Boatman of Styx — Bleeding Warder, CR <6m [g3][sr+][c+][vid]

so how do you exactly optimize for randomness of the shards? I tell you how, you don’t. You just throw on as many defenses as possible and pray for good RNG at boss chunks. Look at Chinese builds, they all look the same, all built for overdefense with Tree and Empyrion in devotions.

And why would you ever go and farm shards with Trickster to begin with? I am sorry, man, you have a very narrow understanding of endgame builds (again, don’t get offended, it’s not a bad thing, it is what it is) and how they work.

You should be really the last person, who tells somebody anything about “narrow understanding”. You have “your view” on things and if something is not your view…well, it can’t be “right”.

The chinese meta…well, is it better or worse than the hunt for Crucible-times? Are the builds worse? “Narrow view” I guess.

Really, man? I made over 30 endgame builds, that do everything: from dots to melee to casters to retaliation, Crucible, deep SR, Celestials, you name it. Believe me, my view on this game is anything but narrow.

I am not the one who is hunting for Crucible record builds. Building for pure speed is the same as building for “overdefense”, different end of the stick.

Again, man, you just don’t get it I am afraid.

It’s okay, it’s Christmas. I don’t get it because Grim Dawn is rocket science and well…how to argue with someone who said more than once he knows the game better as the developers? :yum:

I am an old man, I have limited lifetime to spent. There are more interesting things to do.

1 Like

So you can’t argue with @Heapheaus?

4 Likes

No, because you simply haven’t spent enough hours figuring out endgame, that’s it. Especially given how you limited yourself to Bleeding builds only. Anyone who spends enough hours doing that stuff can figure it out, it’s definitely not rocket science. I mean some people have thousands of hours of just playing the game while builders spend these hours figuring how to optimize different builds to endgame. Peace, old man.

oh god, please, no

Sorry @mad_lee, but as you said:
It’s not rocket science. And because I just play Bleeding Builds doesn’t mean I don’t understand the mechanics of other builds. I know how to use Grimtools as any person with over 2k hours in Grim Dawn so except for Pets and Retaliation which I really don’t care for I see how and why a build is performing.

1 Like

Exactly! But understanding mechanics of endgame builds and actually knowing how to make endgame builds work or why they work or don’t work is different. And as banal as it is it all comes down to many many many hours of testing stuff. Which I know you don’t do outside of Bleeding builds. And even when it comes to Bleeding builds I still remember how you refused to use Grasp of Unchained Might gloves on a Trickster simply because you wanted your Trickster to look different. When really it was a simple question of what is more efficient and Unchained Might is just a gamebreaking item for any Bleeding Trickster (it’s still bis for Trickster, right, @Shoot2033?)

So to sum it up, you just have to try and test out all of this stuff to understand what works better and what doesn’t. Look at the endgame builds created by me and other top-builders: most of them look so pretty and smart and efficient, but believe me, final build usually differs A LOT from initial idea drafted in Grimtools. Like sometimes the least obvious and intuitive item or devotion or skill combination works better. And that’s the beauty of Grim Dawn, because everyone has a chance to create something unique and really strong and efficient once that person puts enough hours and effort into it.

I didn’t refuse the gloves to look different, I never cared for Crucible Speed and took more RR and had to skip Living Shadows for it. Are they still BiS? There is not much to put in there but Epic Gloves but there aren’t many enemies in Crucible with high Bleeding Resistance so maybe you can even skip the 18 RR because you get 70+ from DS/Rend like Shoot did it here.

You can play with little to no resistance reduction, but question is, how efficient it would be.

Obviously value of Unchained Might on Trickster is insane, because it’s not just flat RR, it’s the ability to proc flat rr instantenously with a 100% chance and on an large area with one of your main attacking skills that you spam constantly. And secondly it’s freedom not to go for flat RR in devotions and take all the Bleeding stuff instead.

I’ve been summoned

6 Likes

The only reason I clicked on this topic now is because I saw “elitist jerk” avatar on last posted comment :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It´s easily explained why Warder performs better as Trickster if you take a closer look:

Soldier has the luxury to get enough Physique to wear BiS-Bleeding Pants without losing Armor Absorp and still can do massive Cunning Dumo. The combination of Military Conditioning, Veterancy and Scars of Battle is a luxury Trickster doesn´t have.

Blade Arc is not only good, it´s godly. You have to press the button once every 5 seconds and get a nuke, which results in 700/800K Ticks on Dummy. I got 900k with adding Bloody Whetstone. Now add Amatok and Prismatic Diamond (another luxury of Soldier, to wear Diamond and Sanctified Bone without a sweat)…

ADctH…not only that a 2H-Axe has high flat Physical Damage, it isn´t split up between Pierce/Physical like when using Bladesong.

So, the one thing where Trickster is better than Warder is: More sources to stack up. But this needs time and enemies where it makes sense. Crucible doesn´t have these enemies which live long enough…

Here is a Trickster with nearly the same devotion route like the Warder (put the remaining skill points where you like and change gloves, if you think it´s better). You can test it and compare it to Warder or with the more “classic” route with Living Shadows. Will it perform good? Oh, I think so…if it survives. Will it be better than Warder? No chance because Warder is well more suited to Crucible than Trickster. And you would have to buff skill modifiers to WPS to real insane numbers (perhaps even higher as they were before) to compete. And then, Trickster would be righteous OP again. Hell, I think even this Ritualist could perform faster in Crucible…if this was the “meta”.

I still prefer SoB over whetsone due to push 2 buttons (BA and skill for component) with not so good activation skills work and not so good character’s AS.
@mad_lee atm yes, but i think in the next patch RR on this gauntlets would be nerfed due to revealing secret information)))

Correct explanation, but already knew that. It used to be the other way around tho. #unnerfbloodsong2020

Yes, more nerfs to Bleeding Trickster, please. Crate can’t just bury it, they gotta piss on its grave too, right?

Even if you un-nerf Bloodsongs, Mythical Guillotine and therefore Warder would be better.

Blade Arc got good buffs for 2H, 1H can’t compete with it. How much flat bleeding should they get? 300+ each with skill modifiers of hell? Buff for Direwolf Claw to compete with Mark of Consumption?

Change RoS to hit with both weapons…then you have a nuke on Trickster. And it would be the better kiter.

If you remember, Trickster was doing 5 minute runs after Bloodrager set change. I don’t mind if Warder if faster or slower, I just want Trickster to be good again. It really struggles currently.

Of course, Zantai’s favourite would be “oh, but it does Crucible in 6-7 minutes, what’s the problem”. The problem is that Trickster is not consistent when it’s that slow. It just can’t hang long enough, it’s Trickster, it doesn’t have high armor or War Cry.

Iirc, @Shoot2033 did 5 minute runs with Trickster when he tested the different weapons. Will he do 5 minutes now? Yes, I think so. More risky than Warder, but still possible. Not with my specc, but that was never intended for Crucible.

And Trickster farms SR 75/76 reliably, so the argument for farming loot won’t hold.