[Builders leave, dead game] Actually, it's about community, feedbacks and balance

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Maya Balance Thread

Now I want a dragon mecha

I would argue that it’s not even endgame that lacks content.
In a hot pursuit to balance the game arounc Crucible or SR, the main campaign is lacking heavily. I mean, we got totems, I guess, that’s okay. But it’s also utterly boring and doesn’t change anything from enemy altar too much, for example.

What devs can do, for instance, would be expanding existing roguelikes with their bosses. Things that can and should compete for the endgame like SR and Cruci, but affordable for MC runners, as well as for those, who don’t buy expansions. Anything else in this regard would be a welcomed addition.

Another thing is balance. We got new map explorations, but most of them are so small and insignificant. And a lot of new gear is lacking as well, which prohibits veterans from exploring these new lands. That’s why people are leaving, imo, because there is nothing you can do, nothing you can conquer in this game, endgame was explored to every crook and nanny, and new content is not so great to make up for it.

For me, I would consider a heavy gear and content revise at least some time in the future, but I’m no dev, so, just throwing my piece of opinion here.

The idea about more rogue dungeon floors I do like, say a inter actable pillar that instead of teleporting you out of the dungeon it takes you to another set of floors with more mutators, loot, monsters, etc…BUT

As Crate has previously mentioned that’s the function of SR.

I understand the feeling of MC but unfortunately it is unlikely to change.

1 Like

Perhaps there should exist some kind of standard test crucible with no loot rewards just to measure builds with in a consistent manner? Like build stress test mode with no rng

I feel this painful too sometimes also I play no GD stash or mods but I still wanna test and compare builds also for my own sake. Yes target dummy exists but they can not kill you

1 Like