Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

Mastery skills need to be mentioned regardless, item skills should be mentioned if it’s an active skill you’re actually using or a WPS. Passive skills that come from items may be omitted since I’ll purge them anyway. This is my current practice. The compendium’s state and rules didn’t catch up to it yet.

• [2H Melee] [1.1.5.1] (cr+) (sr) (vid) A Knight of the Round Table - 2H Pierce Blademaster (afanasenkov26)

• Damage: Piercing
    • Active Skills: Blade Arc, Blitz, Ring of Steel, Nadaan’s Strike, ABB, Pneumatic Burst, Blade Spirit, Blade Barrier
    • Passive Skills: Field Command, Oleron’s Rage, Veil of Shadow
1 Like

[2H Ranged] [1.1.5.1] (cr+) (vid) Harbinger 2H Ranged Purifier (Nery)

• Damage: Chaos
  • Active Skills: Fire Strike, Inquisitor Seal, Storm Box of Elgoloth, Word of Renewal, Word of Pain, Termite Mine, Displacement
  • Passive Skills: Aura of Conviction, Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Flame of Gar’dal, Severed Faith
  • WPS Skills: Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Storm Spread, Burning Void, Shadowflame

[Caster] [1.1.5.1] (mi) (cr+) (sr+) (vid) Biting Blades Lord Opressor (Nery)

• Damage: Vitality, Vitality Decay
  • Active Skills: Biting Blades, Ravenous Earth, Bone Harvest, Judgement, Ascension, Mark of Torment, Displacement, Summon Guardian of Empyrion
  • Passive Skills: Spectral Binding, Path of the Three, Presence of Virtue, Blood Rite, Azragorian Tactics, Eldritch Ruminations
1 Like

It’s Conj Up

1 Like

@Stupid_Dragon I got 2 (two) questions:

1. Why isn’t the thread stickied as it used to? It’s kinda silly to go looking for the most important thread in the forums under 20 threads like “Are my negative resistances really the reason why I’m dying all the time?” or “I don’t know I can refund devotions so whatever shall I do.”

2. What if I want to post two different setups or variations of a build in one thread? For example green and no-green. Is there a way to make a note out of this in a compendium entry?

Because all 3 compendiums are stickied here

Or just bookmark the compendium.

Sorry to spam but all I got stickied under Grim Dawn/Classes, Skills and Builds is Zantai’s “Behave!” thread:

Hm, in which case I think you can pin/sticky it for your own personal use in discourse.

Okay, check now if the build compendiums thread is pinned for you.

This depends a lot on whether our idea of what’s a different setup are aligned.

It is possible and was done before, e.g. most of Nandi’s submissions are like that since his threads had a comparison between 2-3 classes with the same concept - obviously it makes no sense otherwise. Before him builds by Tz Tz were also treated like that, who also liked to stuff multiple very different builds into a single thread, e.g. a FoI purifier and Obliteration purifier.

Switching some of the non-key pieces to greens and slightly rearranging devotions does not count as a different enough build here, more like the same build that is a bit differently optimized. It needs to be different to the degree where builds use two different sets, or one build uses a set while the other uses a mix of non-set pieces and greens.

When it comes to tagging builds my approach always was to spot the “main” build. Usually people who post green builds only include the non-green version as an extra.

I’m a bit on the fence about what to do if two builds aren’t that different but each was tested extensively with a lot of videos and performance info. That situation simply didn’t happen yet. Is this your case?

• [Caster] [1.1.5.1] (mi) (cr+) (vid) The Ray of Lies - Pure Chaos AAR Sorcerer (Plasmodermic)

• Damage: Chaos
    • Active Skills: Albrecht’s Aether Ray, Thermite Mine, Blackwater Cocktail, Devastation, Will of the Fallen Kings, Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification
    • Passive Skills: Reckless Power, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Vindictive Flame, Severed Faith, Blood Rite
1 Like

Glad to see this thread is still going strong, I have a bunch of builds I still want to try out!

Update

• [DW Melee] [1.1.5.1] (sr+) (vid) Lindsey Naegle | Paladin | Cold EoR | Dungeons | SR 85 (omnitrio)

• Damage: Cold, Frostburn
    • Active Skills: Eye of Reckoning, Word of Renewal, Rune of Hagarrad, Inquisitor Seal, Vire’s Might, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Ascension
    • Passive Skills: Deadly Aim, Aura of Censure, Presence of Virtue, Resilience
1 Like

[Caster] [1.1.5.2] (mi) (cr) (vid) Spamming DEE Sentinel (Nery)

• Damage: Acid, Poison
  • Active Skills: Dreeg’s Evil Eye, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Bloody Pox, Judgement, Ascension, Displacement, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Vire’s Might
  • Passive Skills: Path of the Three, Presence of Virtue, Eldritch Ruminations

[Caster] [1.1.5.2] (mi) (cr+) (vid) Aether PRM Krieg’s Spellbinder (Nery)

• Damage: Aether
  • Active Skills: Panetti’s Replicating Missile, Aether Corruption, Ill Omen, Devastation, Callidor’s Tempest, Nullification, Mark of Torment, Mirror of Ereoctes, Displacement
  • Passive Skills: Reckless Power, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Spectral Binding

[Caster] [1.1.5.2] (cr+) (vid) Set the arena on fire - Infernal Tome of Atonement Pyromancer (Nery)

• Damage: Fire, Burn
  • Active Skills: Stormfire, Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg, Sigil of Consumption, Blackwater’s Cocktail, Termite Mine, Blazing Eruption, Displacement
  • Passive Skills: Possession, Vindictive Flame, Flame Touched
1 Like

Hi hello good morning

• [Caster/Melee] [1.1.5.1] (g3-5) (c+) (sr+) (vid) DW Morgoneth Shadow Strike Infiltrator (ya1)

• Damage: Cold, Frostburn
    • Active Skills: Shadow Strike, Storm Box of Elgoloth, Amarasta Blade Burst, Ring of Steel, Pneumatic Burst, Word of Renewal, Amatok’s Breath, Icechill
    • Passive Skills: Aura of Censure, Veil of Shadows, Deadly Aim, Blade Spirit, Chilled Weapons x2
    • WPS: Belgothian’s Shears, Amarasta’s Quick Cut, Whirling Death, Execution
1 Like

[Retal Caster] [1.1.5.1] (mi) (cr+) (sr+) (vid) THE Z U C C - Phys Retal DE Oppressor (x1x1x1x2)

• Damage: Physical Retaliation
  • Active Skills: Drain Essence, Ravenous Earth, Judgment, Ascension, Displacement, Mark of Torment
  • Passive Skills: Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Divine Mandate, Presence of Virtue, Might of Beronath, Spectral Binding, Azragorian Tactics

Dragon, zucc got updated!, Would be great to update here too.

Edit: damn format got borked. It’s basically just version from 1.1.4.2 to 1.1.5.2, then cr tag to cr+ and sr+

1 Like
  • [Caster] [1.1.5.2] (sr) (vid) Red Devil (vizix)

• Damage: Vitality, Vitality decay
    • Active Skills: Blood of Dreeg, Bloody Pox, Sigil of Consumption, Siphon Souls, Ill Omen, Mark of Torment, Displacement, Bone Harvest, Curse of Frailty
    • Passive Skills: Possession, Spectral Binding, Soleal’s Witchfire, Seal of Might(2x)
    • WPS Skills: None
1 Like

UP

• [DW Ranged] [1.1.5.2] (sr+) (vid) Janey Powell | Paladin | Gunslinger | Dungeons | SR 85 (omnitrio)

• Damage: Physical, Internal Trauma
    • Active Skills: Righteous Fervor, Word of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal, Vire’s Might, Storm Box of Elgoloth, Horn of gandarr, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Ascension
    • Passive Skills: Deadly Aim, Presence of Virtue, Resilience, Divine Mandate
    • WPS Skills: Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Storm Spread, Smite
1 Like