[Caster] [1.1.4.0] AAR Spellbinder Neon Light Celestial God Slayer (g4) (c+) (sr+) (vid)

Its not just the crabs, those humanoid tentacle poison monster thingy and that red shrouded monster also cast a ground AoE that disrupts skills. They will kill you if you didnt notice them among the swarm of mobs in higher SR, very annoying. Grava’s fumble may not be a problem if you’re fighting him one on one but it gets really messy if he is running after you with the rest of the boss in SR.

The build received nothing but buffs from the last few patches, so unless someone post a game breaking, out of this world cruicible clear time, it is safe to say that we are not expecting any major nerf in the near future.

The name of the amulet is (mythical) essence of grimdawn. The amulet and shard ADCTH is not weapon damage, so wont benefit from any global ADCTH.

What conduit does is convert 24% of AAR damage to weapon damage, which will let you life leech to any ADTCH devotion nodes and components.

That’s not a problem. Arcane Bomb got 25% base chance. It procs really well on Aether Corruption. And thanks to 5 meter radius it doesn’t really matter who in procs under exactly. In fact, the world crucible record on a binder - classic Agrivix - had Arcane Bomb on Aether Corruption (Calidor Tempest was on Imp or Fiend iirc).

The problem is the range of Aether Corruption in SR. You can cast Devastation and shoot AAR at a far away mob but you gotta wait till they get close before you can cast Aether Corruption. It’s really a bother with ranged bosses who won’t come closer (and you can’t approach or you’ll aggro the others).

Now that you’ve mentioned it, I play mostly on SR and rarely on Crucible ( too stressful for me ), I can see how I equated that as an issue.

Yup, that poison scorpion and Slathzaar Aehtergaze, that doesnt want to go uplclose and personal is a really pain.

There also is a hero “Julius Cronley, the Mindbender”, he possess one-time disprupt with kinda long duration, quite dangerous.

I’ve been doing this build without so far fine through most of elite with a pulsing shard, but I’m going to have to tweek the devotions until I can get the amulet then I’m assuming.

So. I can use either the shard or the mythical essence of grim dawn until i get the recipe for the conduit and be able to leech. Just drop other leech devotions/gear?

Obviusly. Especially combined. After all, to get 10% ADCTH for AAR with 24% WD, one would need 40% global ADCTH, which is fairly unrealistic to get.

yes, you actually get more life leech from essence and shard compared to conduit since their ADCTH is based from AAR’s full damage.

Just be careful with big hits or getting swarmed, as you wont be able to recover as quickly.

Also, you may have to change the gear components to compensate for the lost resistance roll from conduit.

ADCTH from conduit is also based from AAR’s full damage.

nope, conduit itself doesnt have an ADCTH, what it does is convert 24% of AAR damage to weapon damage, we can only life leech from that 24% using global ADCTH.

While essence and pulse ADCTH life leech is based from full AAR damage:

ex:

Assume 100 AAR damage:

Using conduit, it will convert 24% of that 100 to weapon damage ( 24 AAR damage in this case ), now using a global ADTCH ( say 8% ADTCH from haunted steel ), we can only life leech from that 24 AAR damage and that will be 1.92 hp life leech.

Using essence/shard ( with 4% and 6 % skill specific ADTCH respectively for a total of 10% ). that 10% ADTCH will come from 100 AAR damage this time 10 hp life leech.

Conduit is BiS. I say it as the guy who insisted on Essence of GD for a long time.

Adcth is better. Easy 16% (4% to AAR) from Ghoul, Bat, Revenant and Restless Remains; Add 5% (1.2%) Seal of Blades and or 8/24% (2/6%) from Haunted Steel. And these things aren’t inferior to the alternatives from giving up on wpn dmg. Ghoul is actually a life saver and extremely powerful on casters thx to cdr. Also, I didn’t test it myself but got it from reputable sources that Ghoul is affected by Time Dilation. It alone is worth using the conduit. Perfectly executed it fixes the holes in active defense to a great extent.

The only downside to the conduit is that it has no %dmg. And taking Ghoul makes it hard to complete Dying God.

Dont forget that Ghoulish Hunger also has an 18% physical resistance proc which most casters severely lacks.

Having access to these defensive procs just by using conduit, is very hard to pass out.

Lol, if that was the case, conduit would be totally USELESS. Do you realize, that 90%+ AAR’s damage comes from flat skill damage, not from that 24%WD part?
Learn game mechanics first, please, ADCTH in particular. ADCTH on skill always applies to total damage, made by skill. Weapon damage on skill just allows it to use a certain portion of global ADCTH as ADCTH on skill (same part as WD percentage).

You’re both talking about the same thing… :rofl:

No, mathematically it makes your difference whether you apply 100% adcth to 24% AAR damage or 24% adcth to 100% AAR dmg. The latter is easier to count, though.

ooohh, its just that, sometimes game skill descriptions are a little confusing.

all this time I was wrong, was my computation incorrect ? thats how I understand it ever since.

No, sorry, you were indeed wrong. Wpn dmg is a separate stat that you stack by flat dmg bonuses from gear, devos and passives (like 20 aether damage on the medal). 24% wpn dmg to AAR adds 24% of that stat to AAR. On a correctly made binder this should be around 60-70 aether dmg, a little bit more with Fleshwarped Tome as it converts Clairvoyant Wand’s bass vit dmg to aether.

What it also does is allow AAR to carry various carry wpn dmg related effects: energy leech, flat rr and ofc adcth. But it scales up to 100% meaning that in your case those effects will be only at 24% potency.

Please point to the line on this that shows ADCtH.

Oohhh wow, thanks for the clarification, still a bit confusing, but I have a clearer picture now.