Barn won't slaughter cows

I can’t get the barns to slaughter the cows, was working great last night.

7 Likes

Update, employees in the barn status “Wandering - unable to work”. I have 4 barns and having issues getting them to slaughter the cows…need that meat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I confirm same issue. First I thought the issue is caused by a wall, but I removed all of them to test this. It doesn’t matter if milk is on/off, if the cows are inside or outside. And it doesn’t work all year long.
Before Hotfix this worked.

I also followed another “workaround” in other bug-report:
“Moving cows to a second barn works, there they could be slaughtered”. But this didn’t work for me. The second/new barn didn’t “proceed” the “slaughter” order.
But: After moving some of the cows to the other barn, I was able to slaughter some of them in the first one.

Very annoying (and without slaughtering them there is always over-population of cows…)

3 Likes

I created 4 barns to get this to work, for one year then back to nobody slaughtering cattle.

1 Like

Same issue here with not being able to slaughter overpopulation of cows. I’ll try the additional barn to see if that helps.

1 Like

Same problem here, no slaughtering going on, also the herd limit doesnt work, it goes over the limits…

1 Like

I had this issue and have solved this by removing all walls and gates from the part of the city close to the barns and grazing areas. When I did that, the cows unstuck themselves.

2 Likes

I can confirm removing walls in another part of my town resolved my issue as well.
After some hours I found out that some cows were stuck on way home from an older grazing area I used before. After removing one wall all worked again in barns.

I had a barn that didnt produce anything nor could animals be slaughtered. Relocating the barn fixed the bug.

1 Like

The auto cull determined by the herd size also doesn’t work.
Some of the buttons on the Large Barn pane don’t have tooltips, so I’m guessing what they might do.

I noticed it a bit through my 2nd city. I click the slaughter button, tell the villagers to slaughter a cow and then they just don’t. I’ve built multiple barns and the problem is consistent with all of them, though this was not an issue in the first city

1 Like

Ditto. Happens to me too.

same issue here, clearly a bug. Cattle in general are broken for me, click one? I get birch tree placement card, bear card,etc.

Same issue. They’ve stopped producing milk too.
Moved to a new barn and that wouldn’t slaughter either.

This is a big issue. Is this something that is being worked on?

same for me

Hello All,

I faced the same issue, but with me is a transit problem.
If you have fences all around the barn, you cannot tranfer interbetwen barns and cows somehow get out but will not go back in.

This stops Milk, Slaughter and even grow.

I’ve come across this problem too, but I’ve figured out the cause of the problem. This situation occurs when a cow gets spooked and runs out of the barn. This cow, which then runs around the village, then gets stuck in some gate and stays there. The barn then does not work. It is necessary to go through the town and inspect all the gates, either on the roads or in the fields, and after finding the cow, this gate must be demolished. The cow will then walk away towards its barn. At this point the barn will start working.

(sorry for my english.)

I don’t think this is a bug really. I broke my head for many hours straight trying to find the root of evil, rebuilding, relocating the barns and moving the gates and fences. I guess in this case the answer is as simple as it gets. Apparently if you got fewer food storages in your city than needed for the food production ratio at any given time, they cap food production, thus the meat you request from the barns, canNOT be stored at all! This makes absolute sense and has to do with proper management and balancing your food production. You actually ask the barntender to slaughter the cows, cause the pop starves to death and he literally responds: da meat has nowhere to go, so fck off…For me, when I built an extra 5 warehouses and root cellars accross my city…BOOM…got the cows slaughtered and the food stockpiles skyrocket from 5 months to 14 in da blink of the eye. This fix worked for me like a charm in both of my cities.

1 Like