B30 Hotfix 1 (v0.3.7.5)

Hi! What about Bloody Pox in this hotfix?

/10char10char

Rants incoming:

1. Poison Bombs’, Pyroblasts’ and Chaos Bolt’s throwing radius is still shorter than most of similar player skills (inferior to Grenado and Phantasmal Blades). Poison Bombs’ is EVEN SHORTER. Unusable for most ranged characters.
  2. Poison Bombs’, Pyroblasts’ and Chaos Bolt’s projectile speed is still too slow. Chaos Bolt’s is even slower than the rest, Chaos-oriented casters still can’t use it reliably. I mentioned it twice in the previous thread.
  3. FPS still goes down the slith hole from time to time. Not good.

Nice hotfix guys! Faster than I anticipated, as always. Time will tell if the OA/DA changes are sufficient

Well, second try to fix OA/DA problem looks a bit better. But 33 OA for 1%? Very bad idea. But who cares about my opinion…

Not to mention, that the Chaos Bolt Damage is quite weak.
Solales Flame should get a slight damagebuff too.
And Chaos Strike should get a slight buff like +%crit damage.

“Added some spirit to the Beastcaller’s Shroud and Shoulderpads to compensate for the removal of spirit from the Cowl”

A good change for people that use them items, I don’t. Fiendmaster Riament and Fiendflesh Mantle are overall superior.

Empowered Black Grimore of Og Napesh has a spirit requirement 715. That’s over 200 more than most other summoner gear.

Empower Rift boots have 4% spirit. That is only spirit I have on gear.

Beastcaller hat, amulet, Voidmancer belt, Ruby of Domination, Ancestor relic, Necro Deathgrips, Black Scourge, all zero spirit.

I think there just needs to be more and better options for chaos damage period. We get some nice things, but not as nice as some of the other damage types, and definitely not as many options overall. Then again, Aether is rather limited too, although that looks to be improving.

Yes after b30 it was too easy to get ridonk crit chance. Perhaps some proc on crits need to be more generous now in their chance to proc, but perhaps give back a little crit chance and shave a bit more off crit damage. We all like big numbers, but the reason I suggested preserving crit chance over crit dmg is because crit chance is more interesting due to procs on crit.

There’s more depth to it. Crit damage is just big numbers, but making crit chance a viable thing makes crit procs a thing. I haven’t played enough with crit builds yet in the new hotfix, that will take some time, so it may be fine and critters are just whining. But basically guys, let’s keep an eye on how this has affected our crit chances, and decide if crit chance should be raised (and other stuff balanced for that change) or crit procs proc more often on crits/lower recharge?

I want to point out that here is the change for 2000 DA from b30 to b30hf1.
2000 DA vs lvl 92 Bolak’Anatu (boss at entrance to BoC roguelike) went from just under 70% chance to hit to 83.1% chance to hit. I think a little more needs to give, allowing 2000 to reach 90% on him. The rest should come from gear or devotion. If devotion and gear get a LOT more OA/DA reduction then perhaps it’s fine as is. Remember, Bolak’Anatu is not the end all and be all of enemies. There are others with higher DA, and nemesi to consider.

Also if you didn’t know, if you have under 70% chance to hit an enemy, your damage is also reduced. Fully geared people for ultimate should never come close to facing this problem, and yet some still are on end-content…

I care. I think crit damage should have been tackled a bit harder than crit chance. Players and monsters scale differently. They could have made hit scaling even easier, crit scaling only slightly worse instead of the huge nerf it got, and crit dmg scaling via OA get the nerfstick instead. If monsters crit the players too much they can just nerf OA on the monsters instead of killing off crit chance all together… but again I have to play with the build before I can say this is correct.

Thank you for the speed with which you crank out these updates. You have a truly amazing work ethic! I am also glad that you are beginning to address the biggest balance problem in GD now, the OA/DA/hit/crit formula. Kudos and keep tinkering!

Crit chance has basically been halved, so that’s a pretty big change. Instead of constantly nerfing the content and rejigging OA/DA. Why not instead, buff the legendaries more? A lot of them are still very lacklustre. Increase % damages on all legendaries by say, an extra 10-25% (some more so than others) and add flat OA to a lot more items, or just increase the amounts generally. Take Deathmarked jacket for example, it’s just horrible horrible horrible. It’s decent for purely cold based nightblade, but just how many are there of those? Going from the green devils crossing faction chest I lose over 100OA and 800DPS. As it is, all it gets used for is BOC runs, when you need the chaos resistance.

Cunning and Spirit damage bonus scaling has been increased by about 10%

Cunning:
+1% physical damage per 3.0 points (down from 3.25)
+1% pierce damage per 3.25 points (down from 3.5)
+1% duration damage per 2.75 points (down from 3.0)

Spirit:
+1% magic damage per 2.75 points (down from 3.0)
+1% duration damage per 2.5 points (down from 2.85)

Poison/Burn/Frostburn/Electrocute gogo :smiley:

Thank-you, I needed this

THx Crate for your awesome work.

And to a few others, which ask questions that are already answers in the patchnotes here a german saying: The one who can read is truly in advantage. :wink:

“With the probability to hit formula adjustment, we will do a future pass to adjust OA / DA bonuses in devotions and possibly gear so that builds without skill based bonuses will have a little better access to OA and DA.”

Armor absorption does not become higher than 100%?
Saw today after the update.
Or is it just a tooltip bug ?

Why not lower crit damage instead of crit chance? my crit-dependant warden is now useless, my passive lazy-pokemon ocultist and reflective battlemage both deal more damage and take much less effort, they also never die

Any chance attack speed can be changed? I am a sword user 1H, Closing in on 200%… could it perhaps be 250% max? 200 seems to low :frowning:

And what would buffing Legendaries solve, exactly? If it’s good without lots of OA/crit, it’s almost certainly going to be a lot better still with lots of OA/crit, and masteries/builds will still have a very uneven path to whatever amount of OA they require.

Yikes, my crit chance is almost halved on my OA/crit dmg stacking Battlemage (seems about 40% chance to crit to 23%ish). Clear speed just got demolished.

nice!
ths