[Cold Melee] DW Scourge Strike Cold based Spellbreaker

Yeah it feels clunky to me as well :stuck_out_tongue:

looked through a couple of your builds, was encouraged to play but then realized none of them actually have in depth leveling guides. in order for you to take your build guide to the next level you need to provide an in depth leveling guide.

Play your usual DW Nightblade with Mistborn Talisman until you get Scourge. That’s all for in-depth leveling guide.

Leveling Guides are all easy. What class are you? Well, X Class just uses Y weapons, whatever they come across, with Z skill, and that gets them through Normal and part of Elite just fine, which is usually around when you can start using whatever weapons and skills the build is calling for.

See? Done. You don’t need a leveling guide to get through Normal and around 1/2 of Elite if you just look at whatever the easiest way to level with that class is. It doesn’t change. Also, if you don’t want to level as the first class… There’s TWO! So even if you don’t know how to cheese early leveling with one of the classes, you should know the way for the other… Unless you’re entirely new, and then you really shouldn’t be looking at leveling guides, because you won’t have any of the gear it talks about.

Can please explain why it doesn’t work with DW?

ABB as DW melee only hits with the offhand.

Am I the only one who thinks that makes no sense? An attack ability, in the tree devoted to dual wielding all over the place… Doesn’t dual wield? That seems counter-intuitive, considering that the entire top line is devoted to just that, as is much of their specific gear and some of their other skills.

Pretty sure everybody who is aware of the issue finds it stupid. Even stupider is that ranged DW ABB which was originally not meant to be possible, DOES have the same chance of hitting with both weapons as a normal attack.

It should definitely be fixed because that issue basically precludes DW builds from investing into ABB itself since the point investment is hard to turn into a DPS gain. So those builds 1-point the base skill and max Lethal Assault. This also leads to some seriously clunky gameplay where optimal DPS is reached by only casting ABB as little as possible to keep LA up.

I find this extremely stupid myself

I noticed it when i made the ABB Breaker that we could hit with both hands with Pistols

Wish they fix it

But they do not. As long as the sum of all WPS chances doesn’t exceed 100%, they don’t overlap.

The animation causes a losses in effective single target dps

staring at scourge strike icon for longer periods of time be like :

Well if you rank this close to maelstrom in terms of fun and fashion… then by no means I am in !

and what is wrong with me missing all the fun all this time ignoring such an awesome looking skill icon… :eek:

:D:D:D:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again let me say thanks again for this is now my favorite dw beating maelstrom to the punch… it feels similar to an ss sb but slightly weaker but cooler overall thanks to the skill icon. the defensive setup makes up for a more smoother safer fights overall and mind you Scourge Strike hits pretty hard man! When expac comes we can probably spend points in SS but until then this feels very solid in campaign, pretty much a good alternative for SS builds out there

Maelstrom recently did a deathless Edge of Reality run though :cool:

Although I tie this build with Maelstrom in terms of personal preference, but both of them loose to my DEE Hunter (Cause All Hail Dreeg)

Is there any way to view these skill trees while on mobile? Grim Tools, while an amazing resource, does not function properly on mobile.

Take it, bro.

I am unable to see the devotion point allotment, I id the falcon one first and linked with amarasta quick cut.

am a newbie to GD though far from with other RPG and games in general.

I was looking for various builds and I liked the DW type in most other RPG/MMO/AARPG, had a very slick one in DDO.

Anyways, I chose to use this one cause it seemed like would be similar to what my DDO duel wield elf ranger/fighter thingy was.

so I started off building via this build once figured out where need to click to see where points were spent and the like, the devotion tab however shows up as blank for the visual elements, the total spent shows up, but not the constellations? kind of makes it hard to know if am following a similar “path” to replicate the build eventually ^.^

pardon if this question has already been asked and answered.

on another note, this game plays very very well on my system coming from PoE that was sluggish/laggy anything but optimized crud IMO. just shows in my mind there was/is nothing wrong with “my end” as so many others in that game tell others including the devs “game is perfect any problems are with your machine/internet”

anyways, thank you for posting this build, I hope can sort out why I do not see the constellations to make sure am following build as you put together.

Hmm it seems you are unable to check Grimtools devotion map, that’s weird since it works for me

Korsar’s post right above you should help :wink:

thanks…is there any way to reset devoit points, or, you would have to scrap character start again like one would have to do if they muck up attribute points?

I thought maybe it was because I was using ublock/poper blocker via chrome, I disabled those, still not see the map :frowning:

but, I can see via the repost/link that you gave i.e the spoiler…thank for that, so can see via such, but not via the Grimtools devotion map how awkward, so it kind of gives an idea, but same time not really cause hover over the pictures is not interactive, and at least the SS vs my ingame it almost appears as everything is lit up hard to tell to my limited experience eye balls lol :frowning: