Chaos should really need a buff

They are strong EXLUSIVELY because Inquisitor has Aether RR (cause shitty Arcanist doesnt have any). Same why Occultist/Necromancer work well for physical builds, despite having 0 physical damage.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2Bz9db2

Been toying around with that for a few days now. Solid so far, but agreed only viable within a limited set of gear.

+1 to that, any more chaos RR related builds are just painful to play because how many piano button you have to press just to match elemental rr from afk vindictators -.-

Implying Arcanist doesn’t pull any weight in any aether build. In fact, the majority of the damage from the aether builds come from Arcanist. Necromancer and Inquisitor just help it with RR and some damage.

A class not having RR doesn’t make it “shitty” by default. Soldier only has flat RR, which there’s plentiful in the game, and it does fine.

Arcanist need that RR provided by Necro.But aether Drain Essence works very well as Apostate,even without Arcanist class.

Chaos Purifier with strong conversion should also be viable as ranged.But will be smoother if you can have more chaos RR,especially in Occultist doesn’t make sense not to have.And chaos damage is severely lacking in devotions.T2 constellations with chaos?

Doesn’t really change the fact that aether builds with arcanist aren’t strong SOLELY because of the other mastery and Arcanist actually pulls weight.

Then again, this seem to be another case where MortalKombat actually hasn’t even play the build and just assumes stuff with no evidence. This is the only conclusion i can make because he hasn’t show any evidence as to why aether inquisitor builds are only good because of Inquisitor.

Also Solael Witchblade is the T2 chaos devotion.

100% agree.

I personally don’t think chaos is bad. It just doesn’t have many strictly top-tier builds save Witching Hour pets. But so is the case with aether that only has AAR binder, pierce that only has Belgothian, bleed that only has Bloodrager, etc.

When it comes to strong but not strictly top tier builds, chaos is not far behind other dmg types, really. Chaos FoI with the new 2h crossbow is very strong, and arguments could be made that it’s actually top-tier, Rah’Zin isn’t that bad now, Tenebris struggles with energy but would be very good if only this was fixed, classic Darkblaze isn’t weak either.

Anyway, specific issues to fix:

1. Energy sustain from occultist mastery. This has been asked for since forever. Chaos devotion paths have no room for Harp and need it.

2. Abominable Might. This is a great and thematic devotion. It gives chaos identity of a dmg type that struggles but boasts gigantic spikes. But it’s lacking for all the things you gotta give up to get it. Until it’s properly buffed 95% chaos builds will go for Aeon+Korvaak.

I would increase the buff and decrease uptime. And change the proccing method. On-death proc is thematic but it’s usefulness is too limited for a build defining devotion.

I find the biggest problem is the lack of Wps or auto-attack skill for Chaos. And no, for players like myself that enjoy the levelling process, having the auto-attack attached to an L94 set is little comfort.

Also doesn’t help that main chaos RR is attached to a skill at the end of the mastery bar with a (still! Just make the centre mine land at the cursor…) clunky mechanic. Or you need full mastery bar investment in Demo to get the RR you want.

Chaos cadence with Servitor’s Pinky Finger

The lowest level version drops at level 40

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8408

but i dont want to play any Demo or Inquis class combinations, like i said, the selection for Chaos RR is quite narrow, without any class skill RR method as i play warlock in Chaos, and i play it in struggle .Btw, Harbinger set designed for Doom bolt rather than auto-attack.And I dont like range class very much if you want me to play Harbinger set in range-combat style

It really freaking does dude. It’s HORRIBLE! The good stuff is fire and cold dmg. Poison is like Chaos, it sucks…

That’s what most of the melee choas fans will do right now.
Upcoming patch also offers another chaos set.

only 88%??
RR modifier on Wrath of Tenebris is kind of useless, CD on Doombolt is too long.
Putting modifier on Guardian of Empyrion would be a fitting scene.
Or replace it with -10 ~ -15% Chaos RR on CoF is a better choice too.

I never understood the logic behind not giving chaos RR to the occultist, nor their terrible energy management considering they are chaos mages of sorts.

I agree.Just like some of my friends said the Iskandra set should be a caster-melee set because Iskandra Elemental Exchange aim for it:D

The logic behind not giving chaos as much rr as lightning or vitality is that if all dmg types were identical in their functionality then there would be no use for different dmg types. Zantai already said that if GD2 is to ever happen he’ll drop aether and chaos completely. A big disagreement from me on this. But these kinda threads only reinforce him in this predetermination. All you guys seem to want is another elemental but in a different color.

The issue with chaos is not the rr. It’s just certain minor things that were overlooked when buffing other stuff that is more popular. Chaos isn’t popular - or if it is it might not be the best choice - for most beginners. It’s not the best dmg type for leveling. In most part, it’s an endgame dmg type for advanced players who know how to build and make up for different deficiencies.

However, none of this changes the fact that the fastest build in the world is chaos.

different dmg types should rely on their side effect ,not just colour or RR or something, for example,fire can cause burning ,cold cause freeze, lightning cause paralyze or has a wide range value of dmg ,just like Diablo2 or the other RPG games,that’s my opinion
btw,why did you say chaos build is the fastest?you mean it is easy to build up or what?

It would be hard to implement that properly and balanced in GD. For example, in PoE, side effects of various elements are far from balanced. Same for Sacred 2.

I have a Ra’Zin Witch Hunter with dual fang of c’thon. The damage is OK but compared to other Nightblade-type characters it is way behind the curve. It also is extremely fragile making making it feel like a glass cannon that shoots out water balloons (this is with full investment in both Dying God and Abomination btw just to get to OK damage).

It’s probably too late to really give Chaos a DOT effect (entropic decay is what I envision it would be called) but better RR and more conversions and more health or DA on chaos items would be something.

Since 1.1.2.2, Revenant devotion has RR, so i was shocked about Ravager killtime :smiley: It’s one of my best builds against Ravager, surpass other NightBlade cousins, remember resistance of Celetial is always highest of the game (103% for Chaos) and not affected by any unreliable mutators, and RahZin can handle Celestial just in 3m

+1 A big No
Can’t deny chaos is hard to swallow for new players. AAR fans would cry for this too.
Also this indicates Arcanist and Occultist will face a delete or redesign their entire skill tree in GD2.
Through years Crate already knows pros and cons about them in GD. Is there no way giving them a brand new future in 2??
Why not improve them instead of throwing them into oblivion with Ch’thon.
They deserve more and shall not be forgotten. They need LOVE.