Build 27: Shaman Mastery and Balance Update

Weekend update???

YOU ARE DA BEST s2 s2 s2

I have to say, I’m not a big fan of many of the balance changes with this patch. My hybrid chaos/physical witchblade that uses cadence and SoC was hit particularly hard - and it wasn’t OP to begin with. Can’t equip some gear because of the changes to requirements. Lost some 1+ skills to mastery and replaced with other 1+ to individual skills (some of which are not useful at all, like overguard on a dual wield character). Not enough free skill points to make up for these changes without rerolling or waiting for the level cap to increase. Attack speed reduced. Life leach reduced. I could go on.

Don’t mean to sound negative, but many of these changes seem more extreme than I was expecting and may limit build diversity. Hybrid magic/physical melee characters are my favorite (especially witch hunters and witchblades), but I’m having a hard time theorycrafting a hybrid melee build that will be as effective now. I guess it’s time to consider running a blademaster like everyone else now.

>People complain about lack of trauma damage on items
>We get more trauma damage on items
>People complain about too much trauma damage on items
>meme arrows

:smiley:

Can we get ability to see base damage of the skills back? Really. It can be done with some hotkey pressed like it was done with dps comparison without components.

Great update again, just to notice in char2 tab-all skill shaman mising? is bug or this will come leater?

Yeap all my hybrid builds have been cut down to pretty much average. I will try to save them where I can, but 5000+ DPS seems hard now on a hybrid build. Though really 3500 - 4000 DPS is more than enough to still get by.

In their defense something like the death ward needed to be cut down, it was BIS for any build that included a night blade and nothing came even close.

Good catch, thanks. Will fix.

[/li]
East Marsh was beautiful, especially the higher grounds. Thank you!

[/li]
This was great to find out which skills that actually did do the most numbers. Is it possible to do a little change to the resistances tooltip too? I’d like to know how high above 80% I am. Would make it easier to know if I should trade off a little of a particular resistance for another.

you guys are late for my birthday :smiley: nice one, crate

That’s a lot of work guys. Gladly appreciate all the efforts you put in.

I, personally, got mixed feelings about this patch. There are plenty of changes which are truly in favor of balance and QoL. While there are others, which invited the power creep in.

Broken builds aside, it’s alpha anyway.

Shaman class will be fun to check out

My Perfect 16% Warp Shard went down to 8% :frowning:

It’s the only life leech i have at all now.

Loving everything about this patch right now…

Also, has anyone else noticed that the main map (when you press Tab and click Local Map or when you click on a rift portal) has increased in size on the upper part?

This can only mean something good :rolleyes:

Death Ward could have had the cold damage reduced. Outright removing the cold damage made it about useless for a hard to find epic.

I made the switch to an Avarice of Adroneus. The +1 all skills is more useful to help my current problems than anything else.

Happened at 12:30 am in Romania.
Over 1200 players online.
Great times!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oh boy, after spending the whole day helping a friend to move to his new appartment, coming back home to see B27 has been released is the best reward I could ever get.

[s]You forgot to mention the change you made to Blitz.

If I have a shield, I no longer run to a target, I can only hit people within melee distance?

What? I do not like this change.

eta: like, i really, really don’t like this change. I no longer have a dash! Actually I went Soldier/Nightblade, so I still have Shadow Strike…

OMFG YOU BROKE SHADOWSTRIKE!
Lol oops! Also devs, please give me my dash back from Blitz, but I’m assuming since I can’t use ShadowStrike as a dash anymore either…?[/s]

There was no such change. There is a bug however if you trying to use melee skills with side mouse buttons(m4/m5). Bind it to something else and it will work fine.

i went to Bug report and found this
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=258867&posted=1#post258867

Ok redacted :3

Congrats! Just tried it last night with ward blank char file.

Just one thing i notice at the moment. Locust might need improvement on visual clarity. Hardly noticed the attack route even at max setting.