Battle tactics

Hi

When i see threat to my toon’s health then i use leap ability to jump out of the battle.
But this leap ability have quite long cooldown and i cant use in in every case.
Sometime i can run away from dangerous place but my movement speed is low and i stay in dangerous place partly.
I wanna evade enemie’s hits. how can i develop leap ability or what are other ways to avoid enemie’s hits???

Thanks

Use your brain. Learn what the game is putting down on ya. Learn how it works. Be smarter than the game. Out-think the game. Use the part of you that is human to defeat an un-thinking program.

Look for stuff to increase your movement speed, Mark of the Traveller is one such way to add this. Also think of using a ranged weapon if necessary to keep out of trouble and be able to kite easier.

I know abou Mark of the Traveler but if i set up Mark of the Traveler to my boots i lose other useful features.
Sorry i reject your advice
I deem that this game, - probably, - have no many useful mechanics
Kiting cant help me if i fight vs boss on closed arena - there is no room for kiting

If you want something that can facetank most of the content including superbosses without requiring much use of the brain, I can provide a build :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounds like you might just have to upload him the entire character complete at this point :smirk:

I actually have done it for some a few times upon request… image

1 Like

Using your help i try to analyze Grim dawn in order to see new interest to this game cos former (inicial) intererst is over. What can it be ininteligable here for you?!

You can use crowd control skills like Olexra’s Flash Freeze or Ring of Steel, or you move a little bit to make melee units attack but miss you, or you dodge projectiles, but for the most part you need to be able to sustain damage. For that you need Defensive Ability, Resistances, Health, Armor, Armor Absorption, Damage Absorption, Block Chance / Recovery, Evasion - so there is a lot.

If you do not kill enemies before they kill you, you need panic buttons, which protect or heal you. It’s up to you to find the proper balance.

just curious. staglaitor, what class are you playing and what enemies that gives you sooo much trouble that you start this thread, asking for tactics on how to avoid/kite enemies? if you can answer my question, others will understand your problem more clearly.

How can i avoid enemy’s hits?
Kiting, leaping are already known by me

You can’t exactly avoid enemy hits other than by not getting hit.

Other than simply moving out of the way, you can increase your dodge/evade chance and increase your Defensive Ability (enemies will still have 60% chance to hit you even if you have 1million DA)

But if you just want better survivability on your character, upload it to Grimtools Calculator and paste the link to it here. Different builds use different tactics.

Is someone cleaning up the thread in realtime or am I being possessed by Dreeg?

Yes, to the former and propably yes to the latter, too.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

:scream:

Mods actively delete replies they find rude on many threads, not just this. I’ve been hit by it a few times too :slight_smile:

@OP, you must have seen it already. Grim dawn isn’t mostly a game of mechanical skill. It’s a game of stats. The best way to not die is to get enough stats. Your skill still matters especially since enemy attacks are repetitive but no skill will save a bad build.

So yeah, powbam is right on the use your brains part. Try making your build better, and then familiarize boss attacks so you know what to do.

1 Like

It’s all those eyes you know. :rofl:

Staglaitor, assuming you’re talking about the build you posted then you already have Mark of the Traveller on your boots so can’t see you rejecting the advice given later. Plus there are probably other items in the game too which will give you more movement speed, you’re not restricted to just that one component.

If you insist on going into Crucible or Shattered Realm which is where I assume you’re talking about, welll don’t go in there. Same with the rogue-like dungeons, don’t enter them. None are obligatory for the main campaign.

Eye see :thinking:

Btw, @OP, Earlier mentioned easy to play build where you don’t have to even avoid getting hits for most stuff: Drunken Fwuffy - Retaliation Warlord

If you want more specific advice regarding your own build, the site incase you haven’t found it already: grimtools.com/calc

Image:

The button in the red circle lets you upload the char straight from the save file
The button in the green circle gives you the link you can then copy/paste here

Yes, I am aware that neither is in a circle…

Dogde and Evade can help one bitt to.
there are some josfull staff in this topic Avoid melee attacks

high defecive abiliti and offesiv abiliti removal from monster can also give you smaller likelihood to get hitted. The capping is 60% thoogh

9 posts were split to a new topic: [Recommendation] Screenshot tool