B30 Hotfix 2 (v0.3.7.5)

While reducing crit chance please keep in mind Devotion skillls like Tempest which depend on crit chance. They are becoming less and less viable in Ultimate.

Crit chance is easier to get now, so it can’t possibly be less viable than it was.

%oa on soldier and arcanist have to be full remove(and Then you can buff Back %oa in the devotion so really more build Will be strong)… A little nerf is not enought, its make masteries with oa on their tree just to strong so if you want top tier build its mandatory to use one of thoose

Why nerf monster dmg ? Monster dmg and ultimate got nerfed last patch now its just to easy … Is this game take the diablo 3 road ?(easy as fuck, full casual)
Player Will not keep farming if their is no point to get better gear because you already destroyed ultimate with average gear

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like this towards Loxmere. My armor is only around 1K and my DA is about 1.7K, but majority of my resistances are maxed except for Aether, Pierce, and Poison but those are set at 72%, 74%, and 78% respectively.

What build (skills…)?

I imagine some builds do not require crit so much, so our data needs to be clear…

This was just a small hotfix to introduce a new formula and a few other things. The hit / crit issue should be better but I didn’t expect it to be resolved. There are various additional changes coming that will attempt to further address this issue.

I don’t think it is necessary or even desirable for all masteries to have equal access to OA. There is obviously a problem currently where the power of critting and degree of inequality in access to OA bonuses greatly favor two masteries but I think that can be brought into balance without completely removing OA / crit bonuses from masteries.

The ideal is that it should eventually be viable to pursue crit or focus on damage bonuses, where some masteries may be a little more suited to one strategy or the other - I don’t think we want to just equalize access to OA and have everyone building for crits.

Monster physical damage is the second major balance problem after monster OA/DA. Unless Crate is going to provide every mastery with a damage absorption skill there need to be an adjustment.

@medierra: Is there any way to find a consensus betweel 2-mastery and 1-mastery builds in regard of base stats? The game tip says that choosing the second mastery isn’t mandatory, but the gameplay process disagrees. Those who stick to single mastery are at huge disadvantage now compared to those who invest in two. (I said it earlier but got bashed for that -_-)

good life and resist and good defensiv setup and its fine. The main problem of monster dmg its ppl who go glass cannon or almost glass cannon and dont wanna use some defensiv item and complain

I got a pure Soldier myself doing Act2 on Ultimate and defeated Cronley. Sure i could pick Nightblade for PB and Vos, or the Occulist for CoF. But i still manage to do very well actually while i don’t have all legendaries yet that i want to use.

Nope, different classes have different access to ‘good defensive setups’. While there is that thing that you can ignore many magic damage attacks from a dozen of mobs at once, with capped resistances. While 3 charging trolls will make you run. Unless you are overgeared to the point when you can facetank them, or just playing tanky class.

Physical damage is perhaps in line with other types, just armor is almost useless and phys resist too rare.

There are now 3 masteries with powerfull damage mitigation:
-: Soldier with Menhir’s and shield training
-: Arcanist with Maiven and Mirror
-: Shaman with Savagery, Primal Bond and Emboldening roar (though the roar could be more stable considering how the mitigation is spread between so many skills)

To go along these 3 masteries, we have 2 masteries with “strong” healing:
-: Nightblade with Belgothian breath.
-: Occultist with Blood of Dreeg (obviously the nightblade is way better, but Occultist isn’t that bad either).

I think it’s a nice way to spread things. Obviously things can always be better balanced, but the situation is totally acceptable (for my taste).

You may notice that I excluded Demolitionist. It’s not that Blast shiled or flashbang are bad (well, Blast shield could still be buffed on it’s uptime :stuck_out_tongue: . But flashbang is excellent !), but you can’t really class them as reliable mitigation. And Demolitionist’s healing is nearly non existant.

Since you started that comparison, I was describing problems with the saboteur class just yesterday. Since the changes to possession it appears to be one of these remaining cases. Moosilauke is one of the simplest nemesis, I believe when you have problems with him while not being undergeared its symptomatic. There should be no noob traps.

please bring back the old difficulti to Ultimate. As it stands now, its to easy, to much casual…

If you have the right gear, you can Faceroll ultimate :frowning: i dont want Grim Dawn to become the next D3 where you can farm T10 with eyes closed.

the other changes are very welcome :slight_smile:

I am all for difficulty, but looking at your 4 posts on this forum, I really wonder if you are the right player to provide feedback on this. Care to disprove my assumption that you mainly play other people’s saved games?

Feedback on balance and difficulty need to be precisely qualified by what type of gaming experience you run, self found, untwinked, sidekick use, etc. If you cannot faceroll with top gear then that is not really top gear is it. Most people do not have head to toe top gear. I want it to be really, really hard, but possible for a toon that has only twinked some choice self found items.

Anyways, I see that my post might lead this topic astray, but for anyone other than MikeTheG, you can continue the line of discussion in the HEXED thread here:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29771

I agree that not every mastery should just go crit and its good to have some masteries specialize in crit BUT it would be better if this assumption matched items and devotions. Example - Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm clearly made for demolitionist who has no crit support whatsoever on the mastery but the proc on relic is based on crit - so if you want to utilize the proc you are kinda forced to go sorcerer or commando. Reckless Tempest also kinda forces you to go something with arcanist like a druid etc. So maybe revisit some of those procs and change them from crit to chance on attacking. I bet others could come up with many more examples.

That is the biggest problem with balance of game with melee and caster, how to make mobs threaten melee and not waste caster at same time…if you go the “give the caster huge damage so they do not get close” way, you have the problem of hybrids, where they can do both.

Right now, the 1handed shield Battlemage, the ultimate hybrid, Soldier and Arcanist, is immortal. You pump physique, boost OA, have the shield, which is awesome and I wish used in a 2 handed fashion, balance that guys ;), and get all sort of defense skills, huge health, combined with devotions, all sorts of procs that do nice things in bad ways and you feel immortal,

…but it takes forever to kill shit.

I begin to think that enemy health levels are balanced towards this unbelievable damage output of the true caster, which I have not taken past Veteran, and in Elite with my Battlemage, I begin to feel like there is even a inverse effect where due to trying to balance enemies against damage dealers, casters, that the defensive focused build has decreased clear speed.

Some purple bosses, you literally can talk to the wife or any other crazy activity while you hold down the mouse and cycle your hotkeys.

[OFFTOPIC]
I understand that Jihaco is not just a moderator but a Super Moderator, but how the hell can he be editing his posts 1 and a half days in the future?! :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

-> <-

[/OFFTOPIC]

Because it’s a signature.