Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

I am not the guy to decide, but i am agree ur rating, it would be more better.

Still there are way less builds with this tiems, that u can farm in 30min.

It should not matter from a fundamental perspective how many builds there are posted in each category. Like how many builds are posted with g1, g2 and g4 tags? Its either “beginner builds with faction gear” like Stupid Dragon, Nery and me are doing, all purple item builds like yours, mad_lee and veretranga and g5 builds from the GDstashers. So in practice, only two tags are used anyway.

Vere left the community… Yeah i agree with that.

“g5 builds from the GDstashers” this killed me again. :joy:

1 Like

As long as we eat a :carrot: everyday vere will be in our :two_hearts:

No but seriously, I like gear tag system, but needs to be more flexible and have some indication on how “rare” a build is when it comes to gear. I like the idea of “only purple builds” but it can become too restrictive sometimes and exclude some builds that are still reasonable to gear and plays out well.

Currently the most ambiguous and underused is g2, so what counts as one is up for revision. G4/5 are kinda weird too, but I plan to leave them be for compliance reasons. Not looking forward to manually re- classifulying dozens of builds on my own.

EDIT:
we can also agree on further specifying g1, if you feel like it is necessary.

Btw little late for the argument,but how items,that are sold by vendors are classified?

For example you can buy Sparkthrower from Ancient grove dungeon and that enables PS build.So it’s MI and is classified g4,if you throw one living ring,G5.

But in reality is easier to obtain,than Anasteria helm,which will be G3,since it’s legendary.

Negative part of change is,that all the updated builds will be in old format and that will make real mess.

In my opinion:

G1 - faction gear or easy to farm epic gear like Silver Sentinel plus easy to obtain/craft greens with random affixes (like any kind of Pulsating Shard off-hand)
G2 - legendary gear + easy to obtain/craft greens with random affixes
G3 - legendary m.i. gear (alkamos rings, anasteria helm, etc.) and easy to obtain/craft greens with random affixes
G4 - build needs at least one green items with specific affixes (i.e. stonehide of kings stoneplate boots or Runecaster of Scorched runes m.i. weapon, etc.)
G5 - build needs at least two green items with specific affixes (like stonehide stoneplates + green m.i. weapon with specific affixes)

3 Likes

Yeah sounds reasonable.

One could also add the Vanquisher set “legendary MI gear” i.e. G3, since they can be seen as part of loot pool of Rogue-like dungeon bosses

SR set could be included in G2 since it has guranteed “drop” chance when you reach specific shard(s) in Shattered Realm and is thus available as soon as your build and playing skills are beyond a certain point i.e. not based on luck (well SR mutators and boss combos)

As a player that maybe play a little bit more than normal players I find it impossible to farm a specific non-MI purple gear in order to enable a build. On the other hand MIs are far more accessible because at least I can farm one. To put it in an extreme way I’m actually okay with builds that use MIs in every slot as long as it doesn’t need specific affix combination, it’s far more accessible to me than a build that relies on one specific purple gear.

Edit: oh unless by “normal players” you mean the veteran players in this forum

1 Like

In my opinion:

MIs without specific affixes can be considered as G3 tho. For legendary aka purple gear, you can check and see where they would drop. farming crucible is good. You can find the guide on how to farm it in this forum

Perhaps we should have a crucible build compendium too, since not everybody has that DLC :wink:

Anyway, @Udars is correct. Getting MI’s in general is not that hard it is the specific (and often double rare tier) affix combinations that can be daunting for legit players to find. In addition, crucible is nice for MI’s too since you get a nice variety of them

Yes I understand farming crucible is good for getting purple gears, but for example if I want a Beronath Reforged blue print I have to rely on pure luck and maybe cannot get it before GD2 is published given that I only farm ~10h per week. But I can farm a specific MI in like 1h. So to me a build that only works with Beronath Reforged is like g100 :rofl:

2 Likes

Hop on that G6 and we’re in the sky :helicopter:

But yeah,I agree.That’s why is hard to male budget builds,cause a lot of the builds are dependent on specific items.

Imagine Stormreaver build without the Axe BP.

Idk man, i feel the complete opposite of that. Not saying / arguing that every Purple / Set Item is easy to get, but compared to the fact that they are the highest rarity, they are quite easy to get (do RL Dungeons, Nemesis, Crucible, Farming Routes with Heroes etc) and i had way more frustration with farming specific MI’s. A friend and i, due he needed it for crafting (?) we had to farm Salazars Blade for hours… which again if you look up in internet have an absolute high dropchance and don’t let me begin with Kriegs-Set, because yes it’s an purple but still an MI / Specific Drop which you can aim for, but i’m so angry at that that i really have the desire to slap each of these Guys who said “Play Deathknight easiest du build thanks to Kriegsset”… i farmed more than 2 Weeks for it, and unlike you i played 10 Hours per day and i had like a stash full of Kriegs mask because the chestpiece simply din’t drop. Then again is i talked with some guys about Trickster Build in Discord, they mentioned i should get atleast the headpiece (korbas hood) before i tackle it and i’ve gotten this piece quite a bit after we talked about and i played normally through the Game

I’d like to add my build too.

• [Melee][1.1.2.5][hc][g3][c+][sr+] Erulan Special Forces - Melee mortar commando (keldon)
    • Damage: Physical
    • Active Skills: Cadence, Blitz, Warcry, Overguard, Mortar Trap, Doomforce, Blazing Charge
    • Passive Skills: Field Command, Oleron’s Rage, Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Might of Beronath, Whirling Blades, Presence of Might
    • WPS Skills: Markovian’s Advantage

I made a probability calculation of krieg set completion, 95% of players have the entire set after 8 hours farming. So, you were just unlucky. On average, krieg set is “easy” to farm. It is also easy farm since it is available also in Elite, meaning you can do it with even a crappy toon.

The new application form is ready.

I’ve also added a pretty massive tutorial on it in the first post.

Please use this one for your following build submissions.
I’m also interested in your feedback on whether it ended up being too complicated or not.

My priorities&plans from now on:

1. Add your new submissions
  2. Add submissions that didn’t made it into compendium yet (I’ll redo the formatting myself)
  3. Re-doing the formatting on the builds already in compendium
3 Likes

What does this mean?

Do u do the uptodate all my build, since i updated all to 1.1.3.0. patch?

No, it means that because I decided on the new formatting I’ll just change the already added builds to match the new one, so that compendium is uniform.

Checking whether the build was updated to the new patch on my own is a bit too much, so it’d be kept on the request basis.

A polite reminder: the glossary/tag guide should be at the very top of the compendium and not hidden under a submission guide, because all newcomers and infrequent visitors will need it to read the compendium.