[Chaos Melee] Empyrion's Chosen DW-Melee Chaos Pyromancer

Nice, really curious to see how much the damage reduction on empyrion proc will end up being, hopefully more than 15%. The constellation is in a really weird place and a bit of a mess imo, some fire bonuses completely at the opposite of the map from the rest, and then mostly just a bunch of resists. It also requires a huge investment of points to reach a point where it has to hopelessly compete with tree and menhir as a defense option… The trigger for the proc also really doesn’t help it :eek:

That amulet is crazy, didn’t surprise me to see it on the chopping block this round.

Yay! This is exactly what I’ve been trying to build myself, and was hoping you or JoV would do something similar to help :slight_smile:
Thanks for the guide, appreciate the work you all do!

You’re welcome

-I hope it’s more than 20%, it’s a on-hit proc so it is kinda-unreliable as compared to Oleron and War Cry

-Agreed about the weird placement, i respec’d Maelstrom to use that and managed to kill Rashalga with that. But the constellation sucked for fire builds which is why i thought of using it in a chaos build and it seems to work nicely
Pretty cool animation as well

-Yeah the amulet is too good, it’d be painful to part with the flat damage on it post patch:undecided:

I`ve found there are so little Saboteurs on the forum, so tried fast theorycraft with it. http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-0jdnSP
P.S.: I so love these Thermite mines and chaos damage, it burns out any enemies by hellfire so fast :slight_smile:

Yeah Chaos Sabo should use the same principle as Aether Sabo which is similar to Aether Lightning Sabo that i posted.
Thanks for reminding, i forgot to add Concept Extension theory in two of my builds

Although my Chaos Sabo setup would be similar to my Aether Lightning Sabo (No Execution). Yours looks good and Imho, you should consider posting this - remove points from Shears and Whirling Death for more single target damage. Reinvest those points into Explosive Strike and you have a winner :slight_smile:

I use this belt: http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/2335-Sharpshooter’s-Pouch for my Dreegs Champion.

The Proc is amazing for CC and enemy debuff and has only 1s CD. (Pretty Great pants has 12s CD)
It comes with a little bit OA +Aether/Vitality resist.

Actually yes, I’ve managed to make sure that the whirling death in its present condition adversely affects the DPS

That’s a good item, i never get to use it on any builds. But unlike pretty great pants this item is good. Not because it has CC but because it reduces enemy DA

It’s worse than Shears imo, which is still usable

That`s sad, we need more diversity of builds :slight_smile:

Hmm, yea, but only useful of Explosive Strike is a little weapon damage, maybe Vindictive flame or Hellfire mine would be better??

Explosive Strike if i understand correctly works like this

Single Target damage- 120% Fire Strike + 30% Explosive Strike

AoE damage- 30% Explosive Strike

Best part is that it’s free AoE with increase in single target potential.

Yea, I know this. I mean AoE is aready good cause Hellfire mines, and for single target +13% weapon damage isn`t too much, unlike of +4% attack speed or flat and rr chaos on mines.

Need to wait next patch where ES will be returned into DPS showing on the character sheet :slight_smile:

Neat, I’m fairly new to the game, but I want to give it a try

How well this build can work with until I get all the good gear I need?

The build’s core lies in those daggers. If you have those, then use any gear combo to cap your defenses and your set to go.

Focusing on Chaos gives you the advantage that not many enemies are resistant to your damage type. The proc’s actually powerful against the Chthonic bosses so you’re pretty good w/o BiS i’d say

Hey man, I’m comin back to the game. Been out a very long time and was looking for a build to start with, well I’m kind of toying with a couple builds at the moment and wanted to give yours a go since it looks freakin fun as hell. Is there any possible way that you could give even a rough breakdown on a leveling guide for the skills. The games changed a lot since I’ve played and I’ve forgotten even more lol :eek:

One option,
at level 50 buy 2 daggers from vendor once faction opens up.
Elite Legion Firestarter Black legion vendor
that should take you to level 75 when you can buy the L75 dagger version until the drop happens for your desired weapon.

The core of this build is two end-game legendaries

So, either play fire-focused Pyromancer using two Legion Firestarters

OR

Focus on chaos damage using some other dagger (Thalonis’ blade? or Master’s Spellblade)

As for levelling, use Dreeg’s Evil Eye OR Greater fireblast for levelling. Don’t invest too much into anything except physique, a few points into spirit but none into cunning

Reserve, seems fun to play

Question, how do you get all your buffs to activate without them being on your hotbar?

Lol, umm. Press “Y” on your keyboard watch the magic happen :rolleyes:

Hey, don’t hate. :slight_smile: I fat-fingered “Y” a while back and realized it was the hotkey. Had a dense moment. lol