Bleed Cadence Discussion

Random suggestion - is it possible to add bleeding damage to warborn set?

Flat / %bleeding damage on some of the items (with the gavel having the highest value) + bleeding damage mod to cadence on 3 piece bonus would be awesome.

I mean, outside of bloodragers…there isn’t much by way of bleeding support.

Edit: I was curious as to how long it’d take old man rhylthar to like this post.

I wasn’t disappointed :rofl:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Or make a 2nd Blood Knight Set for Bleeding. Like Rancor and Spite (without the “slightly too good” part).

@sir_spanksalot:
Even without pinging me. :joy::joy:

1 Like

I don’t see why there shouldn’t be both. Some damage types have 6-7 sets supporting them. Bleeding just has the one.

Both won´t be good because: Too much soldier.

And I would rather see a Bleeding Blood Knight than Warborn because Warborn supports EoR…even 1H-EoR which isn´t any good for Bleeding.

Tbh, clsssic warborn has always supported cadence (look at the non m. Version. It has 0 EoR support).

And the lack of cadence mods in wb has always bugged me

+1 to adding diversity to Bleeding meta
-1 to adding Bleeding to Warborn

I would rather see Cadence part of the set finally fixed. 10% crit damage to Oleron’s Rage was a step into the right direction, but shit is still incredibly weak, need a proper Cadence mod.

2 Likes

Don´t get me wrong:
I am surely not against e. g. a Bleeding Blademaster with using Cadence though RR would be tough to get.

But, on the other hand, it buggers me, why Necromancer and Occultist get no Bleeding Support with a set. Occultist has the highest RR of any mastery and you can make a decent Witchblade/Conjurer, but is mostly carried by the 2nd mastery. Mythical Guillotine (and, to a lesser extent, Mythical Deathlord´s Band) support Bleeding Necromancer, but again: No support with a set. Sure, I made a fine Ritualist and brought a Bleeding Death Knight to 80 (?), but again: Carried by Shaman/Soldier and Weapon.

What’s wrong with bleeding cadence?

Iirc, it’s been proven to work on gutripper specs. Fighting form will also synergise very niceky

nothing wrong with bleeding Cadence. As I said, I don’t think Warborn should get involved. Right now it has one working part - eor and one not-so-working part - Cadence. I think it should offer more support to physical Cadence via another mod.

Adding Bleeding support to a set that has nothing to do with Bleeding in the first place (it has a Mace as its weapon) seems like too much work for no good reason. Better add more bleeding support to Blood Knight or other existing Bleeding items and fix Warborn’s Cadence part.

1 Like

Can´t remember it. When used successfully, it was using Savagery.

There technically are sets that try to support Bleed (I am not implying any of them succeed at it though, don’t mistake that part). Instead of piling on more Bleed supported sets, I’d like to see the Bleed parts of the existing ones get a boost to be competitive in that area.

Off the top of my head, these are some of them and some ideas I’d like to see in mind:

• Blood Knight. Already supports Counter Strike. Bleed Bone Harvest support via a skill modifier or 2 would be neat.
  • Valguur. Mostly Vitality with a hint of Bleed in Blood Boil. Not sure what to suggest here, maybe Bleed damage to Storm Totems like how Stormreaver adds Electrocute to them or something? Would welcome ideas.
  • Korba. Already supports Circle of Slaughter and Savagery. Could do with ALOT more flat Bleed to start. Look at how much flat Cold it gets and where (weapons, head, 3-piece set bonus) and then compare this to how much flat Bleed it gets and where. Besides that, can’t comment otherwise.
1 Like

Yeah, but Korba’s Bleed/Cold suport is tHeMaTiC

We already have a couple of sets that support unconventional damage types either by going all-in on one side of it or the other but not both and that’s what I anticipate Korba becoming - you either go all-in on Cold damage or all-in Bleed damage, not both.

Anything can be made good if you throw enough numbers at it and in the right places.

Say that to Bleeding Korba Tricksters or to Spellscourge Battlemages or to Oathkeepers wearing Bonemonger or to Warborn Death Knights/Witchblades or to Vitality Primal Strike Rotgheist Shamans.

1 Like

I’m sorry if none of those meet your expectations of what constitutes a “good” build as not everyone shares the same view :stuck_out_tongue:.

I would say Warborn Death Knight/Witchblade are in an ok spot from what I’ve seen and have heard from others that have tried Spellscourge Battlemage/Rotgheist that they can clear SR 65-66 without any issues. Again, those sound fine to me as well if so.

1 Like

Blood Knight would be “easiest” (imho, don´t have the whole picture like Big Z., though I would recommend a whole new set (sister set) to not destroy current builds using it now).

Valguur would be hard…can´t say if and how changes should be made.

But Korba…a “No” from me. Why? Because it would be Bloodrager Trickster 2.0. Same devotions, same skills, nothing new.

Well, hear it from me, it’s not in “ok spot”.

My view on what constitutes a “good build” is pretty simple: if set supports both masteries and/or both masteries add a lot of synergy to the main type of damage, it should be a decent enough build both in Crucible and SR (that is if it is assembled more or less correctly).

When I assemble such build and it struggles with endgame content, it’s not a good spot. Not all endgame builds are supposed to be the same in terms of speed, but when two similiar builds (like Krieg DK and Warborn DK) are leagues apart in terms of damage and consistency, something is not right.

Also, that “clears SR 65-66 without any issues” bullshit should stop being used as a measuring stick. All kinds of meme builds clear SR 65-66 without any issues.

1 Like

And the problem with this is? SR 65-66 is still endgame content, it is far beyond what 99% of the playerbase will see. That it doesn’t push the literal top end that you want does not mean that builds that do it are bad by any means. Not all builds are created equal.

I’m satisfied with builds that can clear SR 65-66 that they are viable at all - not that they are S+ tier.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh look, thread getting off topic. We can only wonder who derailed it this time…

3 Likes