Belgoystic Blademayster Build

Belgoystic Blademayster
[1.0.4.1]

( PIERCE / PHYSICAL )

–> https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqGznp2 <–

• the build in this link is the latest version of it no matter what links are in comments -

+87Cunning / +110K DPS / +60ish%Crit Dmg / 200% AS
All Max Res +20%Phys Res / 4.3k OA / 2.4k DA / 3k Armor (100% Absorp)
+10k Health / +15% Life Steal (without Goulish Hunger)

WILL BE RE-EDITED
(you pretty much have all you need to know in the grim tools link)

The build is derived from/inspired by Belgothian’s Slaughter build (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56883&highlight=belg)

It would really be nice to have 5 attacks per second like the build calc shows. :rolleyes: …just sayin’…wouldn’t hurt anyone…just the enemies. :slight_smile:

p.s.: that is the only place in game where player’s own light radius shadows looks good, and just in one spot…muhuhuhuahah…:cool:

> Obscuring the character name in the screenshot

Seems pretty standard, all things considered. Don’t really see much of a difference between it and Superfluff’s. Still, good.

The diff is in devotions, compos and medal mostly. I think he used those gloves mainly cause of res, and the pants for cunning, but i tend to believe i fix the need for the gloves. Also the bonuses from Barbaros are way better than Really Great Pants ones, but what i say here is from the build he has on 1st page of the thread in the link i posted, from where i inspired the build from, dunno if he changed recently.

Obscuring name :cool: bond

You haven’t done anything to improve the build sorry to say. Taking bat is pretty unnecessary and I think fluff’s devotion set up is superior. Also not trying to be an arsehole but your devotion bindings don’t make much sense. Either you bind twin fangs, assassin’s mark or unknown soldier proc to your main attack which should be belgothian’s strikes. Because the strikes have no cool down and your attack speed is so high you can continuously proc. Of those three I’d put the resist reduction proc on strikes.

I applaud you for trying to make your own take on the build and play it how you like to but apart from some very slight gear change, a severe drop in armour and a drop in life total what do you actually think you added to the build? I guess you increased the defensive ability slightly which isn’t a bad thing.

Again not trying to be negative about what you’ve done but genuinely wondering what you think you have added to the build that makes it a unique take on it?

Well what did i do…for start I removed the need to use gloves that are for other class, and still have max out all res, and also i use a class specific pants that are 2 times better than his, for bms at least, i added the salt, the bones, medal, and changed some devotions.
But if u dont like it, or speak before testing, that is ur problem not mine. I actually enjoy this one more than his cause i seem to die less.
Didn’t say it’s better or worse…i like his high OA but i dont like the defense…its even with mine for me.

Bat is not good ? What are u playing then ? Ranged ?

And btw - any BM phys/pierce build will eventually end up with kinda the same skills/devos/items…there’s not much going around that. This is just an alternative to…practicly…the blademaster build…there is no better bm build then belgo with redeemer, sigil and twister, breaker sash and belgo relic, unknown soldier and oleron, skills etc…

Understand what I said. I said it was unnecessary for this build. In that it doesn’t add anything of merit to it. Bat is good on ranged but it is good where it bolsters the damage type or gives more survivability. I think fluff’s build already has that. Good that you enjoy playing it and it works for you and my comments are my opinion, there is no need to get offended by them. I’m just random internet guy at the end of the day, don’t let people’s opinions you aren’t invested in get to you. Life is better that way.

The bat constellation is mainly to get to ghoul, and for the point that adds base +3%life steal, the skill itself i know its not good on markovian, cause it has 20% chance on attack and markovian 25% chance to be used…

Assassin mark has 18 second duration - in 18 second duration execution triggers at least 5 times if not more…and i might be being generous…so its a permanent curse…also execution procs in the 1st 4-8 hits, meaning max 2 sec…and what would u put blind fury on ?

The main attack IS belghotian strikes, but i cant asssign it in the build calc. And if u actually test the build u see that unknown soldier living shadows are permanently 3 alive…

Just assigned Twin Fangs on War Cry cause it has 100% chance on attack on it. (it doesn’t show in grim calc, only in game)

Can anyone confirm that this actually works ?

I mean if i have 100% chance on attack to trigger Twin Fangs on all enemies affected by war cry for its duration…what does “attack” mean ? just my normal hits or also skills/granted skills ?

Cause if so whirling blades would steal life on continuously…

It works, i sit in mid of normal hoards with whirling blades on, activate war cry and get healed. Very nice.

War Cry and only War Cry will proc twin fangs. Has nothing to do with any of your other attacks.

Not a very good assignment because the War Cry cooldown is much longer than the Twin Fangs cooldown.

Just tested it, try it out, activate war cry in mid of monsters with whirling blades on…and it heals…or what else could have healed me if i dont attack ? i just stood there…i can record it if needed.

War cry will check for procs on cast, not for the duration. So you have 100% chance to proc twin fangs, every time you press war cry. That’s 1 twin fangs proc per war cry cooldown.

Not picking up ulgrim’s guile is something of a headscratcher if you’re claiming to easily be capping res.

If you use spellscorched plating first place it goes is in belt so it applies to all your armor.

you can avoid having to use an ugdenbog leather if you swap some ingenuities to sylvarrias.

Not using double seal of blades when you have two whatever-I-feel-like affix greens is a poor decision. Why give up damage and lifesteal, then go into devotions to give up more damage/resilience to replicate that lifesteal?

Not 16 points in dual blades, not max field command for OA. 16/12 points in Oleron’s Rage. Excess points in fighting spirit. Excess points in night’s chill (though this would be one of the preferable places to put them IF you had the important things maxed FIRST). Missing the CDR portion of shadow strike. Went past the 11/12 breakpoint in anatomy of murder. Don’t actually need 12/12 squad tactics because belgo strikes pushes you well above 200% AS.

Not taking harpy on a pierce build

Stacking OA and neglecting any of the T1 devotions that have crit damage

Getting Oleron’s Face on a pierce build…

There’s a big list of suboptimal choices.

NO ! MY BAD ! i had living shadows atm…lol…they heal nice…so it doesnt work…it just dmgs the enemies it affects and steals life from that dmg i presume…so its just another tipe of heal with 7.5sec duration of the war cry…hmmmm

I bet u just took a look at the build calc and started writing without testing the build 1st.

1. reses are maxed out with covens guile which gives more dmg.

2. did not actually now that it doesnt say anywhere on it…and if u put it on belt u have to put leather on hands, and u opt out the option to use restless remains if u read the entire text there.

3. and loose 2% or 4% DA ?

4. what does seal of blades have to do with green affixes ? 15% dmg to atherials, for end game farming is very good imo…do the math…or am i missing something ? is it not 15% of my total damage added on top of my total dmg when i attack atherials ?
    I also said there if u read the text that u can use seal of blades or of might if u want - its the player’s choice. I added what i tested to be better imo.
    Why life steal ? Dunoo…cause ur a melee build…

5. Not 16 points in dual blades cause the grim calc doesnt calculate the hidden path and kasparov skill points. +3 Oleron Rage from Pants. +1 from reedemer +1 from amulet +2 from gloves (7 :wink: ). Fighting spirit is a very good skill. U might not have played bm if u not have max out night chill at lvl 100char - the build has a total of -76%pierce res for enemies (important thinxs maxed first ? what things ?) Shadow Strike, as Blitz are for movement only, not for dmg. Again u dont play bm if u dont max out anatomy of murder. And u might be right with field command and squad tactics will check into that.

6. Ghoul is better than harpy. PERIOD.

7. 45% (i have 47% in game) crit dmg is enough(not the best) but the build is balanced so u dont die and still kill very fast - TEST IT BEFORE SPEAKING. U say that i stack OA and i dont have OA - which one is it ??

8. Where would u have added that point if not the head ?

SO ?

Ulgrim’s guile has flat damage, clear winner on damage

If you are using green items in a theoretical build you’d best be milking them for the best affixes you can find. If you are making sacrifices at other spots when you are missing out on resistance heavy affixes for greens it’s probably wrong.

Furthermore Grimtools accounts for all sources of attribute and skill points in the game. Your build has 0 points available, thus you don’t have those points in dual blades.

I will not argue the merits of ghoul in idiot proofing some builds, but bat is a terrible choice here. Twin fangs does negligible healing on non vit builds and the adcth is mostly excessive with how much you already have amassed. 1 pt red crossroads, drop hammer grab harpy and you have points to spare for more useful investments. Oleron’s head point can go in something that gives health seeing how you are giving up a flat damage weapon augment for a health augment.

Well…the Stondehide boots ARE the best affix for them, and imo the medal is better. Again i say, if u read, it’s an alternative build, not better, not worse, not the same, just derived from the salughter build.
I m not missing on any res - they all max out…

I just reseted my skills, with base mastery, i also have 244, dunno why i thought otherwise, but every time i want to do my build in the build calc it has like -4skill points, or i dunno what im doing wrong, and i think the maxed out dual blades will come if u unspend zolhan’s…which i said in the text if u read.

I think u are the only idiot here trying to sustain ur point of view…that u dont like the build…u can just say so and not try to come with things that have no logic. Again twin fans is for ghoul - harpy does not open ghoul. And after i added twin fangs on war cry, it heals full life, no matter how much missing, but it has long duration,…again twin fangs is more for the 3% point life steal, then for the skill, which is to get to ghoul.

So what i should give up oleron head for 250 health ? 280 ? or what ? =)))) play a bm 1st, test this build before talking about it and then come and comment. U are thinking of coven’s terror, not coven’s guile in stead of ulgrim’s guile…so again ur talking nonsense…

Ulgrim’s Guile gives less dmg in inv then Goven’s Guile even if it has that flat pierce and small OA.

Again…stop talking without testing the actual build…u only talk from what u see in build calc…which is far far from how u give opinions on a build.

With the same 244skill points i have +4 in game.

1st pick is in grim tools 2nd is in game.

I got +1 to Shadow Dance and +1 to Circle of Slaughter, both on the relic as a completion bonus. Where do i get the other 2 from.

As u can see in the pics, in game, with Zolhan’s unspent, i have max dual blades, cause i have on relic completion bonus +1 circle of slaughter and +1 shadow dance, 2 points that would have gone into dual blades - that would have been max.

Also u were, right, less squad tactics and more field command is better, only thing u got right so far.

Again twin fans is for ghoul - harpy does not open ghoul.

What are you talking about?

Put 1 point in Chaos Crossroads, open Ghoul. Put all remaining 4 points in Harpy, problem solved. :rolleyes:

Calling idiots people who provide a good feedback …

Sometimes looking at the grimtools is sufficient … especially when devo/skill points distribution is far from optimal

NB : you can get 2 skill points from Markovian’s Advantage according to your grimtools link in the OP

Forgot about the crossroads point.