[Caster][v1.0](u)(g3)Elemental/Aether Druid

First of all, sorry for my english.

I did this Druid build for fun. I like Panetti’s Replicating Missile and I tried to use it as the main attack. The second offensive skill is Devastation, a very powerful zone attack, very usefull to kill bosses and champions.

This build is arcanist based, with Shaman skills used to get extra health. The mana will be only a problem at the beggining. Don’t maximice PRM too much at the beginning, only the necesary. Extra points in Mental Alacrity are useful if you have mana problems, but lower that skill at the end because it is going to be useless.

Video
Cronley Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFJ1fV3waBU&feature=youtu.be
Loghorrean’s Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F9Hwn1snV4&feature=youtu.be

Pros

• Cleans quickly big packs of enemies
  • More enemies means more damage thanks to Panetti.
  • Has 3 skills to make the Druid inmune for 3 seconds each one.
  • No mana problems.

Cons

• Bosses with high elemental/aether resistances are hard to take down.
  • Not a lot of armor, so quite squishy againts powerful physical attacks.
  • Requires health potions.

End Gear
Weapon 1 - Panetti’s Replicating Wand + Wrathstone
Weapon 2 - Wrath of the Ascendant + Wrathstone
Offhand 1 - Invoker’s Blaze + Imbued Silver
Offhand 2 - Tome of the Arcane Wastes + Imbued Silver
Head - Outcast’s Secret + Prismatic Diamond
Shoulders - Green: Ancient Ascended Epaulets of Vitality + Silk Swatch
Chest - Green: Soldier’s Haunted Vestment of Vitality + Sanctified Bone
Hands - Aethereach + Spellwoven Threads
Waist - Phantom-Thread Girdle - Bristly Fur
Legs - Wraithborne Legwraps + Silk Swatch
Feet - Green: Shrewd Exalted Sabatons of Insight + Mark of the Traveler
Ring 1 - Invoker’s Burning Hand + Mark of Ilusions
Ring 2 - Invoker’s Shocking Touch + Mark of Ilusions
Amulet - Invoker’s Shard + Black Tallow
Medal - Mark of Divinity + Black Tallow
Relic - Iskandra’s Balance

Green items:

Talking about augments, I use +7% Pierce Resistance and +10% Poison & Acid Resistance in all the armor except chest where I used +7% Vitality Resistance and +10% Poison & Acid Resistance. I used +35% Elemental Damage, +200 Health, +22 Offensive Ability and +1 Energy Regenerated per second in the weapon and offhand. I used +30% Elemental Damage, +2% spirit, +2% casting Speed and +15% Elemental Resistance in 1 ring and the amulet. Finally, I used +30% Aether Damage, +30% Chaos Damage, +12% Aether Resistance and +12% Chaos Resistance in the other ring (this is for deffenses above the Aether damage).

Skills
This build uses few skills, so it’s very comfortable and easy to play it.

Grim Dawn Calc: http://grimcalc.com/build/QBvVpq2
Grim Dawn Calc with item buffs: http://grimcalc.com/build/5QGsxvC

Lets comment the skills:

Offensive Skills
Panetti’s Replicating Missile
Our main attack. It cleans packs of enemies pretty easy. More enemies means more damage because if the missile pass throw an enemi, it will shoot more fragments in all directions.
Devastation
Powerfull zone spell. You can kill some champions even in ultimate (almost every champion in normal/elite). It’s also useful againts bosses when we make the combo, making us invulnerables and making the enemies stay under the aether meteor rain.
Wind Devils
The power of the wind devils isn’t very hight, but they reduce enemy’s elemental defenses. Very usefull against bosses.
Nullification
It reduces enemy elemental attack. Pretty useful againt champions and bosses to reduce their incoming damage.

Defensive Skills
Mirror of Ecterodes
Invulnerability for 3 seconds. You can use it with devastation to kill enemies meanwhile they try to kill you. It has refected damage too, so they will be heavy hurt.
Olexra’s Flash Freeze
It reduces enemies defenses and freeze them if they are around us.
Callidor’s Tempest
It can be used as a second close combat defense with the upgrade. It would knock down enemies for 1.5 seconds, but I think it’s not necesary. Olexra’s skill works better thanks to the resistance reduction.
Nullification
It clean enemy DoTs and traps. Very usefull to eliminate poison effects or entrapments.

Auras and Passives
Mogdrogen’s Pact
Extra health is always good. The poison and bleeding time reduction is also nice.
Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
Damage and less mana cost.
Maiven’s Sphere of Protection
Reduces enemy incoming damage a lot. It’s a must.
Reckless Power
Extra damage.
Fabric of Reality
Extra damage too.
Mental Alacrity
It’s needed at the beggining when our mana isn’t very high, but we won’t need so many points at the end.
Arcane Will
Improves damage when we are under 70% of our health points. It’s usefull againt bossed only.
Inner Focus
More spirit and offensive. That means more damage.

The damage of the PRM isn’t very powerful, but it applies some passive bonus. Let’s see the bonus of the different attacks:

Devotions
These are the selected devotions. After completing the important ones, I expent the remaining points in some useful devotions. Lets the the points:

• Crossroads (+5% HP): 1 point
  • Dryad: 1 point
  • Empty Throne: 1 point
  • Rhowan’s Crown: 1 point
  • Lion: 3 poins
  • Scholar’s Light: 3 points
  • Owl: 4 points
  • Raven: 4 points
  • Wraith: 4 points
  • Crab: 5 points => Mogdrogen’s Pact
  • Imp: 5 points => Devastation
  • Spider: 5 points
  • Widow: 6 points => Olexra’s Flash Freeze
  • Blind Sage: 7 points => Panetti’s Replicating Missile

These points let the character to deal extra damage. Let’s see how much:

Leveling Guide
PRM is the main spell of the buil. Just level it slowly because if you upgrade it too much, you’ll have problems with mana. Afther getting devastation, maximize the skill. You’ll kill every champion of the game with it. It’s a very powerfull skill.

I used 34 points in physics and 56 in spirit. As far as I use mogdrogen’s pact, I use spirit to maximize the damage and mana regen.

Conclusions
This guide was made to play an easy and comfortable character. You don’t need a lot of skills to use and you can get nice elemental gear. The final build adds some passive spells witch improve the damage. Ultimate can be done without the full gear, but you’ll need some of the items or some nice resistances at least.

This character can play crucible. I have tested it in Aspirant and it can complete it without buffs or towers. Take care against Fabius and Iron Maiden. This ones are the more dangerous enemies. Fabius can be killed waiting to cast the combo mirror of ecterodes + devastation + PRM. When the invulnerability leaves, run until it’s ready again. Iron Maiden works in a similar way, but he can chase us and he’s speedy. Take care. Try to damage him as much as possible when mirror of ecterodes is up.

Round 150 in Aspirant Difficulty. I had to move several times to kill Fabius. That’s the reason I lost the multiplier.

I’ll try to make a few videos and upload them in the next days. I’ll put a few colors to make easy to read the guide.

Greetings

Stylish <3
Fashion Souls to the max.

I don’t have more time today. I’ll try to improve the presentation a bit more tomorrow :slight_smile:

Greetings

I meant the looks of your character :smiley: Would’ve been even more cool with Wraithwalkers, but I guess then you’ll lack some crucial resistances.

Your presentation looks good to me.

Nullification
It reduces enemy elemental defense. Pretty useful againt champions and bosses to reduce their defenses and improve our damage.

Nope ^^
Nullification decrease elemental damage of the enemy. Not the resistance.
But it still a good spell for remove an enemy aura or an enemy debuff.

Why have you maxed Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange ?
Any of your spell have %weapon damage. The raw elemental damage of IEE don’t increase your damage. It buff only attack/spell with %weapon damage.

Try to max Mental Alacrity, it’s a good buff to increase your DPS because casting speed.

In druid, you can take Maelstrom, the first modifier of Wind Devil. It offer a good resist debuff, and a slow who is great to kitting.

Try to get the Rhowan’s Crown devotion, it’s really strong because elemental debuff resist.

Personnaly I’ll make some change to have a build like that : http://grimcalc.com/build/EZH1wPB

Wind Devil and Rhowan’s don’t stack gotta pick one or the other

Epic fail about nullification. It’s still good to self clean purposes as you said. Mental alacrity don’t increase my damage because I have casting speed maxed.

I’ll try wind devils this evening.

Greetings

Which Factions do you choose and why?
Is it better to kill Anasteria so you can farm her or should you keep her alive to get access to her augments? :slight_smile:

You will need to farm anasteria to get head gear

You can side with her in normal and elite to get all her faction stuff

I guess he maxed her out first, stocked up a lot of augments on elite and then broke up with her on ultimate. Or just got the Hood on a different character or even by trading.

I got the hood in crucible, but you can get it farming her with another character. I selected vigil faction, but I didn’t use its augments. I’ll update the guide today with the augments used.

Greetings

PD: Added the gear (forgot to upload it yesterday).

Thank you all for your replies! Now I can start with this build this evening :slight_smile:

How are you distrubute stat points?

Thank you for reading the guide!

I have tried Wind Devils and It’s not a good option. I used them against Cronley and I didn’t improve the killing time. The elemental reduction is for 1 second, so it’s very unreliable.

I’m thinking about using Rowan’s devotion on olexra’s spell to improve the defense reduction (rowan’s devotion and -35% fire defense actually).

I have to look at iskandra’s elemental exchange. It only applies to the weapon, so as long as I use only skills to attack, it isn’t buffing me. I have a question, the passives are only applied to the weapon attack? If the answer is yes, I should put out all the points in that skill and use them in another one. Olexra’s would be a good option, because It would probably stack with the fire defense reduction and can be a nice to use mirror of ecterodes, run to the enemy, cast Olexra and nuke the enemy. I need to think about that.

I’m uploading a video doing Cronley’s run. I’ll edit the initial post in a few minutes. The interesting part is the battle against Cronley. There you can see the effect of the 9 invulnerability seconds.

Greetings

The wind devil buff is only 1 second, but it constantly reapplies. If a lot of enemies are around you can use the pet attack command on someone to prevent them from screwing around. Should definitely improve your kill time

The problem with Rhowhan’s and olexra’s is quite a few bosses in ultimate are straight up immune to freeze. I’ve never tried the combo myself, but I am guessing if the spell doesn’t work on them it won’t proc elemental storm

All IEE gives for casters that don’t have % weapon damage skills is the % energy regen. Elemental balance is really good though, but only if you have the OA to back it up

The problem is that I have to stop shooting to command the pet in that case. I’ll try it again on weekend.

The problem with Rhowhan’s and olexra’s is quite a few bosses in ultimate are straight up immune to freeze. I’ve never tried the combo myself, but I am guessing if the spell doesn’t work on them it won’t proc elemental storm

I use Olexra against bosses for the defense debuff, not to freeze them.

All IEE gives for casters that don’t have % weapon damage skills is the % energy regen. Elemental balance is really good though, but only if you have the OA to back it up

But the question is, the effect is applied if I don’t autoatack with my weapon?

Greetings

PD: Cronley Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFJ1fV3waBU&feature=youtu.be

The -fire debuff on Olexra’s does not work on enemies if they can’t be frozen, same for the debuff on absolute zero. Clicking pet command really quick won’t kill your dps no worries there :stuck_out_tongue:

I though my last post made it clear but yeah IEE only benefits weapon attacks all you will get out of the base skill is the % energy regen. Everything else is useless

Added a new video: Logorrean’s Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F9Hwn1snV4&feature=youtu.be

Greetings

leveling guilde ?

Why do you need it? The build is pretty straight forward. You can follow the following as general rule for all types of characters - max mastery first, then max skills. For example you can put 2 points in mastery every level and one point goes to skills.