Buffs v nerfs discussion - again

well, ONE Try and Level 163 in Gladiator, not even taken on the lower Diffs? I think that is not so bad? Man, was I running… [incorrect]

:rofl: Good answer!

Well at the Zantai Quote: several points he makes I totally agree with, but others I totally disagree. And well… there is also a little too much arrogance in his writings.

And mind you: all I said in the beginning, was to take into account personal Piloting Skills before nerfing seemingly overpowered builds. The rest of the thread came from a LOT of other people, which are obviously ‘genervt’ a lot by the constant nerfings.

Which I myself didn’t even criticise. Did that reach you finally?

Part of the reason I’ve stayed on this forum for, what is it now… 7 years? is because of that “arrogance”. But what it actually is is giving asshats their due and not taking their shit - and which continues to tally points for Zantai in my book.

I dunno what a ‘genervt’ is. But “constant nerf complaints” make me laugh anyway. I want to see someone make a thread of all the constant buffing they’ve been doing instead.

There is nothing in here that hasn’t reached me. The internet is a wonderful invention. Beats having to go to the library like we did back in the day.

Well, as a Master-Empath I can totally empathetically understand that :roll_eyes: , but from a professional point of view… but this discussion is not really relevant to me.

means ‘annoyed’, but the german word fits well to ‘nerf’, so…

I am serious, don’t ask me why though.

Got this one really? I hope so.

LOL @ this thread.
How many loops is this?
Progress made?

2 Likes

That just increases the score even more.

notenough

I dunno about progress but it’s going about as well as predicted at the beginning.

Loop Hero vibes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did not get ignored enough the last time? Have to quote yourself to get ignored even more?

I’m going to take a leaf out of Zantai’s book

Stick to the topic, assuming we even have one at this point.

from my point of view this thread ‘kann zu’.

We don’t have one. It’s pretty much like most of the others. It can probably be locked because his only “point” supposedly is to take into account “pilot skills”. I bet Zantai never thought of that :smirk:

I’m taking it

Cmon, we indeed were entertained, right? At least :wink:

1 Like

powbam in nutshell

5 Likes

Oh, it’s about time, Praetorians selling the empire to the highest bidder like it’s Ancient Rome :nerd_face:

1 Like

The nerve of a dev who spent 7+ years adding constant content to a project he dedicated his life and money to refining - and listened to thousands of forum pages of discussion and drama and countless more hours listening to playtesters to bring the game to where it is today - speaking authoritatively on his own work.

THE ABSOLUTE NERVE!

Okay, I’m going to actually address the OP since I didn’t bother to actually read it yesterday.

1. This is just patently incorrect: in fact, a good proportion of “killer builds” posted actually get better performance between patches. People don’t bother thanking the devs for giving them years of solid playtime with over 300 build possibilities (yes, I counted and catalogued them, that number’s not an exaggeration).

2. The biggest complaints tend to come after a skill / class combo that has very few viable options gets hit because of a patch change and ruins the identity of that skill. Main example of that is Wildblood nerfs that hit people hard because Grasping Vines wasn’t a particularly good skill in the past. That was changed so that the skill itself got buffed - no word as to whether that was sufficient to bring Wildblood back.

3. Additionally, people take much bigger issue with leaving egregiously broken things untouched/ lightly tapped while nitpicking and nerfing things that were comparatively benign, such as nerfing Cyclone set for Elementalists while converted-Physical Retaliation Warlords were still getting low-4 Crucible and sub-minute Celestial kills.

4. People leave the game / forums for many reasons outside of nerfs. A new game comes out, people get tired of playing the same game for multiple years, life gets in the way. Only a handful of people got actually banned, and that was because of years and years of posting consistently negative comments about how the devs (+ the Praetorians who actually test things in tough Crucible environments like Superfluff and Valinov before the patches come out) don’t know anything about their own game and don’t actually contribute to balancing discussions by doing any testing other than “this build doesn’t give me big e-peen.”

Come again?

Lemme in before this gets closed

This is coming from the guy who, just a little over a week ago, did not understand how skill points were distributed. Yes your builds are totally worth nerfing at this point in time. You’ll probably get better in the future and I sure do. At least at that point your statements will have a bit more weight in it.

Yeah yeah I also finished 1-170 (yes the DA meta 170) the day it released without any buffs and banners using an aether devastaion battlemage way before DA abuse was popularized by the chinese.

I’m just gonna enjoy my :popcorn:

2 Likes

What’s there not to understand? You do not understand what I asked and why. But that’s fine with me, I don’t care. You are a prime example of a person not worth more time since your Crucible whining…

And?

The reason I do not play anymore devastation setups is … this!

I will continue with my ‘absurd setups’, that’s more fun.

Btw, it’s not the build I am worried about but certain setups I use to make testing stuff easier. Yes, everything based on what is currently allowed in game. If these options are gone, I will have a lot harder time testing.

But again, this thread was about Piloting skills and taking them into account when nerfing.

Everything else that came up here wasn’t my intention. But interesting nonetheless.

You guys are unfathomably arrogant because of your skills in a game? I’m impressed…

What skills beyond being reasonably intelligent and able to understand how the game functions do you need?

As for arrogance - I’ve been seeing you posting prolifically these past days here and my observation was that if anyone is arrogant it is certainly you. I don’t mind, per se, but it is an observation.

4 Likes

Piloting Skills? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No. I am just ‘genervt’ and REACT to arrogance in a proper way. That is all.