[Chaos Caster] Pagar's Disciple - Tainted Flame Deceiver

I don’t want to hear it from someone who had been out of focus since vanilla. :furious:

I’ve never tried a Chaos build before and I had something like this in mind, pure theorycraft. grimtools
The main differences are in the devotions.

In your build / from a general viewpoint:

• Is Acid Spray so good that you won’t take Abomination ? i.e. flat RR > %damage ?
  • Is Harp (Inspiration) an auto-include in builds that can reach it easily ?

-Abominable Might only works well in the crucible because of its On-Death nature, so yes I prefer Acid Spray over that

-Harp is a must for non-Arcanist casters that require too much energy

Guide updated:-
>Added Acid Purge Hunter
>Added a new Screenshot

My thoughts:

Resist reduction is effectively a damage multiplier so I would say Acid Spray is definitely worth it.

That’s not to say flat damage is bad, and Abominable Might certainly provides a truckload. People are unwilling to take it due to it’s trigger of “100% chance on enemy death”.

However, I wouldn’t necessarily say it is bad either. As far as I’m aware, there are less major encounters in the game that don’t summon adds or sport adds nearby than there are that do. It just means you will have to try and sustain it whenever you can (Doom Bolt sniping trash for example) and be aware of encounters that don’t summon adds (Shar’Zul, Alkamos etc.).

Is Harp (Inspiration) an auto-include in builds that can reach it easily ?

I use Harp on builds where I’m burning energy faster than my tonic’s cooldown (or don’t want to spam them) but don’t want to take Tree of Life.

Other than that, with some CDR, you can have close to 100% uptime on it so the OA/DA are really nice. The slow/entrapment resistance can help you kite as well if need be.

How? I can’t see the way
UPD: Solael’s Witchflame +5?

Max out Intensify

Thanks!

/10 chars

My (theoretical) variation of chaos deceiver:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9AmDPV
Included Pox and Rune for massive OA/DA shred.
Included Symbol of Solael for additional RR.
Included Mythical Scales of Beronath for +2 to Inquisitor Seal. Will see, which belt shows better - this belt or Cord of Deception.

Already have the boots and legguards.

-Pox/Rune is good if you don’t mind the extra click :smiley:

-Symbol of Solael is good I just prefer CS for mobility since we have plenty of racial damage and resist shred

-Cord of Deception has higher DA which is far more valuable you won’t be hitting the PTH cap (1.0.0.6) anytime soon with the build even with Pox’s OA shred. This is the only change that you make that I am a little skeptical about tbh.

Good luck with testing the build

DMC3 gave me a very good school of keyboard spam like crazy octopus :smiley:
No problem for me.

Pox is ideal proc skill for Eldritch Fire because of Flames of Ignaffar insta-kill nature. Even if I kill the freshly debuffed target with Flames, Pox will continue to spread and infect everything, proccing Eldritch Fire. Word of Pain showed worse.

Just sharing experiences.

300k dps on FoI?? Looks more then nice.

Time delete AAR then? :rolleyes:

Honestly though making it a monster in single target is the only solution I can think of now

Seems yes… FoI has more flat and crit damage and WD part makes it even more powerful.

Don’t forget about its 100% ability to pass through enemies in a cone and built-in -% energy cost. Yay!

Another variation for crazy octopuses like me.
Added CoF for extra Vitality RR, which makes our Vitality damage component much more useful. Also this means extra DA shred.
click
Now I’ll play it in the Crucible and see what happens next. Maybe it is even 170 capable?

Dying God in 170 is an almost insta-nope

Even for 150 I only use Abomination on Chaos builds, but good luck

Insta-nope. Took note. :smiley:

Chthon’s successes inspired me to reanimate my old vitality FoI build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLBRw6N

can you please screenshot this one as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

this FOI madness makes me want to play again.

I hope someone posts videos!

Looks very well, but that relic… It provides only cast speed and +1 Inquisitor, maybe Uroboruuk can replace it with some tweaks? %ADCTH and % Vit damage look very promising, and you’ll not lose cast speed.