B29 Hotfix 3 (v0.3.7.2)

Try out something new: disable gore!

Sooo much fun watching monster flying around~

Lol I’m doing this too. Probably will continue to do it until everything is confirmed. Gj devs on quick fix.

Agreed, I just found it odd to happen unannounced and in a small hotfix.

I stay on hotfix 2 for now, mostly because of my tool. As it can only write the old format I need GD to support that for testing :wink:

its a old engine while tweaked these type of engines cant do better.
need dx12 to remove the cpu bottleneck.
1440p and a single card 390 and a 4.2ghz 4670k its flawless even with 4 players in performance.
crate did good job on this.

I have an i5 6600K overclocked at 4.4 GHz and this game pushes the CPU more than any of my other games, including Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Ark: Survival Evolved, Kerbal Space Program and more.

I get excellent FPS in GD, the Steam overlay usually shows between 150-200 FPS at 2560x1440 resolution, but I have to keep an eye on the core temps for the CPU as they get hotter with this game than any other one I’ve tried so far on this PC.

So yeah, there is a heavy CPU usage going on in GD for sure. I hope some of that can be optimized for more efficient performance.

I’m surprised you guys are getting performance that good. I’m running at 1080p with a 4670k @4GHz and a GTX 970. I rarely drop below 60 fps in singleplayer but big fights regularly have me dropping into the 30’s in a 2 player game. The host has a 2500k with a GTX 970 running at 1440p and his framerate is always around 30% lower than mine. Overall performance in multiplayer is often 50% lower than singleplayer, no matter what’s going on, even just sitting in town.

The optimization is clearly wanted to happen. I play at [i], and I get ABYSMAL framerate on the clear landscape, supposedly even lower than 20. Kinda hard to play smoothly, especially knowing that Titan Quest shows good 50+ FPS with settings similar to listed above.

My laptop, which is [i], runs the game almost perfectly with the exception of some VERY intense fights, where FPS drops to slideshow-like numbers until I run away far enough.

I use a 4790k at 4.8ghz, and two 980 ti’s using the Titan Quest SLI flag running at 3440x1440. The game is awesome in 21:9, and it does run at a nice 80-100 fps for the most part, but can often sink down to 35 fps or so when there are a lot of corpses, and fighting going on in multiplayer or at Fort Ikon and a few other places. While this happens, one core on my CPU is maxed. I have also have the loot stutter, but don’t want to turn of Steam cloud.

Definitely hoping for a big optimization pass before release.

Same problem I have… usually it runs at 60 - 70 fps, but sometimes I get horrible lags with maxed out CPU core on my 4790 and I always have loot stuttering.

I have a i7 4790, 8 Gigs of RAM and a Nvidia GTX 760

I’ve got the same processor running stock speeds and also have SLI 980 TIs (factory OC’d). At 1440p the I will get 140+ fps at times, maybe 70-80 with a larger fight on the screen, but then my fps can tank into the 30s and 40s when there’s a gigantic group of enemies.

I’ve tried adjusting various video settings in both the Nvidia control panel and in the game menu. This seems to do little to nothing. Which leads me to believe my performance bottleneck is the CPU. I’ll have to try the Titan Quest SLI profile and see if that does anything.

I too am hoping for a bit of a performance increase at release.

I’ve been jumping back and forth between using the TQ sli flag and using just one gpu, and while sli does bring a performance increase, it seems to have worse fps drops than just one card.

Perhaps a proper sli profile will be released one day as well.

Had a friend lose his stash, glad to see devs working on it quickly

Sup guys, I’ve been playing GD for over 100hours and counting and just wanted to share a few tips to increase the in game performance.

1. Unpark your cpu cores (in windows 7). Please do google search for details as I couldnt post a link when posting this on my phone. Its a very easy process by tweaking your registry.

2. Download the free Windows Free Repair and make a proper fix run.

3. Remove and do a fresh VGA installation if needed.

4. Disable in-game Cloud save option. This one is mandantory to completely fix the micro stutter when picking up items because when you pick up new stuff it will make an updated files of your inventory and stashes and immedietly uploaded to the Cloud. If you turn it off then the process is involved only writing new files to your hdd/sdd therefore no hiccups anymore. Make sure to set up /nocommit in launch setting of the game as well.

5. Download FRAPS and run it on background when playing. This one is quite weird actually but it DOES increase the in game fps about 10s. I usually monitor my gpu’s load with eVGA PrecisionX but accidently found that my fps is higher when I use Fraps instead of PreX.

Well I can confirm that editing the “MaxResourceThreads” to 4 in the option file does not increase the performance. The game is still Single core and Single GPU threaded. Ive been tweaking around forcing SLI as well using only 1 GPU the result is still the same. My pc spec: 3770k stock(my rig is fully custom watercooled but I just dont want to push it @4.8ghz 24/7 due to significantly increased to my electric bill), eVGA 680 superclock in SLI, 16GB Ram & 256gb SSD. I usually have 160-180fps when there is no mob around in max setting (AA off, 16AF), and 6x 7x fps with decent mobs but it could drop to 3x fps in a very dense mob packs. Its still playable though but hopefully devs will optimize for multi core cpu as well a proper SLI profile is highly appreciated. Hope my tips help to increase your experiences. Cheers.

Build 29 was lots of fun… but buggy as heck…I never saw the game crash so much. Anyhow, it’s all good…I’m waiting for the next release.

Very good tips… I did that as well (not exactly like you) and the game didn’t crash as much. I would stop all unnecessary processes to free up memory and CPU usage…worked like a charm.

Disabling cloud saves (interestingly enough I did not enable them myself) and disabling core parking improved performance a bit for me.

If you dont like registry teaking, use this utility http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/CPU-core-parking-manager. No installation, no restart required. Just run with elevated privileges, set 100% and apply. Should work on Windows 7 and newer.

If you play on notebook, enable core parking after the game session. You battery life will suffer otherwise.

You should buy a PC and throw that 2600k wooden crate out :slight_smile:

A 2600k is still a damn fine CPU sir…

(kids these days… )