[Caster] [1.1.4.0] AAR Spellbinder Neon Light Celestial God Slayer (g4) (c+) (sr+) (vid)

alright, I managed to shave off at least 28 sec from my Ravager kill time with the new set up ( from 4:21
min down to 3:51 min ) not bad.

No wonder, without even 2k armour, iit should be hard to make it to 75 even… Well, not that it’s impossible - when you can respawn after death and continue - but from my own AAR experience, there is a huge difference between 1.5-1.7k armour and 2.5-3k armour - the latter feels so much tankier…

What’s the skill progression?
Thanks!

Not necessarily. In SR you can’t turn offense into defense. You can’t kill a Reaper before it becomes dangerous. If chaos res isn’t a problem I take Prismatic Diamond as gives health and energy absorb. But Bone on the chest is probably best for most aether builds.

hhmmm, you can check out other leveling guides as this one is an end game build. For reference, I usually go for trojan skyshard and olexas flash freeze while leveling, Max AAR for trash mobs, skyshard for kitting bosses.

I dont really have an issue doing SR75-76 even until SR 80 ( and by issue I meant, getting full chest reward ).

Anything higher than SR 75-76 is not worth the time and effort, I just went for higher shard to know how far can I push the build.

There are plenty guides. Basically, you can either start as necro summoner with skeletons which will carry you till lvl 50-60 or as an arcanist fireball spam caster (from Searing Ember -> Flintcore Bolts -> Seal of Destruction components, and OFF for debuffs) that can basically carry you all the way till you’re ready for AAR.

AAR alone is enough to facetank bosses early game (after 32), after you get Pulsing Shard and few “of insight” rares for energy regen.
Before 32, to kite bosses, i’d suggest maxing Inferno with transmuter and 2x Enchanted Flint.

No real issue, but I see that you have Time Dilation bound to Aether Corruption in the Imgur links, but it isnt bound to anything in the GrimTools link. May want to edit that for incoming guide users. Thanks for taking the time to prepare this build for us!

oh yeah, i’ve been meaning to update some stuffs here, i just got a juicy conduit with a pierce resistance bonus lying around unused by my other toon, will update the build, maybe next week…

Thank you for the reminder… :slight_smile:

updated the build with an alternative set up if you happen to roll a Pierce Resistance from conduit Grimtools.

updated the default set up skill distributions based on @ya1’s suggestions

uploaded SR 75-76 run with a rather difficult boss room ( boss gang bangs ) video

Guys i tweaked this build abit with the new vit -> aether MI to create pure Aether (and some pierce) Twin fang instead of giant’s blood. Anyone willing to test to see if this or the non twin fang version give more damage output? The double rare is just for maximum potential but i think as long as it covers res and has + aether it’d work.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk8nX42 with twinfang and MI.

Fleshwarped Tome has been nerfed badly after this, and Codex was buffed, so Tome isn’t worth the trouble. The belt isn’t worth it either. Violent Decay converts Devastation’s fire. With crazy good affixes they might give more dmg but Codex is currently BiS. It’s hard to measure the exact damage because much of AAR’s power is through high crits. At some point oa and crit dmg is worth more than flat dmg to AAR.

Twin Fangs itself is great on AAR. But not worth itemizing for.

Any vitality to aether damage conversion gear wont benefit AAR damage if you’re using a full clairvoyant set.

The belt and the off hand here will be helpful only to twin fangs, i tried it before, the DPS suffered a lot, im not going to do it again.

Also, set the build up to be able to face tank and to be able to recover if thing got dangerous, ( you can check out my SR 75-76 boss run for reference of what im saying )

Scratch that. Fleshwarped still seems to provide maximum damage.

Fleshwarped is less smooth to play though, because the awkward arcane bomb thing. And if you are skill disrupted when mirror and mark is down you are just dead. Here the offhand provide abit of safety at least i think.

Either works great though. Just different tastes. At least good to know fleshwarped is still viable.

Has the build been hit by nerfs? did recent patch remove any survivability?

I’m relatively new, so smack me down if I’m wrong but you get life leech from the devotions because of the amulet including weapon damage? I was under the understanding that only the shard and one amulet (which I forget) can leech from AAR.

You can get it with WD too, but to get 4% ADCTH with 24% WD, one needs 16% global ADCTH.

Yeah, this is an issue. But after you learn where to expect it disrupt res is little more than just QoL. Crab mobs turn really bothersome but not really deadly (unless they sneakily move in from beyond the screen while you’re engaged with a nemesis). Grava is always deadly.

Codex is definitely BiS, though. Fleshwarped is a way to max damage, and it’s only good because you can assign good stats to it such as more oa. Naked Fleshwarped has almost 95 aether to AAR more (plus some converted vitality from Clairvoyant weapon through the conduit’s wpn dmg) and little else. Codex has -15% rr and -80 da shred, 19% more crit dmg, assorted stats from +1 to necro, skill cost redux, disrupt res, cast speed, etc.

What’s great about Fleshwarped is that it empowers Bat quite a lot. And you can do quite well with as little as 16% adcth.

Full Clairvoyaint and arcanist in general has seen nothing but buffs lately. Safe to say this is one of the best builds in the game, currently.