Blueprint Rerolling

@sir_spanksalot I don’t think Contragor understands anything, not just the loot/RNG/blueprint mechanics.

Honest to god, I get that Z has the tendency to be a little snarky (which I personally find amusing), but we are all just trying to help here.

#friendlyfirebro

Before you try real hard to teach me again, I’m going to break it down for you…

If we were debating opinions, it would be fair to say that someone is not willing to see things from another angle. We are however discussing a FACT.

My statement: if a blueprint drops that you already have, it will attempt to reroll it. This is a fact, an indisputable fact.

It doesn’t matter if the initial drop chance was 100% or 0.0001%. When the loot table determines that it’s going to be a blueprint, it will then see if you already have it. If you do, it will then reroll that blueprint up to 10 times to avoid giving you a duplicate.

It has nothing to do with drop rates. Period.

1 Like

Sweet Godzilla of Manila!
Do you guys argue just for the sake of argument? Are you both having reading comprehension and formal logic issues?

1. Zantai is correct, IF all we are talking about is what happens WHEN a blueprint drops. But that’s not my point. I look at probability to drop a blueprint in MC vs Crucible and SR and the fact that chests in the latter two have a guaranteed chance to drop a blueprint.

2. I’m not arguing about game mechanics and neither am I trying to change anything. Just clarifying some of the aspects of the drops as per the OP’s concerns. I’m not complaining about RNG. Man I thought you were not part of this sweet American tunnel vision society. I see shadows on a cave wall. These shadows is all there is, heh?

^So far, Z is correct. And then, Lo!

^Enter the strawman argument!

Ok, back to the basics. I kill 20 heroes and open 20 normal chests in MC. Then 3 chests in SR. Which ones will have a higher probability to drop a new blueprint?

Irrelevant. Z was talking about what happens SHOULD the game’s loot table decide that a chest is going to drop a blueprint you already have.

I.e. the blueprint gets rerolled.

Obviously different chests differ in loot quality. Just like how different difficulties differ in drop rates.

Relevant to OP, who is trying to figure out a better way to farm rare sets. Irrelevant to you and Zantai, sure. I totally understand. But you aren’t going through a hard time trying to finish the build. So unless you have constructive suggestions for him, there’s no point arguing. Especially so, if there’s really no reason for that. The IF the game drops a blueprint, doesn’t help him. But my suggestion to farm chests that have guaranteed chance to drop a blueprint is his fastest way to obtain full sets and items that can be crafted.

I have no idea how my correcting your misleading statement about blueprint rerolling turned into this, but it has not had anything to do with the original thread for a while now, so it is now its own.

You falsely stated that blueprint drops reroll in Crucible/SR, unlike the campaign. This is just straight up untrue. You were corrected and then somehow started going off about relative probability of getting a new blueprint from Campaign content vs Crucible/SR, which has nothing to do with the original response at all.

I do hope this is the end of this nonsense.

3 Likes

@contragor: Firstly, what you just said is yet another strawman argument, because we have since moved on from the OP.

Secondly, I did give plenty of constructive advice.

Thirdly, Z did insinuate that different game modes have different drop rates…:

…which is entirely relevant to OP.

It also is entirely wrong… and the rest then went on about this

Yes. But this is ripped out of context. My comments were related to the other thread, where the OP was complaining about poor drop rates of rare items. Which is why I suggested to focus on blueprints as the fastest way to complete those sets. Which further brought us to the question of probability to farm blueprints in MC vs SR or Crucible. Where Zantai stated the obvious that IF a blueprint drops in MC, it has the same reroll mechanics as in SR or Crucible. Which is only part of the whole issue. In the end, the OP was looking to farm rare items more efficiently. So, if you look at overall chances to get a new blueprint in MC vs SR or Crucible, the difference is apparent. In MC you have to target specific areas like rogue dungeons and find a very efficient way to run them fast , to have a somewhat decent chance to get a new blueprint. In SR or Crucible you just finish your run and get a bunch of them in 5-10 min. I did a few hundreds of rogue dungeon runs vs SR and even recorded the stats. I was getting 5 to 10 times more blueprints in SR per hour. Now, the level of SR and Crucible plays a big role too. Hence the range.

That’s about it. Nothing to complain or argue about. Zantai clarified the fact that the game tries to roll a new blueprint same number of times in every mode.

Are we all on the same page now?

From the first post of the original thread:

The OP was complaining about what actually drops, not the poor drop rate. And Zantai’s original response was:

Again, you are making a straw man argument.

1 Like

Or maybe I’m making no argument at all because there isn’t any. You guys are trying to argue about something taken out of context. And refusing to look one level above the “if a blueprint drops” statement. Label me whatever you want and jump on any of my posts as an ultimate standalone statement, without following the entire conversation, and that’s what you get, wasted virtual space and time.

Anyhow. I’ve already provided my constructive suggestion to the OP in the other thread. Got nothing more to say to you in this thread.

I suppose the only reason why I got so invested in this is because of this statement you made:

“The Crucible/Shattered Realm/Campaign all use the same loot tables.”

Not trying to argue with you here. I’m just trying to make sure OP doesn’t get misinformation.

Because if what you said was indeed true, then wtf would be the benefit of farming SR or cruci?

Anywhoo, I’m done with this thread. :wave:

1 Like

In SR/Crucible you just kill shit that is thrown at you until you are awarded with loot. Didn’t get what you want? Repeat.

Campaign, you do your little run; you can do targeted farming for MI (which you will never find in a chest), you can hunt nemesis (or be hunted, to be thematic), etc. You finished your run and didn’t get what you want? Gotta restart the session and try again.

The loot tables are the (mostly) same, how you get the loot is different. Just because it’s the same doesn’t make one or the other obsolete. At least with SR/Crucible, you have the ability to just retry ad infinitum without restarting the session.

@Asylum101: I wasn’t trying to insinuate that one farming MO is better/worse than the other. It was a rhetorical question. I’m in complete agreement with you here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think you know what a straw man is if you think that a freaking dev stating a fact about the game he actively develops is a straw man.

This thread is going places.

I was saying Contragor was making a straw man argument, not Zantai.