Can "Increased Healing Effects" affect Regeneration?

I think you’ve made some very solid points, and I stand corrected.

Let me try to phrase myself more clearly.

Most things in GD cannot be looked at in isolation; similarly we must understand offence/defence in tandem. That is not to say that all builds prioritise the 2 equally.

In the setting of adcth, the priority of most builds is DPS. I think this is indisputable.

The only reason why adcth gets such good returns for the little bit of investment is because of the heavy investments into offence.

In other words, the spec relies predominantly on DPS to survive. Adcth just makes it easier.

A clearer analogy would be a CDR based build with 45% CDR stacking heals.

Are the healing procs the main source of sustain? No. It’s the CDR.

So similarly, a little bit of investment into skills like word of renewal, or devotions like behemoth will go a much longer way.

Turning our attention to builds which prioritise defence: ignoring lazy builds (@maya), these builds need to be able to face tank to dish out the pain.

The chaos DB spamming pyro with insane HP regen can consistently land direct strikes with DB on targets. The shield based retal warlord needs to get hit to proc rta. Etc.

Thus, in this setting, a small bit of investment into offence goes a much longer way than it would when compared to glass cannons.

EDIT: so why don’t I want IHE to affect HP regen?

Because it would make builds using HP regen as their predominant offensive/defensive strategy insanely broken.

2nd EDIT: just realised I forgot to respond to this specific bit

^me clearing naked with it

The only source of sustain outside of word of renewal is bat IIRC

2 Likes

If the build is the one linked… Then there’s also Ghoul, 16% Leech and Chain Lightning (Which is 70%WD)

I mean…what flat damage does the spec have?

And IIRC, SBoE is on a 0.3 or 0.4s CD?

Chain lightning is really there just to squeeze out that little bit more DPS in between casting TSS and SBoE

Surely we can agree that chain lightning is not the reason why the spec is surviving

EDIT: I had originally made the spec without chain lightning and it was more survivable. Hence the title, “DPS version”

Health Regen already has its own % modifier.

It would be redundant to have it also be affected by increased healing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.