Backer Rewards and DRM-Free Copy

Great, thank you. I can’t wait to play the game.

I have the Digital Version of GD which a friend of mine gave me as a gift via Steam. Atm I lost touch with him and don’t know the code for Steam . Could I get DRM-free version upon the release? And if so how will that be done? I can provide all the necessary information and screenshots, for example, i can give the gift key from the link he gave me (maybe that helps?). Thanks

Glad to know you care, however I was addressing the developers of Grim Dawn.

Please either send them an email ([email protected]), or post in the No-Reply Feedback Section as that is what it is for as only the devs and moderators can see those threads.

Thanks, I’m kinda tired of trying to make a point without Mamba being a troll, I’ve already messaged them but they don’t respond anyway.

Thanks for the upcoming GOG release. :slight_smile: Wishlist entry: gogDOTcom/wishlist/games/grim_dawn

Probably because they are busy for the release. :slight_smile:

I am not trolling, I am explaining why what they do makes sense… despite what you think of it

you must definetely provide a GOG key . I never wanted a Steam key as a KS backer . Otherwise it would be a shame for early supporters .

If you were a KS backer, then you’ll get a key for the DRM-free version of GD. You’ll get that key from the Humble web site. No GOG needed.

But why they provide Steam version ? Wasteland 2 developers gave beta test version for Steam , when full version released they replaced Steam keys with GOG keys if people want . This is a proper way for customer rights .

Clearly you don’t understand… that is exactly how this works as well. No replacing needed. The drm-free key will become available (thru Humble) at some point after release here.

Not rocket science peoples.

You’re not losing anything. Even if you’ve already used your Steam Key, you can still get the DRM-free version (provided you didn’t buy the game from Steam directly)

Crate provided a Steam version mainly because it was easier to push out updates.

Wasteland 2 is not Crate/Grim Dawn - perhaps they already had all of the setup prior. I don’t know, do you?

If Crate can arrange for GOG to deliver for KS and web site backers, then I’m all for it, but based on medierra’s post - it doesn’t seem likely. GOG, it seems, is for new sales.

Since there was never any promise for a GOG delivery, there is no issue with customer rights.

The DRM-free version will be handled by the Humble Store.

Thanks for the update. I’ll wait patently for my DRM-free version.

I have waited for the DRM free versions of Bioshock, Trine series, Risen 2+3 and The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing series, so I’m good at waiting. :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear about the gog release. BTW gog has Galaxy, it’s own (optional) digital delivery service (in beta so far).

I plan to also buy a gog copy to show my support for Crate and to gog.

It’s an extra complication to manage both, Steam and DRM-free versions, so your commitment to the DRM-free version is VERY much appreciated.

I wish Grim Dawn to be a huge success followed by more expansions and other great new games from Crate.

and yeah it’s not east task to maintain both versions . Even Starbound developers switched to GOG from Humble Store . Better solution to use GOG for DRM-free version

Starbound sells on Steam, Humble, GOG, and GMG. They didn’t switch anything, they just added to another site to sell their game. What do you mean by this?

They not offering DRM-free version on Humble anymore . It’s only available for GOG

If you got it through Steam your stuck with Steam unless you rebuy it.

:frowning: Too bad can’t afford rebuying it