Balegor's Crusher support for Acid Blade Spirits to make it and Witch Hunter more attractive to players

I don’t think that Witch Hunters are very popular when you can play Dervish,
especially 2h “meme” ones like Balegor’s Crusher Witch Hunter.

After optimizing Balegor’s Crusher build - Balegor’s Witch Hunter - my idea is to make this weapon support Acid Blade Spirits instead of Ring of Steel because:

• this would make the weapon more popular as Acid Blade Spirits would be visually attractive

• and a fun combo with Biting Blades you use with this weapon optimally
  • there’s Acid Ring of Steel medal if someone would still want to play it

• wouldn’t be broken since 2h Acid builds are not as strong as DW ones

• you put points into Blade Spirits and not Ring of Steel in this build anyway

• because it’s more beneficial since

• you get full Pierce → Acid conversion from the weapon and

• 100% Elemental → Acid conversion is awesome for ABB / Rumor / Yugol and you can also use it to convert devotions like Meteor / Blizzard or movements skills like Amatok / Blazing Charge / Stormtitan so it’s a no brainer

• but awkward at the same time since + X to Blade Spirits is hard to get (I got +2 from Witch Hunter’s medal prefix) so native +X on the weapon would help a lot

This idea is not meant to increase Balegor’s Witch Hunter’s performance necessarily (although it probably would a bit as a consequence) because after playing some similar 2h Acid Witch Hunters that depend on an item skill a lot (Winter King’s Might and Reaping Arc ones while Balegor is a Biting Blades build in this context) I’m sure it’s playable if built in this fashion.

4 Likes

i like the green RoS, playing a WH right now. feels kinda squishy, but not finished yet. +1 to green blade spirits. that would be awesome!

1 Like

Fun fact: There are 62 item modifiers for Ring of Steel. It’s wild that Crate added the most item modifiers for a skill that’s completely useless outside of some Bleed builds and maybe some super short CD Pierce builds.

Hearing that Witchblade and Witch Hunter should be removed from the game they’re so bad makes me so sad. I’ll support any buffs that give these classes some originally and usefulness.

1 Like