B30 Hotfix 1 (v0.3.7.5)

v0.3.7.5 (b30 hotfix 1)

[Tech]

• Fixed an issue causing a crash when refreshing the internet server browser list.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could occasionally become stuck when picking up items.
  • Fixed a bug where the default camera zoom key would set the wrong zoom level.

[Game]

• Run Speed cap bumped up to 135%
  • Reduced Offensive and Defensive ability scaling on Heroes and Bosses at higher levels
  • Probability To Hit formula adjusted. Equal OA / DA on an Attacker / Defender will result in a 90% chance to hit, up from 85%. The rate at which chance to miss or hit / crit increases as the difference in attack OA and defender DA grows has been reduced. Crit multiplier thresholds have been reduced so that they’re about the same or not much harder to hit than before. The primary purpose of the change is to reduce the overall percentage of attacks that will crit, while still allowing for big crits, just less frequently. Another reason overall crit chance needed to come down is that +%crit dmg bonus from items has made it much more powerful to land any tier crit. For us to continue to allow big crit multipliers, the frequency of crits needed to be scaled back. This will also help lower OA builds more easily maintain a reasonable chance to hit since equal OA/DA chance is now 5% higher and chance to miss increases less quickly if you fall below that. Another positive side effect will be less crits / less severe crits from enemies in ultimate.
  • With the probability to hit formula adjustment, we will do a future pass to adjust OA / DA bonuses in devotions and possibly gear so that builds without skill based bonuses will have a little better access to OA and DA.
  • Cunning and Spirit damage bonus scaling has been increased by about 10% to give these stats a little more value in higher difficulties relative to physique.
  • Fixed an issue with the Avatar of Mogdrogen not spawning
  • Fixed certain cases that could cause the Bane of Cairn, Blood Harvest, Securing Burrwitch and The Warden quests to disappear from the player’s quest log. Affected players should get their quest back if they visit the town hub that starts the quest.
  • Fixed an issue with the Bloody Pox skill not spreading
  • Fixed an issue with the Bounty for Bane’Gargoth not completing. This will cause your bounty for the Black Legion to reset if you are currently on it.
  • The Kymon’s Chosen and Order of Death’s Vigil Nemesis bosses once again have a 100% chance to spawn but instead have chests with a reduced item drop rate compared to other Nemesis bosses

[Itemization]

• Dismantling now has a small chance (higher with item quality) to generate Rare Crafting Materials (ex. Blood of Ch’thon) and a very low chance of generating a Skeleton Key.
  • Added some spirit to the Beastcaller’s Shroud and Shoulderpads to compensate for the removal of spirit from the Cowl
  • Necromancer’s Deathgrips: increased damage and speed of the Bound Spirits. Bound Spirits are also now nearly impervious to damage, but generate minimal threat.

[Class & Skills]

Devotion

• Fixed Wendigo Totem not activating Guardian’s Gaze and Falcon Swoop

Arcanist

• Fixed the lack of scaling at ultimate ranks for Sphere of Protection

oh great, very quickly, I need fight with Mogdrogen :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow… goodbye to my stack of dynamite :p:p:p

excellent, crate is <3

Just tried, server browser refresh still freezes the game for me.

Love Crate so much, too fast.

you could probably buff tenacity of the boar, the oa/da are even weaker now

Nice, thank you :smiley:

Aw, no fix for the DoTs not triggering On Enemy Death bug yet :frowning:

Rest looks good though, thanks.

Cool, even OA/DA balancing made it in! I do have one question, regarding that change, though:

Do I correctly understand that overall chance to crit (no matter for how low damage, just crit) has gone down significantly? If yes, then will the “on crit” abilities be somehow modified to fall in with this change?

EDIT: Tested it out, yeah, my chance to crit mobs got cut in around half. Also this change means our DA not so effective now. Before hotfix 2046 DA vs lvl. 74 Sharantau (Harbinger guarding Eye of Korvaak) = 81.7% chance to be hit, 0% to be crit. After: 88.5% to be hit, still 0% to be crit.

Thank you for the quick fixes. I’m interested in seeing how the OA/DA changes play out.

The real problem in my view isn’t the effectiveness of stacking OA/crit in terms of improving damage output, but the differences in the cost of doing so between masteries. No matter how much or little OA is needed or the most effective, with built-in %OA from skill points in some masteries, those masteries will have an easier time reaching that amount of OA, and as a result provide more options and variety for the other aspects of the build because of that.

I wouldn’t want a removal of %OA from masteries, however, I’d prefer non-%OA masteries to offer other options that make them appealing instead - though I’m currently stumped as to what those options could be within the existing system, particularly given that they will also be able to be used in combination with %OA from masteries.

Skeleton Key dismantling sounds like a great way to add some endgame appeal to the feature, though it probably won’t solve some players “problem” of dismantling being “useless” because they already have accumulated loads more materials than they’re likely to ever need.

Sounds good! I’m glad a small OA/DA change already made it into the game with a hotfix. But this makes me wonder, doesn’t that also drastically decerase the viability of “on crit” effects? Will there be done anything to address that?

Also, I feel like you’re desperately trying to avoid equalizing OA gains across masteries. Is there any reason to this? I feel like the message, in essence, is that Arcanist and Soldier both should remain the way to crit builds.
I’m curious about your (the devs) reasoning behind keeping such massive %OA on these two.

Tell that to new players who didnt play the game from early builds :smiley: I lost my save files due to a windows glitch, and now i pick up every scrap and component.

Yeah, I took a level 79 character (2k OA) into a level ~68 zone and he has trouble critting trash. This isn’t working out…

Hey, I intentionally wiped repeatedly during EA to get more of a new player experience.
I was commenting on that particular “problem” because those “I have what I need, what do I care if it’s still a useful feature to others please change it” remarks showed up during a recent discussion on the subject, and I found them to be rather too inconsiderate to not make mention of them.

NICE.

They finally changed how OA scales and its far less punishing for builds that had less OA on it.

Just dismantled 30 legendaries (a lot of surplus duplicates); got 0 rare crafting mats, 0 skeleton keys. Haven’t tried epics yet, but that seems quite rare to me (obviously RNG could be at play, I will continue until i’ve done 100)

[WHINE]
So much is happening and I can’t play because I am busy elsewhere. Waah !
[/WHINE]

This looks like a good step in the right direction. I will be a bit busy this weekend but I will try to find time to test the OA/DA changes on my builds and see how it goes.

Thanks for fixing the camera zoom glitch guys!!

Keep up the amazing work