Best Masteries to combine with Necromancer or Inquisitor?

That is the first build i will roll , i’m just waiting tools to be updated to check what gear i could use for that.

Then i will try something similar (shaman+ inquis) gunslinger focused on lightning damage, savagery as lmb , lightning inquis proc (can’t remember the name) and storm totem or inquis electric box (still have to decide). Lot of gunslinging will happen.

Edit: Well there is a third , inquis/arcanist. Shard of beronath attack , iee, all those elemental inquisitor procs. Still have to decide between rifle and guns on this one cause i remember a nice set that could support it i’ve seen in a stream and a rifle was a piece of it.

Well, aside from my obvious joke, of course. From what I can see, Tactician is primarily set to be a support group class, and more of his potential will shine in coop game. Best S&B doesn’t always mean damage, at least for physical one.

And if I give Tactician Menhir’s Bastion he will have 30% Damage Absorbtion on top of 400 flat absorb, not counting great regen and excellent blocking. That also not counting damage mitigation from the most common enemies in the game and amazing AoE heal.
Come on, man, you are talking like Tactician can’t tank for shit.

And if I give Tactician Menhir’s Bastion he will have 30% Damage Absorbtion on top of 400 flat absorb, not counting great regen and excellent blocking. That also not counting damage mitigation from the most common enemies in the game and amazing AoE heal.
Come on, man, you are talking like Tactician can’t tank for shit.

He surely can tank , but im more interested in delivering dmg on top of survivability. =)

Aside from survivability, he supports the entire group of people around him with his skills, that’s precisely why I am interested in him.
He will have lower damage output than Commando or Witchblade for sure, aside from the crit bonus, which contibutes greatly, but his tankiness however, will be immense.

Next time, though, I will try to create an elemental Cadence\Forcewave Tactician build, which will for sure use far more of Inquisitor skills to deal kickass damage.

Sword and Board Pierce Cadence Tactician actually sounds great.

Thing is, you theorycraft based on the data you currently have. You don’t know some of the changes to Inquisitor that were introduced recently but still haven’t made it to public grimtools. And what’s more important you haven’t seen the items - Tactician has a dedicated phys/IT legendary set. It doesn’t compare to S&B Cadence Witchblade or Commando because it’s not a Cadence set.

Are these sets that support this, judging from your confident tone? If this is the case, then I only need to wait for Grimtools to be updated.

It makes me slightly irritated to stay in the dark for such a long time, though.

See, that’s what I’m talking about above. I have no fucking clue, man.
But oh well, I’ll see for myself soon.

It’s great based on the mastery skills alone. Flat pierce from Aura of Conviction and RR from Death Sentence.

Not really, but if you think about it the class has -%pierce rr, healing skill with extra resistances and a pierce-focused exclusive with %physical rr, which is pretty much the same recipe as Witchblade, but pierce.

Too much mixed in for my taste. Aura of Conviction is indeed great, though. I still prefer more pure builds. Maybe I’ll try Cold\Pierce Infiltrator afterwards.

Yeah, I see that, but it’s a mixed bag for me. So if I would want to try Pierce, I will take Infiltrator still.

How is it mixed? Just get 100% armor piercing and you convert the entire of the physical damage in Cadence to pierce.

Infiltrator doesn’t have Cadence, Shield Training or Overguard :wink:

I don’t want elemental damage, period. That’s basically it. Listen, I know it’s a good combination, but just bear with me, ok? It’s my personal preference. I will still take Cold and Pierce Infiltrator over Soldier.

Infiltrator has it’s own things…

Well, noone is trying to convince you, you asked about it yourself :smiley:

What does Elemental have to do with this?

As long as I see an updated Grimtools, I will have something in mind. Right now I just want some physical rauma Tactician on me, that’s it. You said there is a set, then it suits me.

Jesus, dude, did I say that pierce Cadence SUCKS SHIT? No, of course, I just don’t want to use it right now. I know about conversion. I considered your opinion and found it valuable. Perhaps in the future I will make this build. Not now. Not on release even.
And by pure build I meant almost strictly cold and pierce. Not physical, not elemental, cold _and_pierce.

I have no clue on what just happened and i have zero interest in knowing.

What i want is a two handed pierce sword with 50% armor piercing, so that i can do some Pierce Forcewave Tactician shenanigans.

TL;DR - I’m too lazy to think about conversion, so I prefer builds with more pure synergy, like you take skills and go. That’s it.
I obviously used some conversion in the past like physical to vitality in melee, but what I want now is simply have fun, not thinking about conversion and stuff, ok?

Ok.

I’m eager to try out a Death Knight tank build. Being able to use some skills to heal from life leech sounds fun.

Yes it is pretty much equal:p. Commando has equaled witch blade in xpac. In vanilla Witchblade had only a 3% total damage advantage after all all bonuses calculated. That gap is closed.

Same for tactician. Flat phys damage from steel resolve and + 25% crit easy 80% of the time. That alone equals end even surpasses witchblade.