CC res and Acid itemization/devos/builds

acid items and devos seem to famously lack certain CC res, almost always forcing you to make some bs green boots or more
would it be totally unreasonable to add some general freeze/slow res more readily available for acid builds that doesn’t force you into specific affixes or sacrifices like frozen hearts etc?
acid items with freeze res Grim Dawn Item Database (note how one of the items even convert away from acid dmg)
acid items with slow res Grim Dawn Item Database (there exists one)

as a side note, phys res on acid items is also barely existing Grim Dawn Item Database - my guess have always been that’s because of blood of dreeg and/or nightblade being considered integral to acid builds “and they have phys res natively so don’t need it elsewhere”(even if that’s not always the case)

5 Likes

No. Clearly what acid items need is more acid res, cause you really want to overcap it by 300% at least (yeah, I know, it’s not a funny joke, but anyway).

Sadly, seems like outside of Nightblade or Occultist combos acid damage barely exists. I tried Deathguard Oppressor (with Nightshard shield, both melee and caster with Biting Blades) some months ago. It was a miserable effort damage and survivability wise even in Main Campaign, I shit you not.

3 Likes

wut, you telling me acid Trozan templar is badz ? :woozy_face:
:sweat_smile:

Well, at least it has some CC resists, huehue!

1 Like

Green damage requires green item :sunglasses:

I’m just wishing that there is blue or purple acid item with CC resist that does not support Nidalla Hidden Hand, DEE line, or pet skills and have no acid res :pleading_face:

These green boots aren’t bs if they provide you with exactly what you need. Not every build can have everything.

it is BS boots when you need 2 very specific CC res affixes, from the entire affix pool, just because acid items and devos have minimal to 0 CC res, when other items have it “fine”

I agree. Building with acid damage always feel like trying to patch every hole. Resistances and CC res are always a struggle usually solved with specific green rolls, only to find out you’re still missing movement speed and energy sustain :smiley:
Acid damage is in a pretty bad state overall. I’ve suggested adding acid RR to Ring of the Black Matriarch before, it would help offbeat stuff like acid cadence for example Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
The few decent acid builds (Dreeg, Dunefiend, Venomblade, SS Dervish) will probably still use Shuroth rings over other options.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.