Clarify Production Building Tasks

Hello! Would it be possible to put in more text for production tasks, so it’s clear exactly what items are being made for production buildings (e.g., Blacksmith) that can produce multiple products? This is going to be very verbose and list-happy, indicating what I’d like to see done for specific buildings, but this is by no means all-inclusive:

Hunter Cabin

• Skinning Carcass
  • Skinning Boar Carcass
  • Skinning Small Carcass
    This is just to be clear what the Hunter is actually working on; it’s not really vital to know, but it is possible to store multiple carcasses in one Hunter Cabin, so knowing what they’re producing would be nifty. For example, an upgraded Hunter could be excessively focused on their animal traps and skinning too many small carcasses.

Mines

• Mining ___
    This is just to spell out what they’re actually getting. It’s moot, because the mine itself will tell you what they’re gathering, but again this is mostly for task management debugging purposes. PLUS, there’s the possibility of (mixed?) gemstone mines in the future after release (as a T3/T4 luxury) and being clear what they’re mining would be helpful for production.

Armory

• Producing Shields
  • Producing Hauberks
  • Producing Heavy Armor
    Right now the Armorer tasks say only “Producing Armor”, but this doesn’t tell me which one they’re producing! I’d love to know what they’re making. This can help Crate with potentially debugging production ratio tweaking as well, if necessary.

Blacksmith Forge

• Producing Tools
  • Producing Weapons
  • Producing Heavy Tools
  • Producing Heavy Weapons

Foundry

• Producing Iron Ingots
  • Producing Gold Ingots
    I think this says so already, but I’m including it here for the sake of completeness. Also, added in the word ingot so that it’s clear alongside mining which villager is doing what, even though their job (miner vs. foundry worker) makes that obvious.

Preservist Building

• Producing Preserves / Preserving Fruit
  • Producing Pickles / Preserving Vegetables
    The ‘pickles’ part is mostly nomenclature consistency and me being a nitpick. Either you call them by colloquial names, or be specific which is which. I prefer the colloquial names, myself. Plus, pickling is likely the process used for preserving vegetables, though it’s possible fermentation could be used.

Fletcher Building

• Producing Arrows
  • Producing Bows
  • Producing Crossbows
    As with the Armorer, it’s unclear what “Producing Archery Items” means in terms of what the worker is actually making.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.