B29 Hotfix 3 (v0.3.7.2)

Old stashes still work

True, this is a major bug, I still have plenty of items in such stashes…

Will have to roll back to an earlier GD version and convert them first it seems

B29 Hotfix 2 is the last one that worked right? :eek:

I restored my save files from B18, and I can verify that there is an issue with the transfer stash file not being read properly as when I go to the stash it only has the character’s items, none in the transfer portion.

In order to get the characters to show up, you need to create a main directory under the \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save folder and copy all of your character directories from \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\SaveData folder.

Then your characters will show up in the character selection screen.

No, this game is pretty CPU heavy. With my specs below (heavily OC’d CPU and decent OC’d GPU) my game still stutters in some spots. If it was my GPU, I’d really hate to see what this game is like for people with older hardware.

yes, that still worked

Excellent :smiley: all is not lost after all!

Just tested, going from (any version) >>> (v0.3.7.0) >>> (v0.3.7.2)

Works perfectly!

If crate really hates old items and files can they just announce a full stash and character wipe already :furious:

Interesting, I get a smooth 60fps.

Mine is a 4790K (not overclocked, 4ghz 4.4 turbo) with a GTX 970.

My memory is much faster though (16GB of 2400 cl 10 [the same cl is better at higher speeds, 2400 cl 10 is 8.3 ns, vs 13.75 at 1600 cl 11]), and I have a 1TB samsung SSD.

That implies it is memory bound (which still shows up as CPU in the task manager), or is hitting the hard drive.

I have Steam on a 256GB Samsung SSD. I find it odd that this game would stutter in some places for me while games like Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, and The Witcher 3 run flawlessly at ultra settings at 1440p.

Just tested it earlier and I was dipping down into the low 50s and high 40s at the top of Fort Ikon.

Nothing about the constant crashes in Main Menu screen?
about 1/3rd of the time I go to the main menu it freezes and I have to kill the process through the taskmanager.
It’s starting to get really annoying. D:
I suspect it’s a problem with loading a character modell somehow, since it always freezes when selecting a character.

That’s nothing to do with your CPU, purely a gpu issue. im running a 3770k, it’s about 10-15% faster than 2600k, and during gameplay it sits at around 17% load, the rest sits with the gpu. A 2600k won’t use much more of its power to run this game

Thanks, I’m one of the several dudes who lost all the items in the transfer stash XD

The shared stash fix did not work! I lost my shared stash a few hours ago. Please fix this.

Not really, as nothing is on a central server, they cannot actually wipe anything…

I am back on B29,HF2 (still had that on another PC), disabled updates in Steam (as far as possible) and put it into offline mode, so for now I stay on that build level :wink:

We’ve said in the past that you should load characters from time to time as the game is updated to avoid such problems.

I run a 2600K and don’t have any issues. Sure, I may only get 40-50 FPS, but that’s plenty playable.

That is an aggregate load on all cores, if you want see whether the game performance is cpu bound or not you must observe cpu load for each core separately. Good way to observe this to use RivaTuner statistics server on screen display.

I am running on stock 3770k as well and I can clearly see that any larger fight or spawn leads to 100% load on one core and fps goes down immediately, yet aggregate cpu load never exceeds 30%.
Gpu load almost never exceeds 50% on my trusty 970.

So yes, people saying that the game performace is cpu bound are not talking out their ass.

Those cpus must suck then because I don’t have any issues with mine reaching 100% on any one core ever. I don’t have a new cpu either it’s an older 6 core amd from the very first batch they released. I think the highest core use was about 70% maybe 80% the exception being when I enter a game for the first time and then I see 95% to 100% on the first core.

The thing is this game runs relatively the same across a really large variety of hardware. I have run the game on plenty of different setups now everything from older laptops which no do not run this very well to desktops with very poor graphics cards in them which actually do very well surprisingly.

I don’t know what the actual issue is but I don’t think this is a matter of the game simply being cpu or gpu intensive. If that were true then some of the hardware I have used to run this would have stood no chance in hell.

Well this cpu doesn’t suck at all :). I run the game at 2560x1600 and max settings since b17 and I get 60fps most of the time. It is just that in some fights and some locations (like fort Ikon hub, overlooking aetherial infested courtyard) that game maxes out single core and performance tanks immediately.

Conclusion is still the same - game is still cpu bound. That does not mean performance sucks, quite the opposite, its gotten better thanks to last optimization pass.

I don’t know if rivatuner works with amd gpu, but I would recommend that anyone interested install msi afterburner, enables log to file and osd, and tests this for himself.

Edit: I personally suspect that aura buffs on large spawns are what brings down the performace. No way to test this though.

I have 2 pc one with 8320 at 4.3ghz and on 2500k at 4,4ghz in the amd in big fights always on-80%- 100% and in the 2500k about 70-80% and both of my pc are faster than your phenom 1090t. i play on max details on both (290 -760)The game is very cpu heavy i hope by the time of release they would have fix this .(win 10 on both)