Cloud saving

Hello there!

First of I am enjoying this game very much, the graphics, the systems and evolution of the city is done really well.
But I am wondering when are cloud saves going to be implemented, at the moment I can’t play on Nvidia Geforce Now unless I want to start over again when I go back to gaming.
Can you give me an ETA or some type of “soon” “in the near future”.

Thanks and good luck with future content for FF.

3 Likes

I was going to ask the same thing.
That would be a great feature to use Cloud Save.

1 Like

They don’t support them right now, but if you have room on your OneDrive (or similar service) you can make it so you personally have cloud saves.

Create a folder on your OneDrive and copy your saves there, delete the “Save” folder in My Games\Farthest Frontier. Then replace that folder with a Symlink for “Save” folder to the folder on your OneDrive. Here is the command

mklink /D “C:\Users<YOURUSER>\Documents\My Games\Farthest Frontier\Save” “C:\Users<YOURUSER>\OneDrive<WhateverPath><folder Name>”

to give you an example with real values here was the command on my machines

mklink /D “C:\Users\theka\Documents\My Games\Farthest Frontier\Save” “C:\Users\theka\OneDrive\SyncedAppData\SaveGames\FarthestFrontier”

I would not advise using OneDrive, we’ve already had a report of it messing up with saving games.

1 Like

Any cloud service can mess with save games if you don’t give it time to sync. but with 1Gbps fiber internet it sync instantly for me

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.