Buffs v nerfs discussion - again

True. But maybe it helps putting things into perspective, and eventually let go and enjoy the game.

1 Like

well, I’m afraid I can only enjoy it again, when I know what 1.1.9.2 will … change. There are several … points, that I fear could be nerfed and nerfed hard based on what has been done before, and could kill this game for me.

I have reasons to NOT show off, what I am building, you know… I don’t want it to be nerfed.

Can relate, yes.

Quick, someone drag up the Zantai quote where he laughs at people that think they are hiding their builds from the person who put every item in the game.

But seriously, you haven’t even managed to clear the last bit of Crucible. What is it that you really think you are hiding again that better players long before you haven’t already achieved and more?

5 Likes

You mean the person who still admids to ‘oversights’ and ‘exploits’, you mean that very person, yes? YES?

Well, you are not a thorough reader, obviously… I tried FINISHING Crucible ONCE! ONCE! (btw, I found it to be a Warlock. Not a Conjurer…) I am using it currently only for speedleveling the first, sometimes also second quarter (levels 1-50) of my Char, 'cause I am not too fond of Arenamodes in general. AND I am still testing, learning…

Ähem… oversights and exploits? Maybe? Strange combinations, which work surprisingly well and I did NOT find in the buildcompendiums? But I wouldn’t call that hiding. Just keeping it to myself for the time being. Until either the third expansion comes up or GD developement is really finished. Which, as I hope, will take another 5 years of MOAR.

I play for immersion. For that I need story. While I do that I test and I learn. I am not playing this game for Science. But… in the End I will come up with the total optimum and yes, it is likely that this optimum has been found by someone else already. Difference between me and most yous is: I found it myself then, and with my own methods.

And then there’s this:

So, be a little less arrogant.

Indeed. Tell me again how this makes me not a thorough reader? You just made my point. Hide your builds but I’m willing to start taking bets with other people in this thread that you got nothing special enough to warrant hiding (or showing).

One day you will learn that this isn’t going to happen.

Also, here’s a great Zantai response where he touches upon people that think they are getting one over on him by “hiding” their “special” (lul) builds, among other things.

You do of course realize that a good majority of the prolific builders here “found” their builds themselves. With their own methods.

And don’t assume how many of us here play. I rarely ever follow anyone’s builds and if I do use someone’s build it is as a template primarily that I take in my own way.

1 Like

well, ONE Try and Level 163 in Gladiator, not even taken on the lower Diffs? I think that is not so bad? Man, was I running… [incorrect]

:rofl: Good answer!

Well at the Zantai Quote: several points he makes I totally agree with, but others I totally disagree. And well… there is also a little too much arrogance in his writings.

And mind you: all I said in the beginning, was to take into account personal Piloting Skills before nerfing seemingly overpowered builds. The rest of the thread came from a LOT of other people, which are obviously ‘genervt’ a lot by the constant nerfings.

Which I myself didn’t even criticise. Did that reach you finally?

Part of the reason I’ve stayed on this forum for, what is it now… 7 years? is because of that “arrogance”. But what it actually is is giving asshats their due and not taking their shit - and which continues to tally points for Zantai in my book.

I dunno what a ‘genervt’ is. But “constant nerf complaints” make me laugh anyway. I want to see someone make a thread of all the constant buffing they’ve been doing instead.

There is nothing in here that hasn’t reached me. The internet is a wonderful invention. Beats having to go to the library like we did back in the day.

Well, as a Master-Empath I can totally empathetically understand that :roll_eyes: , but from a professional point of view… but this discussion is not really relevant to me.

means ‘annoyed’, but the german word fits well to ‘nerf’, so…

I am serious, don’t ask me why though.

Got this one really? I hope so.

LOL @ this thread.
How many loops is this?
Progress made?

2 Likes

That just increases the score even more.

notenough

I dunno about progress but it’s going about as well as predicted at the beginning.

Loop Hero vibes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did not get ignored enough the last time? Have to quote yourself to get ignored even more?

I’m going to take a leaf out of Zantai’s book

Stick to the topic, assuming we even have one at this point.

from my point of view this thread ‘kann zu’.

We don’t have one. It’s pretty much like most of the others. It can probably be locked because his only “point” supposedly is to take into account “pilot skills”. I bet Zantai never thought of that :smirk:

I’m taking it

Cmon, we indeed were entertained, right? At least :wink:

1 Like

powbam in nutshell

5 Likes

Oh, it’s about time, Praetorians selling the empire to the highest bidder like it’s Ancient Rome :nerd_face:

1 Like