love the Old Sigil back, my Pyromancer works again :):):):):):):):):):slight_smile:

My Soldier is kinda odd now, a DPS drop about ~500 DPS cause of Cadence and Military C. nerf…

on the other hand making Veteran more diffcult … and nerfing potions

i was able to compete with nightblade builds, now i can’t compete with any build anymore

R.I.P Soldier

Then that’s why Primal is a better option for you now. Even though I’m a Phys/Cunning hybrid myself mostly, as I do have some relatively high Spirit from gear, this is probably why I didn’t felt much of a change on my side when I removed Stormcaller and went to Primal Bond.

For me, the change had a huge impact at first with the damage loss, but I’m somewhat feeling it now that this change wasn’t that bad, as I think they more like “adjusted” the skill rather than nerfing it, encouraging certain people like you, who went for a more physical damage based build, to go for Primal Bond instead.

Was the heavy nerf to stormcaller’s pact really that necessary? It really weakened my ranged druid build :cry::cry::cry:

Eh, either way it was a pretty heavy nerf, heavier as you get more spirit. 10% conversion and a lot of flat lightning lost is bad times. Seems like someone at QA really screwed up if it needed THIS much of a nerf after only a week after releasing it.