ComboMod Testversion

Hi ashbrain could you please provide me with a link for the Rainbowfilter you are using and I will give that a try.

I am getting so many items with this on them that it could be the Rainbowfilter.

Many thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

i do not use any Rainbowfilter at all :slight_smile: Should be fixed then for you, that’s great! Have a good time and keep hunting! :wink: An update is in the making, will be released when i am done with the rest of the D3 gambling section weapons, just shield + 1h sword + 2h melee leftover, aiming for the next release at the middle of the week, latest on friday.

Cheers.

Sorry if I was not clear but I am not using a Rainbowfilter but I am still getting all these tags.

I really do not know what to do now apart from putting up with them.

Thank you for trying to help.

YES I have fixed the issue :slight_smile:

I backed up my Grim Dawn My Games Folder then completely emptied it started a fresh new character and it seemed okay.So I copied over my character I was using and all the items were fine :smile:

Must of been something sat within my settings but I do not have a clue as to what :rofl:

1 Like

Very good :slight_smile: Maybe some needed files from Rainbowfilter were in there, but also unsure tbh :slight_smile:

Howdy :slight_smile: Took a bit more time then i thought but guess what, here comes an update :))

→ 06e:

• CHANGE: D3 Gambling → rearranged statvalues on gearitems, accessories + armor → mainly da + oa;
  • CHANGE: D3 Gambling → optimized and rebalanced all weapons; 2h weapons have 2 more fixed statvalues overall to make them more viable especially for endgame; → do not worry about the already added petboni, there will be more added via affixes and some more new petbased gearitems, and also the already given will have get a rebalance and adjust aswell, in one of the next updates :slight_smile:
  • CHANGE: D3 Gambling → removed attributescaling on all basegearitems completly, it seems to me the best option to let their values stay in the wanted valuerange, no more absurdly high modifiervalues AS IT SEEMS, please report if you see or feel anything is NOT correctly scaling to the given difficulty!
  • CHANGE + FIX + NEW: started to use the tool “GDModSuite” by Ceno (-> “[Tool] [Modding] Grim Dawn Modding Suite”) and instantly found thousands of errors xD → alot of them are infact related to deactivated TAGs, which is no problem at all, at least i think so → absolutly GENIUS tool to have! big help this is! BIG THANKS goes out to Ceno for this! → fixed various broken and missing links (over 400 issues have been resolved, maybe some crash causes terminated xD); GDModPruner → furthermore deleted UNNEEDED files that are absolutly equal to basegamefiles and NOT needed in the modfiles!
  • TEMPFIX: D3 Classes Mod, missing skill found in petskilltree for Witchdoctor Frostspiders → wait for the new file from Grimer → created placeholder by copypasting the one from the skeletons;
  • CHANGE: “Omega Summon Stone I” is now called “Exotic Summon Stone” and is NOT soulbound anymore! furthermore optimized spawnmechanic and increased updating speed of this vendor, so be quick on choosing your new gear :smiley: → no need to make more “Summon Stones” for epic or legendary gearitems as we already have the “Exchange NPC’s” which is absolutly fine in it’s core, only prices have to be adjusted in another update down the road;
  • CHANGE: updated the pdf a bit, mostly the first part → yes, it get’s heavy xD

will be availabe in 10ish minutes, just on my last testrun, cleaning up and packing together :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the update ashbrain will give it a go over the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Started new char got through warden nps. Except, is crazy mike only a 1 time summon per session? I couldnt resummon him. Nothing happens when I click to resummon.

howdy :slight_smile: it can happen that you can not resummon any of the npc’s IF you warped while they active, i think it has to do with their unsummon radius, already seen this behaviour, maybe i will add some note about this in their tag for the next update, thank you for pointing it out!

the big change is Gambilng rare item right? have very strong attributes, make more free of equipment collocation. at least make my build better.

1 Like

great to see you still hunting mate! :slight_smile:
yes, the new Exotic Rares are here to provide a better support overall and to expand build diversity, in the end i wish to see that we have JUST these Exotics beside the MI’s as rare gearitems, that is the idea behind that all i would say, to also focus more on the already given Gambling Mechanic, also i would like to exclude this mechanic to one single exclusive NPC down the road to get better control on the output according to the blacksmith stat boost, which is still not that satisfying, especially because it does not scale in this manor i have set it up, but will get to that. Some Epics + Legendarys (both D3 and basegame, especially 2handed weapons) might get some boost in the near future to compensate this i bet, because some really do feel underpowered, also i want to mix a bit more the D3 + basegame class skills to a specific point to get a better synergy feeling in the end, again :smiley: Also the new D3 Classes Mod has a BIG update this time and it really looks very promising in terms of balancing this great mod even further :slight_smile: will be alot to integrate and alot has to be taken into consideration, as usual xD as you might have noticed i have not that mega much time for modding atm, due to a new job and some random issues that can happen in life, but we will get down the road :slight_smile:

Cheers!

EDIT1: the new system for those Exotic Rare Gearitems is by the way heavily expandable, if anyone wants me to bring in a specific themed weapon (i.e. you want some 1h Gun with a lightning petbonus and increased stunduration and according stats) to hunt/gamble for, simply tell me and i see what i can do. Keep in mind, alot of new pet themed items already will arrive and alot of new petbonus will be created for one of the next updates, also some new affixes specialized for petuses will join the affixtables :slight_smile: if i have missed some really important things on these rares, simply tell me, this system will get expanded over time till it is fine, then it will be applied also for all basegame class skills in the end to balance this out, so do not wonder atm that basegame affixed rare gearitems might be a bit over- or underpowered :smiley:

1 Like

Howdy :slight_smile:

An update is incoming in a few minutes, have a good time!

0.6f:

• FIX: Crazy Mike → updated name “Omega Immortals Summon Stone I” to “Exotic Summon Stone” and increased outputamount; → i think the inworlddrop will get an amountincrease aswell in one of the next updates and maybe 1-2 more lootlocations will be added;
  • FIX: added various missing basegame loottables! → filled out with available Gambling affixtables as usual; ALL basegame loottables for “common” “broken” and “crafted” gearitems have been removed!
  • FIX: Portable NPC “unsummon” radius effect optimized, it SHOULD NOT happen anymore that you are not able to resummon any Portable NPCs after you have warped around the map via any portal, under normal circumstances, if it still happens at all, simply tell me so i can put a TAGnote onto all items to be aware of this small issue; furthermore the despawnradius has been DEcreased for this aswell;
  • CHANGE: Portable NPCs → removed 1 completionbonus, so now Ashdim himself + all Gambling NPCs + all Exchange NPCs share the same completionbonus, separated from the Shattering Blacksmiths which have an exclusive completionsbonus → also rebalanced stats on those 2 completionbonusfiles → tried to make the bonus itself scalable which did not work for any reason…;
  • CHANGE: “Mythical Ore” RENAMED to “Mysterious Ore” → fits better when needing it also for empowered gearitems at Exchange NPCs etc.!
  • NEW: Blood Shards + Combo Orbs + Mysterious Ore are now FREE TO SHARE! no more soulbound or untradable on these currency items!
  • NEW: dismantling any Epic gearitem now als can grants Mysterious Ore at the same chance a Combo Orb is granted;
  • CHANGE: new prices for Gambling D3 (NPC03):
    → now ALL items will need 15k iron + 15 Blood Shards!
  • CHANGE: new prices for Exchange D3 (NPC10):
    → Epic: 20k iron + 20 Blood Shards + 5 Combo Orbs
    → Legendary: 40k iron + 40 Blood Shards + 10 Combo Orbs
    → Setitems: 60k iron + 60 Blood Shards + 15 Combo Orbs
    → IF the item is Empowered: + 1 Mysterious Ore
    → IF the item is Mythical: + 2 Mysterious Ore
  • CHANGE: new prices for Minor Exchange (NPC08):
    → now ALL items will need 10k iron + 10 Blood Shards + 1 Combo Orb + 3 Hero Souls + the Minor gearitem to exchange!
  • FIX: minor affixissues in the Shattered Affix section → ABSOLUTLY NOT GOOD to put any NONPLAYERSKILLS to affixes, my fault :smiley: (i.E. there was a nonplayer “Volcano” skill assigned as a skillAugment, that created WAY too much pressure on the overall gameperformance when used in this manor, FPS went down to 25 at TargetDummy…xD maybe also cause for a crash i guess, not seen any in a while, just to be sure on this, and i mean it kinda obvious now also to me xD ALL nonplayerskills will be ripped from affixes over time and/or swapped out with itemskills!
  • CHANGE: playerclass Demolitionist: removed active energycost and doubled reserved energycost for Flame Touched and Vindictive Flame → this will happen to ALL other class auraskills aswell over the next few updates, simply because we hate REcasting these so so often… xD it is sufficient i think to have itemskill auras to have energycost per second!
  • CHANGE: Shattered Realm → removed UI-message about “Powerful foes slain” to declutter the screen a bit;
  • NEW: added mapnugget to D3 Boss Lootorbs → better not miss these lootexplosions :slight_smile: slightly increased chance to gain Hellfire Amulet Craftingmaterials from ALL bosses; → these lootorbs are now called “Diabolic Hellfire Essences” → added an openingeffect and slightly adjusted the overall style; when a lootorb is about to spawn, an UI-message will appear as notification, also there will be an UI-message when a D3 Boss appears in the area → do not wonder if you NOT see the mapnugget vanish after collecting this orb, i did NOT found any way to make that work,… i think it can be done by linking the chest to the “Boxtrigger” mechanic of the Portable NPCs, but maybe i just don’t see the “easier solution” xD → same small issue like for the Nemesis Troves;
  • CHANGE + FIX: cleaned up: “petbonus” folder, created new bonusfiles, all Exotic geartypes now have at least 2 unique gearitems exclusive for pets with their unique bonus; → more variety will be introduced by adding more petbonus affixes in one of the next updates and/or create more unique Exotic gearitems;
  • INTEST: tried to create sort of a “Brawler” weapontype,… xD → “mace1h_azturrasq_myth_test01.dbr” which can be grabbed from Crazy Mike in the D3 itemsection → semigood with my knowledge i think… xD changed the template and adjusted the values, changed the mesh to “fx/meshfx/aegisshield_chaos.msh” and adjusted the size to be very small, nearly looks kind of what i wanted (from max zoomout… xD) but clearly is not worth to put in, at least not now, i just think someone with skills in changing and creating mesh files could really do this and make it work, then we could add MONKFISTS! :smiley:
  • FAIL: tried to create a new template out of “charstatstab2.tpl” to show D3 Class +skills in the charstatssection, not worked for any reason in many different ways, i think this is somehow hardmodded or i am too stupid to do it with the tools… xD
  • CHANGE: further slowly optimized, cleaned and updated the pdf-file;

Any issues? Feel free to contact me anytime, cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Howdy :slight_smile:

was playing around a bit with the UI the last few days because i got too bored of the flat bars, so i decided to let globes join the mod, finally :slight_smile: with the permission of Ram, OwlHeart and all involved modders i made it happen by taking the baseidea, mechanical databases and some assets from the amazing D2 Realm of Terror Mod, which i had played a while aswell and always liked that style but never thought it would work :smiley: truely setting up some userinterface is not the easiest way, just saying coordinates… xD but well, here is some first pic to show what is coming in a few days, some more small adjustments will clearly have to be done, helplines will vanish and it will shrink even more, a bit will be cut of from the west and eastside xD furthermore i will try to see if there is a chance to put another overlay on top of the hp-globe as an indicator for constitution, which would be totally insane on top, but can’t tell atm, just can tell that it seems to be hardcoded that the flow can go horizontally only, but that is not that hard to accept, at least for me :smiley:

→ scaling at maximum

→ scaling at normal

Cheers

How does this work with Smiths and Vendors? I assume they do not have their own category like other weapons. And animations?

yes true, they are still daggers by template, but i guess a new category in the D3 vendor can be created then :slight_smile: about the animations, that is really the part additionally to the “better mesh” part :smiley: therefor just a test to also remind myself about :smiley: the idea is good i think but for sure not that easy to implement as initially thought, as usual xD seeing this atm on building a tiny new UI ;D maybe someday…

Cheers

No, I mean what animation pool do they use? 1h? I understand you don’t have the custom animations or models. Even without custom animations it would be perfect if we could get a new category for the weapon type and just use the ‘unarmed’ animation.

yes it has the same animation as daggers/1h have, just without their basemesh, so sometimes it simply looks a bit out of place, tried several things to cascade that but without success :frowning: maybe you come up with some idea for it, i think all D3 players would enjoy it having this for especially monks sometime :slight_smile:

small update incoming, mainly the new ui for GLOBES :slight_smile:

0.6g:

• NEW: the skillbar got a tiny overhaul to bring some fresh air to the heroes of Cairn :smiley: → mainreason are obviously the Healthglobes! a BIG SHOUTOUT for making this possible goes out to Ram, OwlHeart and the whole D2 Realm of Terror Team, thank you very much for letting me use some of your assets! in addition the healthglobe is now able to show an overlay for our constitution which will make life a bit easier when having Grim Souls :)) it is not absolutly final, but the best i can get out of it for the moment, clearly here and there are some things to optimize, but you will see :slight_smile:

feedback will be appreciated.

Cheers

quick preview:

2 Likes

Can u make this optional? I dont like the huge balls myself.

Maybe i will do so…