Can't get Titan Quest to load...please help?

I have a Direct3d.dll in the directory, but not the file you ask.

I’m really thinking it’s a hardware conflict of some sort. I DLed and installed and ran these same files on my old computer last week, and everything ran flawlessly.

Hmm, sorry I can’t help you more mate, I’m really grasping at straws now.
Only otherthing I can think of is, as you say a, conflict - wether HW or SW. Top conflict cause I can think of is AntiVirus. Do you have one? Particuarly one that came with the computer? I know some people swear by some AVs and curse by others, so it might be worth either disabling it (if possible) or uninstalling it and installing another one you’ve had success with in the past.

One last thought is to try install another game from the same era or even GD to see if you have similar issues or not.

Good luck with it mate, don’t think I’ll be able to give anymore ideas any more though.

Me neither. :frowning: We can only hope Father Squid manages to get hold of the TQ.net database because there was a thread on the forum which covered running TQ/IT on a Win10 machine. I don’t know if the answer will be in there, but you never know. Will be a couple of weeks at least before we get any news though I’m afraid. He’s working on it so keep your fingers crossed (at least when NOT playing GD of course. ;))

Never keep the service “Windows Firewall” disabled, always leave in automatic and turn firewall off through control panel. I’ve had problems with TQ’s menu because of windows firewall service disabled during a test…

Looks pretty grim, but was really hoping to make my first character (of dozens) able to use Yin/Yang…I’ve never tried two weapon fighting before.

I’ll fiddle with the AV software, the same I was using before on the old machine, so wasn’t expecting that to be a problem, but maybe I’ll get lucky. Har.

Thanks for all the effort, and give me a poke if that old forum thread comes back.

Ok, still failing in ever new ways to get TQ to run.

Direct 2 Drive gave up on me, because they can’t replicate the error.

Here are the specs D2D uses to run to the game:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.160126-1819) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: LENOVO System Model: 2099 BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.275DCN90WW(V8.01) Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8060MB RAM Page File: 10552MB used, 2200MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: 12 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent) System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

Now I’m running Windows 10, version 1511, OSbuild 10586.318, processor: intel core i7 6700 CPU 3.4 ghz, installed ram 16 gb, 64 bit operating system.

Any other info I can supply to get someone who knows this stuff well to figure out what the problem might be?

Removing the anti-virus didn’t help either. Of course.

Thanks.

Try to set your font back to 100%, post above shows it at 125%, then try again. Where did you install game? Default c\program files ?

Have you googled “Titan Quest windows 10 fix” to see if you can find any solutions that way?

I’m typing on a different computer than the one with TQ on it; the font size there is default (and in the spec list above, the game is working at 125%).

I tried looking for windows 10 fix (and did just again)…nothing there was helpful.

Keep on guessing, it’s gotta be something.

Maybe just buy it on Steam or something, your problems seem to be D2D more than TQ related from where I am standing.

Wait for the summer sale, buy it for $5 and save yourself this hassle :wink:

If it still does not work, we know for sure it is your PC though…

Heh, it occurred to me that D2D might be the problem…I just don’t think so.

That said, I did look to see if Steam is selling it before. $30, which is a little too much to find out. But it’s already added to my wish list, hopefully I’ll catch a break because, $5 is definitely worth it to find out.

So where is it installed?
If the game is installed in the programs file folder window defender will prevent the game write access to those file. Disable defender and UAC or install to a non system folder.

You should get the gold edition, that is $20, rather than $30.

I would still wait for the summer sale though, unless it is really urgent

Ok, bought the Steam sale.

Game installs, and launches. But, off to a new problem.

Here’s the screenshot:

So, great ones, what’s the trick to get past this hurdle, so I can move on to the next?

You really should ask on the steam forums, support for TQ isn’t handled here. You probably get better support.

Your using the beta branch? and are you using a none english language selected? as the beta only applies to english or german at the moment, there is a post on this in the steam forum,

Problem solved!

The trick? Run Titan Quest first (even made a character).

Now Immortal Throne works fine. Sheesh.

Thanks for your patience guys.

I was just going to ask if you’d run Titan Quest first. :slight_smile: It’s needed to enable Immortal Throne to “latch on” and work properly. But just go straight into Immortal Throne - no need to play Titan Quest vanilla first. It’s the same game with added features.

Ok, now comes the mighty puzzle of transferring characters over.

I saved everything to a USB…cut/paste, used Defiler to transfer the caravans.

I’ve lost the shared inventory, but I’ll write that off at this point.

All characters load and run fine, except one. Just one.

The one character that won’t work? The guy I was playing, my first double-weapons fighter. Oh, I can get him on the character screen, spin him around, see him holding weapons and all.

But, when I try to run the game? caaaaaaaaaarash. Every time, crashes before I get to an actually playing screen.

But every other character runs fine. Kill monsters, get quests, etc.

Any clue what the problem might effin’ be? I guess I’ll just re-plug in the old computer and re-transfer the file, but dammmmmn, this sure has been a long hard road to get a 10 year old game to play.

A corrupted file somewhere. Re-install the file again and if that doesn’t work, start a new dual wielding toon. :slight_smile:

You can use the TQ Defiler Program to save your stash if you wanted to, (as long as you still have your original files still.) otherwise as Medea said, try reinstalling it, also try a verify cache in steam. Last thing I can think of did you install any mods playing that character? sounds like it could be a missing item its trying to load as well.
Otherwise I’m glad its worked for you in the end mate.