Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions)

True, though some builds do feel safer and fool-proof (looking at you, vitality casters) and HC enthusiasts may want to begin with a safer bet so indicating those would help
Rekt does have a compendium thread and a dedicated thread for each build so I think he qualifies for the criterion, given he’s the largest resource for HC gameplay, he makes a fine addition to the collection

One question, if someone wanted to add his guide from an external source like, Reddit for example, is that possible and would there be a form to fill ?

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal, but I’ll have to deny it. Long ago I’ve beaten certain someone to Compendium management by volunteering myself, and time proven me right. I’m fine with you doing a beatiful version of budget build section of Compendium, but mine has to remain as a backup.

1 Like

Yeah maybe but I think dividing into hc viable and not can be a bit missleading too. Also most ppl start in softcore to gain knowledge of game. I know dragon play hc exclusive so his builds are of course safe bet.

To be fair, all rekts builds do not have own thread and the vast majority of them are not ssf or geared with same philosophy as these other beginner/budget builds. I have watched some of this SSF stuff, and I see whenever he drops a good legendary he just equip it which would go against this beginner/budget build philosophy. Like my warder, I dropped two avanger set items but refrained of using them just to make a point that build works even without RNG luck so to say,

Format I guess just make a dedicated thread about build guide on the forum. I think 99% of content should be written format. So no thread with a link to yt or reddit only.

2 Likes

TBH I should remove Mayas pet builds for consistancy, because not even I can find them… linking to her compendium “the carnival” should be enough.

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Reddit and builds discussion

A post was merged into an existing topic: Reddit and builds discussion

I made an account here literally just to tell you how much of a beautiful bastard you are. Been wanting something like this for ages, seeing as I’m both new and awful at this game. Thanks a million.

3 Likes

Hot damn @Ulvar1! This is great! Glad to have you in the community, brother. Keep this stuff coming, man!

2 Likes

Even I can’t find half my builds :rofl:

(I do tend to tag them with “maya” though)

But considering that most are outdated at this point and my beginner builds and stuff are all in that carnival thread, linking that is the better solution :yum:

Also, glad to see this thread and waiting for when Ulvar1@tm builds start appearing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, hope you find something fun to play!

Added Dragons warder

1 Like

Added Salvors deceiver

2 Likes

i made a little ‘available beginner guides “bingo card”’ :laughing: just for lulz (based on what i’ve seen avail here)

mentalist is marked “:grey_question:” because Moncc/Stupid_Dragon was doing one i think i saw?

… 30/5/2022 edit. updated the bingo card :grin:

7 Likes

LoL no one did SSF Bleeding Archon before? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1B4onZ Here is the idea, I never made such build and don’t know all the faction gears so it probably can be improved but not sure about sustain since damage mostly will be DoT.

1 Like

You are of course free to do it yourself :slight_smile:

Here is 5 Guardian Archon https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQ17n8N sketch

3 Likes

LooL that’s looks very cool and has -%168 Vitaliy RR…

2 Likes

Can get Stag instead of panther for more phys res too. And then farm dark one and get 2 Wendigo totems (and then 4 guardians…) Can be fun to make I guess, its like pets but not really :smiley: xD

1 Like

Nice one!
Lol turns out we have Apostate now, missed this one.

3 Likes

I saw you wrote “no one will ever be stupid enough to follow it” but I was stupid enough to make one lol

1 Like

I was almost baited to make one once or twice myself, so I’m not far off. :rofl:

2 Likes