Build 9 - Brief Summary

Thanks for the information about the Canges:) keep it up
Jarro

I had the same thing happen, it didn’t patch automatically. Easily solved by fully exiting out of steam, then relaunching it.

I want to echo that I really miss level scaling :frowning: I prefer killing mobs that mean something… I understand some people enjoy wandering around blowing meaningless stuff up for fun, but for me? I’d prefer killing mobs that drop items.

I think it’s a case of damned if you do, damned if you dont… but to me, without level scaling the game now has a lot of “dead areas” that are useless.

Bullseye! Bingo! Ditto! What Shoganai is so true now.

that why it needs to have a toggle or slider to choose, as I also liked it the old way, but the new way is good too if you want to quickly go to a area to test stuff, so we need a toggle, as the game is pretty easy in many areas now

I like the level scale slider, but how about make it an option once you’ve completed a certain task. So, in my mind it would be an option for game play that unlocks upon killing the boss of an area, like the Warden.

The benefit of this would be that you can go back before you’ve completed the objective and essentially ‘farm up’ so that you can complete the objective. You complete the objective, and an option to scale the monsters to whatever level you feel comfortable with up to your current maximum level. This will give you essentially control over difficulty and loot in that one area (Assuming that level and loot scale with each other).

I’m sure there are tweeks that could make this idea even more viable. Just something I bounced off the slider idea.

Edit - Oh yea, also alow for diversity of other monsters after being able to scale and ‘discovering’ new monsters in ‘other’ places…lol, that’d be pretty interesting to have a slider for as well :o

that sounds even better, and makes you work for the option to unlock, but still a toggle would be good so that you have a choice,

Regarding the level scaling, keep in mind that you are currently focused entirely on a 1-25 level range of what will ultimately be a 1-50 game experience, which will include additional difficulties with new level ranges for areas.

I’m sure that as the game is closer to completion scaling will become more clear and that right now it’s nothing more than ‘alpha angst’ :slight_smile:

I personally don’t mind the current scaling, especially since the game is still in alpha.

Anyways, thanks for the post, and the work! You guys make me so squishy on the inside. :open_mouth:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I like the idea that once yo’ve beaten a certain fragment of GD, you could have an option to play it with monsters fully scaling to your level. This would encourage players to play whichever fragments they like most and have a suitable challange by doing so (and get suitable loot and experience).

for the final game, that would be fine, but for alpha a choice would be great,

Let’s pretend I’m Evil Medierra for a second.

Clears throat

Yes, let’s spend our limited time and resources implementing a feature for an alpha build that we will later disable for the full release. Top notch use of our programmers.

Personally I didn’t have a problem with the level-up notification previously and could see how others might miss the notification. We can’t say Crate doesn’t listen to their fans as they have definitely made the level-up sound distinct as of b9. Unfortunately I find the new notification gong annoying and actually makes leveling unpleasant. I realize that you can’t please all the people but I would prefer the level-up notification be closer to the b8 version rather than the b9 version.

Thank you Crate for all your hard work.

omg guys, we are asking too much - this game will never hit beta at this rate.

Thanx for the update Zantai! :wink:

Lol… love how you guys have an account just to be blunt and mess with the players. Kinda like a scapegoat which everyone knows is sarcastic when it comes to communication.

Nailed it. :smiley:
I’d really like to see level scaling in the final release version. Starting maybe at the beginning of elite difficulty, but since GD’s alpha has just begun, i don’t mind the lowered level caps that much at the moment.

Level scaling isn’t that important in the first two difficulty modes, but it makes gameplay in general and especially farming more interesting after you’ve beaten the highest difficulty because you can play wherever you want and still potentially get got loot.
D3 had actually been on a good way until they decided that another steep difficulty curve was needed in inferno -.-

Anyways, i’m rather impressed that changes based on community feedback have already been built into the alpha.

I just hope the next step for camera rotation is a sensitivity slider in the options menu. The current rotation speed is far too slow for me.

Level 50 cap? I thought it was 200? Or is that with all future expansions?

I think D3 has a good fix for this issue with Monster Power. Maybe GD could have a slider bar in the options for “Level Scaling” where the closer the bar is to MAX the closer the mobs are to your level. There could even be an “Eleven” setting where mobs are over your level!