Build 21 introduces Arcanist class and caster weapons!

Yes, it could work for a Soldier/Arcanist build as a name too. But Nightblade seemed more apt to me with the dual wield and phantasmal blades skills.

I don’t have a problem with “Battlemage.” I came across a discussion about alternate names for fighter/mages here, though. And there’s the trope page, of course. There’s probably something less Nazi on one of those.

And there was I thinking Star Wars.

Well, they were the bad guys in Star Wars, so Nazi connotations were fine. But I don’t particularly want to play something called a “stormtrooper” myself.

There’s a horrible four letter word meaning fighter-mage that rhymes with dish.

whats this word ?

That confused me too. It seems to be “gish.”

What actually changed? Anyone got some pics? I cant play at the moment to see for myself.:cry:

It’s mostly color/shade tweaks on the skillbar/exp bar area.

:rolleyes:
Jebess will you never learn to read?

I Never said that it was mentioned in Build 21…

But since you brought it up, it was mentioned in Build 18 back in April

The first section of Act III, the Jagged Waste, which leads into Homestead, the Act III “town,” is nearly finished but missing quests and points of interest. The basic layout of the survivor enclave in Homestead is done and build-out has begun on the farmland around it. We should be able to show off some early screenshots in the next month or two.

Now that was 6 months ago , and since then I’ve been waiting…
But I see they took a side street in the development path redoing the game with the multi-player, new character, new difficulty option and adding in some new quests.

All of which is fine I suppose it’s just that I would have rather seen Act III before all of the other stuff was done.

Then you may not be happy that the next build (1-2 weeks away) is a Quality of Life build, like expanded stash.

Sometime after that will be the first part of Act 3. If I had to guess, probably before year end, but don’t hold me to that.

No we didn’t. Act 3 has been in development this entire time. The people building act 3 are for the most part not the same people adding multiplayer and other various things.

It’s on the way. It’s not like there has ever been a discussion about whether we are going to work on multiplayer OR act 3. These things may take time, but they do happen simultaneously.

I think it’s within good reason some people are a bit frustrated with the lack of a Act III yet, i mean it’s been 8 months,we can only run Act 2 but so many times in the span of nearly a year. I seriously hope it’s a good amount of playtime with the time it’s taken to put it together because were in need of some solid replayable content.

Hell, it would be nice to throw another kickstarter to hire some more man power because you guys are already so deep into this now, why not swing for the fence because content is good right now, there’s about a good 15-18 hours of solid content, not including replay value and that’s only 1-30. This is a bigger ARPG compared to a lot of others, Diablo 3 playthrough was like… 4-6 hours? Max?

It’s been a very long dev cycle but also due to enlarging the scope of the game and making it larger. I think we understand that

I really wish you guys didn’t waste and resources into that silly constitution and dismantling system, i for one think it’s just useless as ever. Dynamite is a bit hard to come by only to blow up a Epic and get materials you can get easily elsewhere.

queue the fanbois that disagree - Because i know you will

Yeah…cause new tech is totally why Act 3 is not out yet. :rolleyes:

Both of those features serve an important purpose, even if you don’t care for them.

I’m all for interesting tech and that wasn’t exactly what i was trying to say, maybe it was that i rather see resources better spent elsewhere then on something that just doesn’t really add depth for me as a player or that’s really not interesting, maybe it was something you guys thought the game really needed.

Hell i’d much rather of seen a increased stash space or somewhere to put my 100’s of crafting materials instead of dismantling or constitution and i bet, most of the players/testers here would agree with that.

I love Grim Dawn, it’s one of the few games i’m so passionate about. I just want it to be great and i want a reason to play, just 8 months running the same thing will get boring to anybody.

We understand the frustration, but that is an inevitable side-effect of playing a game that is actively being worked on. :undecided:

In the instance you are bringing up, we can’t make Act 3 come any faster by telling a programmer to suddenly to design work. If anything, that might set things back! :stuck_out_tongue:

The stash will see several improvements in B22.

Thanks for even responding to me Zan, i’m flattered that you even read my stuff.

As much as it seems like im complaining, i actually love Grim Dawn and i have gotten 3 other friends to purchase the game in the state it’s in. Were all waiting…patiently as possible lol.

Keep up the great work

I’m still waiting for Act 5 “Rook’s Revenge” :wink:

8 months is nothing, I have been waiting since way before this game was even on Kickstarter, and I have yet to play a single second because I only want to play the full version. But I still come back here periodically to see if this will ever be done. Sounds like I still have a wait ahead of me…

I wouldn’t wait to play this game. It’s the best investment I’ve made in some time and am really enjoying this game. Can’t wait until build 22 to expand my stash as I’m a bad hoarder and hate to sell items due to not having enough inventory space.

I don’t play multi-player and prefer just to play solo. My main wish is for act III to become available but I understand issues with funding that’s for sure.

Keep up the great work and really look forward to what lies ahead with this game. It’s the game I find myself playing the most often lately.

Any update on if we’ll see b22 before the end of the month? Or any hints as to what changes/updates/fixes we’ll see in it?