[Cold Melee] DW Scourge Strike Cold based Spellbreaker

Then this build isn’t for you. It relies on crafting a particular relic, so unless you have a recipe for it and all its prerequisites, it won’t work very well.

wow, lol, so suggesting I build a completely different build and later after I have particular relic make the build with a completely new character if I am understanding you correctly…I did state was newbie when comes to this game, so actual pointers might have been worthwhile.

was asking specific question(s)/concerns (was trying not to sidetrack) so basically, instead of I don’t know linking the specific relic in question that is essential, you throw that comment out, how thoughtful…

Would be like saying “if you don’t have fuel in your fuel tank, you can never drive your vehicle, so until you get a vehicle that has the fuel you need to drive it, I would look for an alternative mode of transportation” but no suggestions/directions either…how helpful, thanks. :confused:

He isn’t too far off the mark, you basically can’t play the actual build till you have the relic.
So you have to level it like something else. It’s how some builds work (item specific and conversion builds)

Anyway, you can still play it as a spellbreaker so you don’t have to worry about starting a new char

Also, to answer your question you can reset devotion points at the Spirit Guide inside Devil’s Crossing

maybe it was the way he said it lol…seems via the devotion person you can reset the points themselves, but, cannot reset the levels given to the “class” i.e if you spent X on nightblade skills themselve you can buy back the points to use on something else but you cannot buy back the levels to nightblade say to go from a nightblade level 20 back to nightblade level 1 type thing, or is this just me?

I am putting in a support ticket to see why am unable to see the star chart (how it was spent, the pictures or whatever) in grimtool build guides, I looked at a few other build guides and same thing, whatever points they spent or did not on devotion it shows up as x spent but not on what/where
:frowning:

You have to wait till the expansion is out, then you can change this, too. At the moment, it isn´t possible.

If you need the Relic, write me a pm.

I have started the process of updating my guides. The Grimtool link for the updated version has been added

Please notify me if any of the links is broken in any way

For now it’s only the GrimTool Links. I don’t have too much time at the moment but will update the write-up at some point. I have around 20+ other build guides to tend to so I am sure you guys can understand

Update:

Level 100 GT Link for Spellbreaker added

Are mythical iceskorns worth it though? ABB isn’t a damage dealer there, Mythical Chilling Grip of Hagarrad seems to be a better fit.

“Frostborn Ugdenbog Chillstrife of Fury”
“Stonehide Redeemer Treads of Kings”
“Stonehide Zantarin’s Shoulderguard of Kings”
“Stonehide Solael-Sect Legguards of Nature’s Bounty”

How can I get those godly MIs?!?
It’s nearly impossible to acquire those gears, except you’re using some cheats program.
The xpac isn’t released yet.
How come newbie like me can get that “unknown” “Frostborn Ugdenbog Chillstrife of Fury”?

Same like this :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49058

There’s no explanation how to get the weapons :
2x Frostborn Bloodsworn Repeater of Shattering
And it’s so hard to get even just 1 weapon.

Using trade also hard to get Frostborn Bloodsworn Repeater of Shattering or
Frostborn Ugdenbog Chillstrife of Fury.
Not all people have those ultra rare godly MIs.

Honestly, almost Chthon builds use “Nearly Impossible Godly MI’s” that new player like me have no good idea how to get those gears/weapons.

Anyone know what cheat program is easiest to use to get those very rarely MIs and weapons?
Cheat Programs that user friendly and compatible with xpac.
I believe there’s no way you can get the godly MI’s via trade when xpac just released.

This build is not for “new players”. If you don’t know where to farm these MIs, you probably don’t have the recipe for the build-defining relic either.
Also these items are just a scale, you can set with just one affix item, or rare+magic one until you will eventually, if ever, get the BiS.

I can’t really decide. On one hand there’s Flat Frostburn damage, Crit Bonus and Lethal Assault Bonus
On the other hand we have Night’s Chill and some other stuff
It needs to be practically tested. The current link isn’t permanent. It might be changed later on after the expac is released

sigh

This again. Look if MIs were the triggers for the build then I wouldn’t even bother posting them let alone asking them to be added into the compendium. The entire point of that grimtool link is to show the BiS equipment of the build. And on a side note some of my personal versions use even more MIs, I just don’t bother posting those since they’re nearly impossible to get w/o trading

Fucking finally, someone does get it

No, when xpac just released it’s still nearly impossible to get it if you don’t use some cheat programs.
It can’t be acquired via trading. There’s no people have it for trade (except they use cheat programs)

Even a Praetorian asking question, how you got the weapons.

Same response like you did to Dragonstongue :

You just too “harsh” to new player.

It’s better if you explain where to get the godly rarely MIs, where and how to get it, and how long it will take time to pursue those MIs.
So that some limited time new player won’t even bother to try “the nearly impossible builds”

That was why I asked if somebody know what cheat program is easiest to use to get those very rarely MIs and weapons?
So as I can try it instantly

What kind of world do you live in? Did you even bother checking the Trophy Room thread?
Heck I know alteast two self found players on this very forum who have equally good MIs if not better than mine

He wasn’t a Praetorian back then, he became a praetorian just now and being a praetorian has little to do with anything. Heck if it matters I know Praetorian(s) who have better MI based builds than my own, are you suggesting he/she cheated to obtain those?

I am not harsh to new players, I am harsh to whiners. Not to mention I am not the one who he was talking to in that post
If you want an alternative setup then show me what items you got and I can try to help you out but if you’re going to insist this build is impossible without MIs then I don’t know why you are still here.

It is pretty clear you lack knowledge of this game and rather than having an open mind and trying to learn you insist on whining
Don’t bother replying if you’re going to whine about MIs, if you want help you’ll get it but besides that nothing more from me to you

Also, I don’t know about item programs but GD defiler/ GD stash are pretty popular for skill/attribute resetting

EDIT
And just to prove a point - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m75lZj

That’s because both of you miss the same point: this build relies on a skill provided by a mythical relic. And due to the nature of skill, the stats this build accumulates differ quite significantly from your usual DW spellbreaker. To craft the relic you also need to know recipes for all reagents and relics required for it. That alone puts the build way above the “starter” tier.

Why should anyone help you when the first thing to ask is how to cheat the items?
Just play the game and you will notice patterns to particular MI drops.

First time playing GD here! Jumped in on this guide because it seemed like a playstyle that fit me. I just got to reading the whole thread however and realized that “scourge” is required for this build. What would your recommendations be for direction of my lvl 30 spell breaker? Is it highly improbable to farm scourge on my own? I used the wiki to look up Mi’s…is it hard to just locate them then pray for RNG for parts you need?

I’d love to continue with this build if possible. Thanks for the writeup and discussion.

Blueprints are generally obtained through nemesis farming. Sorry since Scourge is a high level relic it’d be hard to obtain it at low levels try using another character to farm something

I was looking for a fun dual wield spellbreaker build, checked my inventory and it turns out I have Scourge and all the necessary pre-reqs to build it. Only a quick question so far:

Do relics scale as you level up? I am curious if Scourge will still be good at level 100 (I believe it’s from the base game?)

Thanks for the build, looks very fun.

It does “scale” in a sense that the attack has higher WDM than capped Shadow strike with 0 point investment, on top of built-in 50% cold conversion. So its damage will grow with weapon damage.

Ah that makes sense, thanks for the answer. I also just luckily ran into Dickie watching a stream and he also confirmed that Scourge will still be good. Nice to have such a helpful community.

Guide updated

> Added WH concept
> Added Cabalist concept
> Added Spellbinder concept

Guide updated

> Added WH concept
> Added Cabalist concept
> Added Spellbinder concept