Build 28 Hotfix 1 Changelog

Yay for Turtle Shell change! :smiley:

Just the ones affected (I assume it’s one character), and please include a description of how the factions changed.

Ops, send again, with all detailed only my char affected

Will a fix for the lost points from military conditioning happen? I have two characters that have lost two skill points permanently as of now. I would hate to have to remake them just to get those points back.

You can send your character to [email protected] and I will refund you the lost skill points (I’ll need the entire _CharacterName folder). These are the risks of playing Early Access though. :eek:

Alt/Tab takes back to desktop. In fact, GD is “running” on the black screen. Use Ctrl/Alt/Del to end.
C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Local\Temp\Grim Dawn (2).DM
Dump file

Ready sent it right this time and detailed . from already thank you for support.

thanks for update. :smiley:

Fixed character sent back, thanks. Please ensure you game is fully patched - verify files in Steam if you didn’t notice the 6mb patch downloading.

He returned my point of faction , thx Rhis very fast your support

Was hoping the hf would have done something about the stuttering i get from the world constantly loading, but i think i may be waiting a bit longer it seems. Anyways nice job as always on speedy hotfixes

I thought this was just a behavior of Windows. Any time I run a game in fullscreen mode I have this happen when I alt tab, without exception. Running in windowed fullscreen fixes the issue for me. You might double check your display options and verify which mode you’re using.

Ok for the sake of PURE pet classes everywhere this is how you would FIX these:

Bysmiel’s Command - increased activation rate, reduced rank 1 cooldown, cooldown scales to same value at rank 15 as before, increased damage of summoned pet. Can now proc on pet abilities such as Emberclaw.
Ghoulish Hunger - now activates at 30% health. Reduced rank 1 cooldown to 50s, cooldown scales to same value at rank 20 as before
Howl of Mogdrogen - increased activation rate
Messenger of War - now activates at 30% health
Shepherd’s Crook - increased activation rate, reduced cooldown to 6s and duration to 4s, increased bonuses so it’s more of a burst to pet bonuses rather than a sustained effect, a call to defend you. Can now proc on pet abilities such as Emberclaw.

Would like to see Ulzuin relic redesigned again. The current iteration is relatively useless for ranged classes. Could be more dynamic. Doesn’t have to be what it was [even though what it was…was awesome], but could see some redesign. Maybe change some of the damage to lightning if you’re worried about flat scaling, since the relic should be valuable to lightning based demolitionists as well.

It doesn’t make much sense that pets will “shepherd” themselves into action, you know :slight_smile:

On a more serious note, this is not how you fix it either. The best fix for pure summoners would be a review of aggro system so that summoners could have ways of attacking without immediately drawing all aggro on themselves. The entire concept of a summoner just STANDING around and not attacking because of aggro issues is merely a creative workaround and should eventually be reworked.

Notice how it doesn’t have anything to do with devotion. As soon as summoners will be able to attack themselves (if only to trigger devotion skills), the problem will resolve itself.

Actually the point of a summoner is to SUMMON pets who do his fighting for him, if he casts a spell it’s to buff/heal the pets. The reason he does not attack is you DONT SPEND POINTS on attack skills. period, otherwise you’re a hybrid.

So it has everything to do with devotion. “On Attack” for pure summoner is just broken. there’s no reason in the world it shouldn’t proc on pet attacks… the ability still has a global CD. bam done fixed.

Even without aggro, you may not be specced as a tank either- stepping into mob AOE just to throw a few zero damage hits and hope you proc an ability that only affects your pets is not a solution. A good summoner is circling the fight directing where his pets attack while healing/buffing them. He’s not attacking the mobs with his hands.

Proc on pet attacks. done.

Crate has consistently discouraged “builds-that-play themselves” in skill design and balance passes. This is why old Night’s Chill had it’s damage brought down so you could no longer kill 95% of the mobs in the game by walking near them and why you see many of the pet focused Devotion skills requiring the player to attack.

I’m pretty sure there’s nothing to “fix” here, the effect is intended. Even if you were to allow Shepard’s Crook and Bysmiel’s Command to proc on pet attacks, it wouldn’t make any sense - the former would give your pet a pet and the latter would only buff the stats of that one pet’s pets. And your pet’s pets would scale with it’s pet buffs and not yours.

The popular “let-pets-do-everything-just-pick-up-loot” builds clash with the Devotion system’s design philosophy, though I get the feeling at least part of the reason why they haven’t been overhauled is precisely because they are so popular.

You can argue that it’s a legitimate playstyle, and maybe you’re right, but the direction of game design would suggest that Crate has been pushing builds to be more active rather than passive for quite some time now.

To each his own, but… I honestly can’t see the fun in playing with a character that depends on summons for everything… I mean, you’re not even using a component skill for attacking so that you can at least add a Devoton skill to it?

Eh… definitely wouldn’t stand playing a character like that…

Some players like having their pets do all the dirty work for them. Though, it is understandable if having a character be completely passive can be very boring. However, dedicating yourself to a pure pet build can open up opportunity of making yourself be tanky since you do not have to worry about dealing damage, so you can focus a lot more on the defensive end to be less squishy while improving the pets with the pet bonus on gears.

Now if you want to take a more active role as a pure pet builder, it is best to have some debuff skills to weaken the mobs, and the bosses to some extent, to make your pet have a much easier time. As long as you are not dealing damage, you can still be a pure pet build with having debuff skills in disposable. Totems is another option too, but not sure at this point it will be a pure pet build. Performing these type of actions, make you have a more active role in the build.

The idea is that you do not have to be completely passive in a pure pet build. The options are there, it depends on how you want to approach that type of build. Each type builds have their own moments of not being what they ought to be.

Melee builds to me always have risks of being jumped by every type of mobs in the game since they have to be in their face to deal damage, so you either have to deal enough damage (be it single-targeting or AoE related melee skills) to kill them before they kill you, be very tanky at the cost of dealing less dmg (still be at risk, but not too much), or a bit of both.

Ranged builds (non-caster or caster) to me always have risks of dying from the big hits. In most cases, ranged builds tend to be really squishy by its nature, so the focus is avoidance, dealing a lot of damage, and kiting. Stepping on DoTs puts them at an enormous risk already, and you cannot give any opportunity to be overwhelmed, so you must always have an escape route prepared. When it comes to dealing damage, you want to deal a lot of damage, so crit is important, or the other option is to shoot multiple projectiles at once (pseudo-AoE) to be able to take down everything quickly. Though, it is important to be able to a good amount of attack speed or cast speed, depending on the build, to be able to attack as fast as possible.

In the end, all builds can be fun and not fun at the same time. It just depends which side of the spectrum of the build you are in that will determine you overall experience in the game.

Today after the patch playing my summoner in SoT I noticed my pets doing crits with 1.15x multiplier instead of usual 1.25x, is that some bug or ninja nerf? Or something I don’t know of?