Build 9 - Brief Summary

Thanks for the update! And the N on the minimap :D!

Zantai, I don’t know what you folks did, but thanks. The micro-stuttering is gone on my end, and the occasional hangs/lag is also gone, but my frame rate drops quite a bit now (I know, the game has not yet been optimized, so thats a later fix).

Great work.

I think the people concerned about level scaling are forgetting a couple of points:

a) There IS scaling. It’s just capped. It was capped before the patch too, but the cap was higher.

b) There are two more difficulty levels which are not available yet. The people who want a harder challenge will find it there. Or, if not…

c) Mods. We already have difficulty mods, less than a week after alpha release, so I don’t think there’ll be any paucity of choices down the road. In a moddable game, the devs don’t really HAVE to include a slider for every playstyle :wink:

Highlighted the important part people seem to forget.

Thanks for the post.

There is also hardcore mode, for those that think the game is too easy! The ultimate challenge!

Ugh, don’t remind me. First time playing through I saw a group of Cold Ones.

I will keep my ghost of an Occulist there forever as a reminder.

In order to break a trend of only the people who have a problem with it saying anything, I’d like to say that I like the new level scaling, and I greatly appreciate not needing to walk all the way back from the sanctuary to my grave if I die. Both were the right calls.

Well the scaling was always there, it’s just been lowered to normal levels. The only reason why it seemed like even the starting zombies outside of town were your level, was to keep alpha fresh. It makes sense, most people would blow through the starting zones and hardly ever be checked for bugs or other strange behaviors.

And I agree on your second part, I’d rather enemies regen more then taking five minutes to run all the way back to where I died. Having a portal outside of boss room is rather nice. Personally I would have all monsters regen all of their health rather then just a portion, but that’s just the masochist in me. :wink:

Anyway, excellent alpha so far.
And don’t forget the good example of Soldak’s games: the more options, the better.

Is there actually a full patch notes list?

I was wondering the same myself.

I agree there needs to be a full patch notes, otherwise people won’t know what is fixed or not,

I miss a full patch notes list too. How am I to help check if a bug actully is fixed if I don’t know if the bug is supposed to be fixed or not?

"Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect… " - Demolitionist

There will be patch notes for future patches. We just needed to work out the details of putting them together.

Research game mechanics, please. You need more Offensive Ability on your gear.

490 isnt enough? Shut your mouth, thanks.

Hey, bro! How about you not make anymore worthless bitch posts containing 1 word repeated 20 times? K, thanks!

hey just wondering whats in this new patch 103.3 meg ? build 10 ? thanks ?.

wondering what is fixed too, one thing I can say is that scrap does now stack in the stash, so that is one bug at least fixed, but Im still seeing some major lag in combat mind, but I guess that issue will remain with us for some time